How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

Lara, Lara, oh my, she looks so wonderful in this ed.
For the first time she is not portrayed as the sex bun with boobage, but as a sweet, perfectly normal girl, sexy though dressed and just beautiful with yet a sharp edge to it. Yes, Vogue US is late on the Lara trend, but I have never seen an editorial that showcased her in such an approachable, darling way.

And there surely is a reason why Karlie is all over this magazine as well.

When one leaves the disappointing cover choice behind, this issue is very good. I am always amazed by the stellar casting of US Vogue and their way of portraying these girls. I am much happier about that shining creature that Sasha is in her wedding ed than seeing her with a padded butt licking some male model.
Call me old-fashioned.

28-05-2009
don't look down

Gisele's shot is the best part of the issue for me, although I do appreciate the other content, some of it seems oddly interesting, and I can't wait to see it for real, to get a proper sense of the issue. I even like Karlie's shots...

V.I.P.

The best and only memorable ed of this issue, for me, is the Lara's one.
I also love the feature on Rafa

29-05-2009
trendsetter

This issue is wonderful!

First of all, the cover is very refreshing. I like the green, I think it works. I also like the fact that she's smiling on the cover. I think she doesn't look photoshopped that much IMO.

The eds are okay too. Lara's & Sasha's are my favorites. The Demarchelier ed is boring but I like the casting.

29-05-2009
V.I.P.

Its a cute little issue, perfect for June, Lara & Morgan's ed is lovely, and so is Sasha's, and Rafa's feature is something i am interested in, and love to find when flipping through a mag.

US Vogue really is getting better, i have high hopes for their September issue this year!

29-05-2009
front row

I haven't picked up an issue of Vogue US in a while, but the Sasha & Lara eds have me intrigued

29-05-2009
No One Does It Like You.

thanks for scanning that key, MMA!

who is leonid lubianitsky? sasha's dad??

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-Galliano View Post
thanks for scanning that key, MMA!

who is leonid lubianitsky? sasha's dad??

Quote:
Leonid Lubianitsky is one of the leading contemporary photographers and the most recognized artists in the Russian cultural community in the USA and abroad.
A third generation photographer, he was born in Leningrad in 1938, and started to take pictures learning from his father at the age of six. At the age of seventeen, after his father’s untimely death, he started to work at a commercial studio to support his family. Later, he was drafted to the Soviet Air Force as an aerial photographer. In 1960 he started his career as a filmmaker at the Leningrad Television Studio, producing documentaries on arts and programs for children, while continuing photography as fine art as well as taking assignments for various magazines and publishing houses.
Leonid Lubianitsky immigrated to the USA in 1972. His first job was as an assistant to Richard Avedon whom he considers his mentor. The second significant encounter was with the editorial director at Conde Nast Publications, Alexander Liberman, who gave him the opportunity to launch his own career shooting celebrities for the Vogue magazine section "People Are Talking About".
At the same time, his works were published at a number of magazines in the USA and abroad, such as New York Times Magazine, Time, Fortune, People, Horizon, Look, and others. He was receiving assignments for recording companies such as Arista, CBS, and Polydor, and advertising agencies. His photography for advertising campaign for US News and World Report brought him ANDY Award of the NY Advertising Club.
In his own words, a follower of Richard Avedon and Alexei Brodovich who defined American photography of the 20’s century, Leonid Lubianitsky continues traditional approach using film and photographic paper. This exhibition presents portraits of Russian and American cultural icons such as Duke Ellington, Jack Lemon, Allen Ginsberg and Andrei Vosnesensky, Claeus Oldenberg, Peter Sellars, Marina Vlady, Aaron Copland and others, which is a small fraction of his works, created in the USA in the years of 1970’s and 1980’s.
“In gracing the pages of practically every major publication in the country,” wrote the Nobel Laureate poet, Joseph Brodsky, “ the portrait photography of Leonid Lubianitsky reveals an amazing sensitivity and zest, while being a uniquely exhaustive record of the cultural icons of our times.”

30-05-2009
fashion insider

Hmm thanks MMA, does he still photographe for the People are talking abut section?

30-05-2009
backstage pass

I really disliked this cover. I disliked the colors, the placement of the text, Cameron's outfit, Cameron's pose, her smile...if I didn't get it in the mail, I wouldn't have bought it at the store, based on that cover. I'm really disappointed with Vogue.

19-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

19-06-2009
V.I.P.

^^You know whats funny? I ALWAYS love the outtakes when they are added to Wintour's letter, and more often than not i find them better than the ones used in the end. Thanks for the scans hun.

19-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

19-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

19-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, cameron, diaz, june, mario, testino, vogue