How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^^ Exactly same here, don't follow her career.etc ,but this is stunning and sensual, she really is photogenic, i love when we can see the actual garment on the cover, and yay no banner and less text lately.

My thoughts exactly. She looks stunning

14-06-2013
trendsetter

Love it! She looks gorgeous!

14-06-2013
she's got the look

I'm glad the rumors were true. She looks great on the cover, it's quite a decent shot. Not really a fan of the styling and layout, but they work somehow.

trendsetter

WoW! No what I was expecting and actually really gorgeous. Reminds me of the Rihanna Cover from last year.

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

Really great cover, miles better than what I was expecting. I love that they went less eccentric and costumey and more natural, Katy looks really beautiful here.

V.I.P.

I don't care about her but she looks amazing.

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

nice cover but at first glance it looks a little too photoshopped. love the colours and styling!

tfs star

To me, she looks tired and sleepy. It's an okay cover.

.my prison is your brain.

Maybe she should try not wearing 10 pounds of foundation in real life, facially she looks really pretty and soft here. I like it, great styling, and I love the green grass and flora backdrop for summer.

14-06-2013
backstage pass

I don't know why but to me, there's something off about the eyes.. I like the dress and the background..

14-06-2013
trendsetter

Yeah her eyes look really sleepy here. I wasn't really looking forward to this when I heard the rumours but I quite like it. The styling is nice and the fresher looking make up suits her. The heading "unique is the new chic" sounds so cheesy though.

fashion elite

i expect katy perry to be more like a pop star. im not sure how to put it but her very playful way.....

this is a pleasant surprise. beautiful cover!

14-06-2013
windowshopping

This might not be a popular opinion but I have to say I do approve US Vogue's choice of cover stars... and the "makeovers" that they do in their editorials. It's a different road the magazine is taking compared to other editions of the title, most of which are pushing on high fashion and couture and whatnot.

In the case of Katy Perry, a popstar who's deemed as too commercial or even tacky at her worst, they were able to use her as a canvas and make an image that's both ethereal and striking. This, I think, is the real essence of fashion, the transforming power of clothes and how it can let the best in all of us shine. It's still Katy Perry and you can still sense a part of her in the outfit (with the sweetness and the whimsical flowers and all) and yet it's an image that's different from what most people are used to seeing her... it's not perfect by any standards (the eyes look a bit dazed) but it's one of the most beautiful I've ever seen her.

If US Vogue is able to use the best fashion to transform style-challenged popstars, then I have to say it's definitely doing it's job of being the frontrunner in instigating classy personal style. Now if they could just do something with Britney (please dont hate me, i just believe there's hope for that girl.

14-06-2013
trendsetter

I'm glad they have styled Katy in a very relaxed way, minimal makeup and simple hair because her personal style is sometimes too much to handle.

The cover is very pretty and relaxed and I don't get what people mean by 'it doesn't look very July' sorry what does a month look like? If every cover for the whole of summer was filled with beach themed and bright colours shots everyone would be moaning about how it is too much.

14-06-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Very beautiful and NO banner! Her face seems odd here though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, annie, july, katy, leibovitz, perry, vogue