How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2013
backstage pass

In order to become a model who graced the cover of Vogue, it's either you date a celebrity or be on the cover of Sport Illustrated. All Karlie needs to do is find a famous boyfriend.

I love Kate Upton though - she has a charming personality and that stunning body. But a Vogue cover? really? Look at Joan Smalls - she's the face of Chanel, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Fendi MTV etc. She should be on the cover like months ago and Im not even a fan of hers.

Vogue is a fashion magazine. Everyone loves Vogue. Every single Vogue cover in the 60s are so iconic. The magazine used to celebrate beauty fashion and art. Now it is all business etc, which is good for the magazine but for me, I would rather buy an Italian Vogue, which I can't even read Italian.

10-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee de foret View Post
Really, look at the models who are popular right now. They are bland boring and forgettable. Is Kate Upton a super skilled model? No, and I think most people realize that. But put her up against today's top models and vogue us favorites-karlie Joan cara just to name a few- and honestly she can hold her own against them. People act like models today are as good as they were in the 90s, hell even the early 2000s but they just aren't.
I agree with everything you said. Kate might not be the greatest model but I guess people in the states like her. We'll see if this cover sells,then perhaps, it can make way for other models in the cover.

trendsetter

The only good thing is that Vogue put a model on the summer cover and it suits her, the cover is quite good actually. The fallout is that she's the only few models working that gets to be on the cover, but Vogue under Anna Wintour no longer is edgy and stunning prior to her rule. The only dreaded thing is that after the June 2013 issue it'll be another celebrity actress cover which we'll really dread. Please no Carey Mulligan or Beyonce.

10-05-2013
rising star

For current standards, actually a decent shoot.

But damn she always reminds me of Marilyn, besides the obvious like hairstyle, especially the mouth-always-open-situation.

11-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Vogue s not everyone in high fashion and I heard meisel is not happy she got a cover.
Why is Meisel not happy about that? Like half a year ago he let her appear on the cover of Vogue Italia.

11-05-2013
trendsetter

^ yeah if anything he's jealous he didn't shoot the cover! the problem with Vogue was that he carried out a lot of photo shopped full body covers that began in the 90s and continued until now, those covers are now the same again and again, at least show some deviation so it doesn't become boring

11-05-2013
V.I.P.

this is actually quite good.... at least its a model finally.

11-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonghay View Post
Why is Meisel not happy about that? Like half a year ago he let her appear on the cover of Vogue Italia.
maybe it was a boss's favor

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
It baffles me that there are countless of other deserving models that deserve to be in Kate's place. Yes, she has such a strong presence in the media and most people know her rather than say Natasha Poly or Abbey Lee, but seriously this is a huge step back for Vogue.
Sigh, it's a lovely cover. Whatever.
Put Ms. Poly or Natasha on the cover of US vogue and you'll not just have the worst selling issue of the year but perharps of all time. Am a biug fan of their work but we have to be realistic, print is dying out and Anna has to do everything in her power to move magazines. Afterall US vogue is almost the anchor of the Vogue franchise

V.I.P.

This is one gorgeous cover! I'm in love with it. So happy for her to be scoring a major fashion magazine cover. And she killed it in her editorial. The third and fourth shots are my favorites. Although I wish it was Meisel who shot it, not Testino.

But still, I'm satisfied with the result.

V.I.P.

this is EVERYTHING.

it is Giving. Me. LIIIIIFE!!!

hahaa. I'm not sure why I suddenly turn into Rupaul when seeing this, but if I could diva-drag-queen scream how excited this cover makes me that'd be awesome.

Seriously, Anna has made the call. And now we shall see what happens next. If designers take her on as a muse or use her in campaigns, we'll have the first legit superstar model since Gisele. She's referred to as a "supermodel" because she's a model and she's extremely famous.

I'm loving the editorial, as well. Fun, summery, sexy.

front row

kate is everything <3

backstage pass

Behind the Scenes

11-05-2013
fashion insider

From the 'Behind the Scenes' videos:

Keira Knightley: 1.153 views
Beyoncť: 1.177 views
Rihanna: 1.108 views
Rooney Mara: 789 views
Kate Upton: 10.352 views

11-05-2013
fashion insider

Is this girl really happening in the US? She's certainly not happening anywhere else, and by God they are trying.

It's absolutely baffling for me what she's doing on the cover of Vogue, What is the appeal? She's your run of the mill page 3 girl, well to tell the truth I've seen page 3 girls more interesting looking. And it's not like this glamour model material turned serious model is a new concept.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, june, kate, mario, testino, upton, vogue