How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

i wish the lady vs. jester sort of theme in Emma's editorial was better executed. I get that she is suppose to be showing she can be the funny girl and the sensual conventional starlet but its poorly done imo, though that Jil Sander shot is beautiful

16-06-2012
front row

so vogue does a story on a spa at brazil...and they decide to use karlie kloss?? with all of the gorgeous models to come out of brazil...interesting decision. and regarding emma's editorial-i think she photographs funny. just about every editorial i've seen her in she looks odd. i think she is one of those people who look better in motion then photography.

Last edited by fee de foret; 16-06-2012 at 10:52 AM.
16-06-2012
V.I.P.

Love Karlie's editorial. I have to say, I think her work in US Vogue is definitely her best.

Emma's editorial is a tad odd and jumpy, but I quite like the mood of it all. Her eyes look incredible throughout, but here's hoping she lands a second cover with her red hair.

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

Testino and Phyllis are such a good combo. Mario's work can be deathly boring when he is put into the hands of a minimal stylist like Tonne but Phyllis has such a vivid imagination when it comes to styling and image conception that it punctuates his work with life.

The shot of Karlie wrapped in foil and the sandy nude image are really something.

16-06-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Karlie is mos defn the next Gisele...her work is amazing

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

Karlie's ed is killer!!! Now that I've seen an HQ version of Emma's cover, I don't care for it as much. The makeup looks kinda messy and the editorial is all over the place. Not sure where they're trying to go with it.

backstage pass

US Vogue definitely loves Karlie, great thing is the result works, I love the editorial. They might have used a brazilian I agree, but then Anna is always working with the same people over and over again so I'm not hoping for it to change. The naked shot is gorgeous, the 2nd one is beautiful also. On the other hand, I don't like Emma's editorial at all... It lacks cohesion and she looks stiff esp. on the last shot, and what about the Lady gaga arm? two pics would have been more than enough with that pose. Still looking forward at the rest of the content

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiaparelli View Post
cover is very old fashioned and boring actually!
i wish it had more power and feeling
Uh..yah. It looks really dated to me. And it's kind of weird in a way, because it doesn't seem super old, but more like something from 2005-2008...definitely not 2012. And this isn't to say that anything from American Vogue is so fashion forward, but it feels so strikingly different with the rest of the covers within the last 2 years that have actually been quite nice...and sometimes edgy for American Vogue standards.

V.I.P.

Karlie is great but I just feel that US Vogue should give more chances to other models.... tbh it has become quite boring for me everytime I buy Vogue... Bc I know Karlie must be inside
Posted via Mobile Device

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

Karlie's editorial is amazing as expected, especially that nude shot in the desert.

16-06-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Quite disappointed by Emma's editorial. The concept is interesting but the execution falls flat. They could've pushed the clash between the 2 moods further than just quirky outfits and goofy pose against sitting portraits in girly outfits. Mario Testino is capable of much more than that, Karlie's ed for example is perfect!

rising star

I'm so glad she finally landed a Vogue cover! Long overdue in my opinion. She looks gorge specially in that Nina Ricci tweed and lace dress. And I'm loving Karli's Frida Kahlo-esque pic in her ed! Will def pick up this issue.

17-06-2012
fashion insider

gorgeous cover!!!!

17-06-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyLeReveur View Post
Karlie is great but I just feel that US Vogue should give more chances to other models.... tbh it has become quite boring for me everytime I buy Vogue... Bc I know Karlie must be inside
Posted via Mobile Device

Almost every issue this year has had at least one model who has either never been in US Vogue before or rarely used in U.S. Vogue so I'm not sure why this same complaint is still brought up.

17-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
Almost every issue this year has had at least one model who has either never been in US Vogue before or rarely used in U.S. Vogue so I'm not sure why this same complaint is still brought up.
I couldn't agree more. It's always odd to see people complain about US Vogue when there's magazines as redundant as Paris Vogue and Numero.
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, emma, july, mario, stone, testino, vogue