How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2013
backstage pass

It's a weird cover to be July... and I don't follow her, but she is not that "Vogue" to me, to be in the cover....

14-06-2013
backstage pass

I know I've said this before and sound like a broken record, but I just can't stand another 'dead soul' portrait from Leibovitz!
Every person who sits in front of her camera has no life in their eyes!
I'm not a follower of Katy, but I know her to have a vivacious and upbeat personality. This photo doesn't capture who she is at all!
Major Fail!

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

The cover is pretty, Katy looks great but why her copy the Rihanna's pose of November, i know than their are friends, but ready.

Well, hope than Daria's ed appear on this issue.

14-06-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbuja8910 View Post
The cover is pretty, Katy looks great but why her copy the Rihanna's pose of November, i know than their are friends, but ready.

Well, hope than Daria's ed appear on this issue.
i think daria's ed with m&m will appear on either august or sept issue bc she wore f/w clothes for the ed.

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

Is it me or they made her boobs disappear?!
her expression is so soft it turns out very bland... but other than that I like the styling

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

^^The July is the first look at Fall issue (+ Daria was wearing Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2013 in one of the candids).

14-06-2013
backstage pass

The July issue (at least since the early 90s) has usually had a fall fashion report cover line on it somewhere, so the magazine isn't pushing fall fashion on us earlier than usual (not by their own standards). The cover image itself is a bit more autumnal feeling than I expected but it's still a nice image. It definitely does not have the same summer feel as the grassy Claire Danes July issue but that's okay.

I have to say though, Katy Perry? Really? I force myself to give that woman a chance (watched her documentary, give her songs a listen, watch interviews, etc.) but how she speaks to any generation is beyond me. Mind you Vogue put Melania Trump, Blake Lively, and Jennifer Lopez on the cover so why am I complaining?

Honestly, the only reason I miss models on the covers is because I didn't require them to be relevant or remotely interesting...or even human. When I saw Kate Upton on the June issue I felt like I could shamelessly (and simply) enjoy fashion and beauty again. Celebrity covers and the requisite interviews create this sense that I should respect the person on the cover... or something. I don't know. I think I'm just trying to say that celebrity covers aren't much fun, lol. That's all.

14-06-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i like it especially the texture

front row

I don't like Katy that much so I'm not surprised that this isn't one of my favorites covers
The styling, the colors, her hair and make-up are all walking but her face is the huge problem here, it just makes the whole cover feel dead and boring

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

There is something so odd about this cover. Maybe it's her dead eyes?

backstage pass

Wow, I'm impressed. Its a beautiful image. Like many have already said, this July cover feels too Fall-ish. Even though the July issues start with the Fall collections, I still think it would be nice if the cover portrayed Summer. After all, it is Summer (personally I don't even start thinking of changing my wardrobe for the next season until September..)

14-06-2013
old-fashioned

Katy wears too much makeup in real life, but there's also too much photoshop going on here... It would have been a lovely cover if her face looked more natural. The pose isn't forced as it happens sometimes and the colors are great.

fashion icon

Katy looks very pretty on this cover. I will admit I was surprised to see her name on the thread title (she's not someone who's career I really follow) but I can see why Vogue might want to put her on the cover, she does have quite a following. Love the soft, feminine look she's styled in.

V.I.P.

I bemoaned when I read Katy Perry's name and expected to see her on the cover with some wacky hair color or some s*** ... but this is absolutely lovely! I love the dress, the hair, the makeup, the grassy field - everything basically. Even the text placement is great.

Annie Leibovitz produces the best US Vogue covers, bar none.

14-06-2013
front row

Katy looks lovely here. Nice change to see her more natural.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, annie, july, katy, leibovitz, perry, vogue