How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2011
tfs star

^ U.S Vogue is as mainstream as you can get. Celebrites, Actresses, Singers, The First Wife, all on the covers. Other publications may be seen as elitist and not mainstream but we are talking about United States Vogue.

and Stefani, or Ms. Lady Gaga, was probably the biggest star of 2010.

ps. I do like the pink though. It's refreshing. and I am glad they kept the "Vogue" text black.

04-02-2011
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
KUDOS ANNA/GAGA/TESTINO (are we sure its not Klein?)!!!
Mario Testino. The shoot took place at the Royal Museum of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium.

04-02-2011
fashion icon

Hating someone only because she's widely popular is just ridiculous. You may not like Lady Gaga or her music but this cover is great..no doubts.. one of the best after a long time. And although I am not US Vogue reader I'm thinking to buy this issue.

trendsetter

Yes. Much so than a caricuature like Stefani who has built her image on icons by-gone like Bowie, Madonna, Warhol. Shes's just pretentious and overbearing. Anna is a fashion original and i think the fashion industry should support people within this industry. 2 years ago did we ever think an artist called "Gaga" who wears meat for press impact would get a cover of Vogue, better yet a teen sensation like Kristen Stewart who has no style whatsoever?. Clearly Vogue is going downhill. Whilst i dont believe there should be re-runs of Lively, Kidman, Sienna, etc, there are other ways to put across a refreshing point of view without sucumbing to the teen/child market for sales.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
04-02-2011
Plain Ol' Beautiful

Oh God, it's always the same, people complain and complain about Vogue US and how it always does the same and now there's something different, they complain again.

I don't love the cover, because I'm one of the two people who like the usual covers (Shame on me!), and she's not a very pretty being on top of that, but I love that she's wearing Haider Ackermann.

Plus, after the absolutely stellar content of the February issue and an exquisite January, where's the point complaining about the cover? As soon as I flip open my Vogue, I'm happy and as I purchase this mag to read it, not to stare at it, that's all I really need.

V.I.P.

So good to see Haider Ackermann both on the cover and inside the magazine! Hope it's Haider getting all the attention this issue like Proenza Schouler did last issue.

It looks good, Lady Gaga was a great choice. For sure it will sell for the obvious reasons. Looking forward on seeing more of the inside.

04-02-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Amazing to bits! First I love that they took a BOLD choice on making the hair pink. That`s a risk. Love the colors. Lady Gaga looks amazing as ever. Her pose looks like something of-power. The Haider Ackerman dress looks really gorgeous. Love the text layout this time and the color of the word VOGUE.

I`m just a bit disappointed on the preview editorial. It looks the same as the cover. Hope for good contents.

V.I.P.

I don't care for Lady Gaga but personally, I find this cover to be exciting in a way. It certainly feels fresh and new, but most of all, its something dynamic and bold.

Thank god they decided to try something different for once. Usually Wintour has a generic actress in a pretty dress made up to girly, feminine perfection and everything looks incredibly stylized and perfect but also it has no "balls" so to speak. This cover, whichever way you look at it, [Gaga, Haider] is a bold statement from Wintour and her team. Kudos to them! Hopefully we won't be disappointed next month with Gwyneth or Keira or Nicole!

04-02-2011
clever ain't wise

You can't say much from such a small picture but it looks like the color composition is wonderful. Without the pink Anna Wintour bob this could have been boring. And with a face like Gaga's, it's definitely better to add some other, more obvious and fun, flaw.

04-02-2011
trendsetter

I think it's really refreshing to see Lady Gaga and the pink bob on the cover of American Vogue. It's HF and it's not trying to hard. Love it def. buying this.

trendsetter

I'm excited for Haider because he deserves that kind of exposure. And regardless of my feelings for her music, I have to say that this is an OK cover. I do not like the hairstyle but it looks alright. I actually want to see her editorial, if she got one.

But Born-this-way-promo is everywhere and it starts to annoy me.

V.I.P.

I think the fact that she is actually quite an unfortunate looking person helped this cover to become edgy... I like it...

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Really? You think Anna Dello Russo deserves a Vogue US cover? Oh my god... .
Not another cover with this woman pls;-))) she should stick to her editing... and I dont think she is doing really well at the moment.

what is this hysteria of self-exposure? Anna, Marc Jacobs... Tom Ford is probably soon will be printed naked on the toilet rolls...I mean seriously?!

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

no interest in her at all and they should have done this when there was all the hype around her

but i guess the cover is not too bad

French Chic

First of all, I can't see the pic in #1 But I managed to find it on another site, we are all looking at a blurry pic with a copy of Cosmo behind it?
Anyhow from this pic I see it is definite departure for the magazine and I don't mind the pink wig......the problem I have is that facially she looks bloody awful, and she can look reasonable depending on the styling. It might be that the pic (being small and blurred) is a little off. Yeah I need to see a better pic.

No big fan of Gaga, but happy for her getting the cover, and I suppose this was not how I was expecting her to look, so in that respect they have achieved something.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gaga, lady, march, mario, testino, vogue