How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2012
trendsetter

That cover is cheesy! Yeah, it's great that they are celebrating athletes and fitness to tie in with the Olympics, but it's just so....forced.

And those swimsuits? It baffles me that those cheap looking things would have chosen when not a few months back Vogue did a feature on high-end, high-fashion, swimsuits-for-fashion-only-sakes.

11-05-2012
you soft and only

They're probably saving Michael Phelps for a GQ cover after he wins another 500 medals this year. Also, do you really think Anna would let someone with his face on her magazine?

11-05-2012
boop

I will gladly take this over another picture of an actress with a movie to promote staring blankly into space while pouting. This is fresh, light and effervescent. Love how happy and healthy they all look. This is a beautiful image and if there ever was a time to talk about sports & fashion, this would be it.

ALSO: No annoying red banner!! They even held back a little with the text! This is downright miraculous!

Last edited by Luxx; 11-05-2012 at 09:13 PM.
11-05-2012
V.I.P.

Nothing exciting or creative about this cover

trendsetter

Not amazing, but not bad. Looks more like a men's fitness magazine than a fashion one.

Not to be harsh, but, Michael Phelp's face is not cover ready.

11-05-2012
trendsetter

And it was shot by Annie Leibovitz.

11-05-2012
fashion icon

Umm... guys... I have something to admit... I may have squealed when I read the title of this thread. Two of my athletes on one cover (Serena and Ryan. But Hope is awesome too, I just don't follow her career as much)? It's almost too much to handle. I love how healthy and carefree they look. It's a nice change from the typical Vogue cover. I'm sure tons of people will grumble about not having Michael Phelps on the cover but Ryan is poised to do really well at the Olympics. And even though I'm a massive Phelps fan, it's nice to see that they went with someone who isn't necessarily a household name.

she's got the look

Love the cover! It feels indeed refreshing.

fashion icon

Ummm, this is just a big fat NO. Seriously, WTF is this?

11-05-2012
V.I.P.

I was hoping for Maria Sharapova, but now I realize how unlikely she would've been. She'll be competing for Russia and there's no way they'd put someone who's not part of the USA team for the biggest national athletic games.

As this cover goes, it's not bad for what it is. I'm glad they didn't try to go 'avant garde' with the athletes or try for something pretentious. This is very americana and should appeal to people, so I wouldn't be surprised it becomes this year's best seller.

V.I.P.

LOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEEE IT, ESPECIALLY RYAN

11-05-2012
fashion elite

WERQ at Serena stealing this cover! She positively owns it. Hate if you want to....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolphin View Post
why Ryan Lochte ?where's Phelps

ok, he's great, but Phelps is a legend!!!!
Ryan is the serious contender to Phelps, if there's a swimmer out there that can beat Phelps on more than one occasion it's Ryan. His an olympic champion in his own right too so it's fitting to have him as the one to watch this summer. All eyes will be on Phelps we know that but it's great to let someone else shine and his a hottie.

11-05-2012
fashion icon

So happy for Hope. I loved her ever since I saw her on Dancing with the Stars. I do have to hand it to Anna because I did not see this cover coming.

11-05-2012
V.I.P.

The idea is nice but the execution is kind of blah. I don't find the cover good. It could really pass a Vanity Fair cover actually. But I have to admit that my eyes went straight to that Ryan guy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, annie, hope, june, leibovitz, lochte, ryan, serena, solo, vogue, williams