How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2013
fashion elite

Also, I unfortunately doubt Karlie will get a US cover. Yes, whoever is into fashion knows about her, but she isn't generally famous like Gisele, Adriana Lima, Kate Moss etc. The nation(s) may know her face, but I think people (in US maybe) don't connect her name with the face. After all, you gotta be famous to be on US Vogue.

10-05-2013
fashion elite

YES!!!!!

gifsoup.com

backstage pass

I really don't like this cover, her expression leaves my cold. She looks bored. Then there is that exorbitant cover line. To call her a supermodel would have been bad enough, but "The Hottest Supermodel On Earth" is near blasphemous. Her rise has been an enigma I cannot unravel. What is her appeal? She's a rather bland girl imo.

10-05-2013
backstage pass

I really like the cover, Kate looks beautiful and I like the covers.
And it's refreshing to give a cover to a model instead of another hollywood actress or singer promoting another movie or album, so go Kate

fashion icon

this is the essence of classic american fashion cover... I like it, it is very summery and she looks good there

fashion insider

I'm so glad she got the cover and I'm more glad that it's a good one. I like her a lot and I'm rooting for her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 10-05-2013 at 05:25 AM.
10-05-2013
V.I.P.

It's better than I thought it would be, but still I'm rather blank about the whole affair. It's better than her UK Vogue cover that's for sure, but like a few people above I'm a little bit of a loss to see why she landed the first 'new' model cover for US Vogue in a such a long time, aside from the fact she has a 'celebrity' aspect to her where as other models like Karlie, Arizona or whatever perhaps don't.

10-05-2013
backstage pass

OMG!!I don't like her,but she really looks good here!Stunning cover!

V.I.P.

Yay! she looks astonishingly beautiful, colors are fantastic and styling is so effing perfect. I'm so happy for Mario as well, I haven't liked his latest work but this is beyond gorgeous, all those locations are simply breath-taking (pretty sure it was shot in Peru).

I'm buying this for sure!

tfs star

I don't dislike her; I don't particularly like her... I just don't care. Anyway, I don't see her as "model" but as a celebrity, so for me this is not a model cover at all. And it’s clear they gave her June’s cover because it was last year’s worst selling issue…

10-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I don't dislike her; I don't particularly like her... I just don't care. Anyway, I don't see her as "model" but as a celebrity, so for me this is not a model cover at all. And it’s clear they gave her June’s cover because it was last year’s worst selling issue…
Yes you're absolutely right! She's more of a celeb than a model to me, ŕ la Heidi Klum.

10-05-2013
V.I.P.

This is probably this year´s best US Vogue cover! And i really never was a fan of Kate Upton...

maybe Gwen Stefani can compete with this. But things with her head and Vogue letters were a bit weird on January cover - that´s why this is my winner....

10-05-2013
V.I.P.

there are so many other models I would have prefered to see on the cover, it's just so disappointing! this makes me really sad.....

10-05-2013
fashion insider

I can't wait!! Love this: the cover, Kate, the editorial with it's outdoorsy escape appeal. I will be buying this as soon as it his the stands. A great issue for Vogue, IMHO!

10-05-2013
fashion insider

Obviously with this choice of cover model: the hype sells! And that's the most important factor of all.
It's nice, but I want something surprising and stunning.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, june, kate, mario, testino, upton, vogue