How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueParisLover View Post
This whole situation is funny because you aren't happy when a typically beautiful celebrity is on the cover and you aren't happy when somebody different shows up. Lady Gaga isn't a model, but she's certainly not ugly. She's better looking than most of you, inside and out. The things you are saying about her are bull**** and it all makes you sound pathetic.
Uhm, I don't think what we look like has anything to do with this. Obviously she looks better than at least 80% of us. So what? It's a valid concern anyway. Can't average or ugly people appreciate or discuss beauty or art then, you mean?

05-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
Do you have any idea how unbelievably shallow and rude you sound when you make a statement like that. The "ugliest" and most "superficial". Just because she isnt your typical Blake Lively does not mean she is ugly. I can't believe a member is THIS rude.

I still cant get over how rude you are!
wow that's really over the top.

I don't think Gaga is ugly just that physically she's the definition of average.
Even beautiful people would have a hard time trying to pull this look off, she didn't look bad on her i-d cover and magazines should stick to that kind of look with her imo. Lots of make up, smart lighting, a ton of photoshop and preferably hair covering her face. I'm all for people making the best out of what they've got but she's punching way above her weight.

05-02-2011
Alluring

Quote:
She's better looking than most of you, inside and out.
All right, as much as I'm trying to stay away from all the discussions going on here, this is probably one of the most idiotic things posted I have seen in a while.

05-02-2011
windowshopping

As much as this is Lady Gaga on a Vogue cover, and we were all expecting it to be over-the-top-fabulous, in my opinion it looks like a cosmo cover.

It seems to be dulled down to the point where the only spark (or point of interest) is her hair colour. I have seen wonderful US Vogue covers before and this is not one of them. Nothing against Gaga of course. But it seems really tame and a contrived simplicity.

05-02-2011
front row

Oh look a heated debate over the cover of US Vogue.
This only happens... EVERY MONTH.
It is what it is. Im sure the inside content will be fine.
*Hopes for some Trentini*

05-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
All right, as much as I'm trying to stay away from all the discussions going on here, this is probably one of the most idiotic things posted I have seen in a while.
Totally agree, imo, a person who claims to be a vegetarian and wears a raw meat dress after that isn't a beautiul person, is an hypocrite.-

05-02-2011
devil in the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacita View Post
Totally agree, imo, a person who claims to be a vegetarian and wears a raw meat dress after that isn't a beautiul person, is an hypocrite.-
I don't recall Gaga ever claiming herself as a vegetarian

I wish people would be able to leave their personal disdain for her aside and judge a cover as it is.
I like it.

05-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
This whole situation is funny because you aren't happy when a typically beautiful celebrity is on the cover and you aren't happy when somebody different shows up. Lady Gaga isn't a model, but she's certainly not ugly. She's better looking than most of you, inside and out. The things you are saying about her are bull**** and it all makes you sound pathetic.
She's better looking than most of us on the outside? Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt that.
Anyways, I'm absolutely adoring the cover. The dress is absolutely stunning and the pink overload just hits the spot.

V.I.P.

Fantastic cover!!!
For me she's one of the very few celebrities that can work a high fashion magazine cover.

05-02-2011
boop

So...

How about things that are actually inside this issue, instead of the ongoing, do you or don't you love Gaga question.

I hear that there is going to be a nice multi-girl story in this issue and of course a special couture spread.

05-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilkfreak View Post
I don't recall Gaga ever claiming herself as a vegetarian

I wish people would be able to leave their personal disdain for her aside and judge a cover as it is.
I like it.
I don't know I think she said she was against fur or something but I wouldn't pay attention/look to deeply into the things she says or does because they're full of contradictions.

05-02-2011
fashion insider

In response to iluvjeisa - When I personally think of ugly, I don't think of Lady Gaga. She by no means is ugly. Also, when people are judging somebody's character, especially somebody's they don't know, it's gone a little too far.

In response to mackos - As far as I know, Lady Gaga is a good person who has done numerous good things for people. She's not judgemental, unlike most of the people here.

In response to Tacita - Lady Gaga isn't a vegetarian, and if you took the time to find out why she wore the meat dress, you wouldn't be complaining. You shouldn't pass judgement when you aren't educated on the subject.

I just want everybody to know that I'm not getting loud just for the sake of getting loud. I had certain points to make that people just don't seem to see. I don't even stan Gaga, it's just some of the things you all say are a little insane. I'm over it, okay. I'd rather see the contents than talk endlessly about a cover.

Last edited by VogueParisLover; 05-02-2011 at 02:06 PM.
05-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
In response to iluvjeisa - When I personally think of ugly, I don't think of Lady Gaga. She by no means is ugly. Also, when people are judging somebody's character, especially somebody's they don't know, it's gone a little too far.

In response to mackos - As far as I know, Lady Gaga is a good person who has done numerous good things for people. She's not judgemental, unlike most of the people here.

In response to Tacita - Lady Gaga isn't a vegetarian, and if you took the time to find out why she wore the meat dress, you wouldn't be complaining. You shouldn't pass judgement when you aren't educated on the subject.

I just want everybody to know that I'm not getting loud just for the sake of getting loud. I had certain points to make that people just don't seem to see. I don't even stan Gaga, it's just some of the things you all say are a little insane. I'm over it, okay. I'd rather see the contents than talk endlessly about a cover.
"she's not ugly"......"she's not judgemental"....that's purely subjective though. The comments people are making aren't insane, it's all a matter of their own personal views. Who cares about what they each individually think of lady Gaga.

windowshopping

Wow! I like it, such a fresh take on Miss Gaga. The colors suit nice and I'm sure HQ pics would make it look way better. Plus can't wait to see the rest of the content.

05-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
I don't know I think she said she was against fur or something but I wouldn't pay attention/look to deeply into the things she says or does because they're full of contradictions.
Full of contradictions? Gaga is strictly anti-fur, but has never said she was vegetarian.

Anyways, there are people who genuinely dislike Gaga's music and find her less than talented, which is fine. But to "dislike" Gaga herself is beyond me especially when she is yet to say things that are even remotely offensive or demeaning, even more so when people dislike her just for the sake of disliking her; even more unseemly when people "hate" her and try to justify their hatred by making up grande reasons like "she's contrived" or "shallow" or "there are musicians before her that have done that" or "overtly over exposed" or "her music is meaningless" or even "she looks like a man."

If you don't like an artist and their music, then fine; just admit that you don't like their music. Because the reasons people put out there for disliking her in a personal level could be said for most musicians really. As if the musicians people love to compare her to when discrediting her like Madonna or Grace Jones weren't at some point contrived, shallow, had "meaningless" songs, or weren't inspired by people around them or people who weren't there before them.

I think I've come to terms with the fact that many people dislike or bash Gaga because it's easy to target her because of her prominence at the moment; I don't think she'd have the same level of unnecessary criticism being put out there if she wasn't as popular. I mean look at how much unfair criticisms Justin Bieber gets frequently. It's silly.

Then there's people who dislike her because of her "obsessed fan base". Which I think is hardly any reason to dislike a musician.

Anyways, I hope we get more leaked photos soon.

Last edited by Leeroi; 05-02-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gaga, lady, march, mario, testino, vogue