US Vogue January 2018 : Lupita Nyong'o by Mikaeal Jansson - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I do like how everything feels fresh for a January cover, but unfortunately for me, this is another non-event from American Vogue this month.

V.I.P.

Neutral on the cover. But her skin looks lovely, and I love the silver of her outfit and the blues in the background. I'm hopeful that the editorial will be a huge step up from the cover.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
I might be one of the only ones who likes this but WOW I looooooove it: from the pose, to her amazing luscious skin, the surfing vibe/yoga, the styling is beyond superb, great hair and makeup it will definitely be for me one of US Vogue best covers of the 2000 !!! Superb !!! Great layout and coverlines as well, it feels very good and pro and here´s the US Vogue I fell in love with in 2002 !
I love it too. But I'm missing Lupita's gorgeous and illuminating smile. This would have lit up the mood against the silver/cold background. Also, just to add, Lupita's mentioned, in one her interviews, eons ago, that she partakes in yoga as well as weightlighting, and pole-dancing too

backstage pass

I love that Lupita's has the support of someone like Anna Wintour to give a black celebrity so many Vogue covers in such a short career span(hasn't she broke some sorta record with this?). But I would think her PR would be smart enough to expand her to other magazines as well.

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Way back when, Anna used to put fresh faces on January covers....guess that's a thing of the past!

6 Days Ago
fashion insider

I mean I love Lupita, but this is BAD. Go home, Wintour!

trendsetter

2018 covers has not started well

6 Days Ago
backstage pass

I wanna cry

fashion elite

I don't know maybe i'm weird but i actually like this cover. Lupita always looks nice.

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Boring cover, the playground looks so fake than was made in Power Point.

5 Days Ago
fashion elite

That pose...

5 Days Ago
backstage pass

Is it a great cover? Not by any means. But by American Vogue standards (actually most vogue’s standards in recent years) it’s really not that bad. The worst part is the grey masthead to me. Should have just been white.

Last edited by JesseDillon; 5 Days Ago at 04:05 AM.
5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Queen View Post
I am so sick of Anna Wintour I can't even put it into words. As many on here have already said, she could have had many different women on this cover, but instead she goes with Lupita for her annual Vogue Cover. Unbelievable. I wish she'd retire. She lacks zero creativity and vision as this point in her career.
THIS. It's ridiculous at this point. She's out of touch, and it's time to move on.

5 Days Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Because Black Panther opens in February. I guess that month is reserved for someone bigger because of awards?
They could have given the cover to Danai Gurira or freaking Angela Bassett. Mary J Blige has Oscar buzz for Mudbound. I love Lupita but she isn't the only notable black actress in Hollywood, Vogue.

V.I.P.

I was wondering what's with the fitness theme, but then I realised that readers are at their most vulnerable in January. After a month of excess and gluttony most will take Vogue up on whatever fad diets, fitness fashion and apparel they're flogging. This is how many women's magazines of the 90s managed decent sales for what's generally described as a quiet month, and thinnest issue, on the publishing calendar.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, jansson, january, lupita, mikaeal, nyongo, vogue