How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
it reminds me soooooooo much of the Jennifer Hudson's cover a few years ago. Look I'm not a fan of Adele nor have interest in her, reading about her or looking at her pictures but I'll admit she has a beautiful face and the cover kinda of works but a supermodel or a top actress (and I'm a 'supermodel die-hard fan' on magazines' covers just so you know) would have been a better choice for the Power issue of Vogue. Let's see the editorials now...
Her album is very very very successful and she has 3 no.1 single in the US, so I think she suits perfectly for March Issue or Power Issue, and plus I always love to see new fresh face on the cover of US Vogue
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Rigida; 11-02-2012 at 04:36 AM.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

What a stunning shot of her, not covered up to her face, but leaning forward, looking confident, love it. We seldom see a cleavage that grand on the cover of US Vogue, and it feels like its being celebrated for once.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

She looks gorgeous but I'm not that excited.

11-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
it reminds me soooooooo much of the Jennifer Hudson's cover a few years ago. Look I'm not a fan of Adele nor have interest in her, reading about her or looking at her pictures but I'll admit she has a beautiful face and the cover kinda of works but a supermodel or a top actress (and I'm a 'supermodel die-hard fan' on magazines' covers just so you know) would have been a better choice for the Power issue of Vogue. Let's see the editorials now...
Adele has dominated the music industry for the past year, and I don't see her slowing down any time soon. I can't think of a better subject for the power issue.

I assume this is going to be a pretty big seller for them. Even with all the retouching (M&M?), she still manages to look natural, and absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see the contents.

11-02-2012
French Chic

Adele is one of the most recognisable faces (and voices) in the world right now, and her domination continues and rightly so.
She has a beautiful face and that resonates here and hell when was the last time a pair of breasts like that appeared on a major magazine cover?

fashion icon

Finally the wait is over! The cover image is absolutely stunning!

Can't wait to see what's inside. Thanks for posting!

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not a fan of Adele's music or her look at all but it's undeniable that this Vogue cover is well-deserved. If British Vogue can put Lana del Rey on their cover before her record was even released it's certainly fair to put Adele on a Vogue cover after such a record-breaking and stellar year. I actually think the cover looks great, she looks very sexy and I don't even mind that her boobs take up about 1/4 of the picture (I don't like boobs normally ).
And it does look like Mert & Marcus shot this cover to me, too. It's unusually dark for a Vogue US cover, like their Mara Rooney one, and I quite like it.

Last edited by Psylocke; 11-02-2012 at 05:15 AM.
11-02-2012
clo
V.I.P.

I just love this cover! Adele looks stunning and I'm glad they decided not to show just her face. She embodies power, so she is perfect for the power issue. Can't wait for editorial content!

11-02-2012
MON
V.I.P.

Reminds me a bit of Jennifer Hudson`s but still this is exquisite! I love it so much! Very beautiful! This will sell! OMG I am so excited!

V.I.P.

oh god, I was afraid it would turn out like that. what a cheap looking cover! everything about her looks so fake - the hair, the lips, the cleavage....

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Fantastic for Adele! Nice cover, but nothing spectacular.

11-02-2012
Mr. Zhivago

She reminds me of Jean Shrimpton

11-02-2012
fashion icon

I don't like the hair, looks like a lion.

11-02-2012
tfs star

Simple and beautiful cover! Glad to see a plus size person on the cover of US Vogue!
They will be selling this issue like bread!

front row

This is not what I was expecting, and i'm happy with the result. Adele looks incredibly sexy in this shot and kudos to American Vogue for putting her on the cover- especially considering how important the March issue is (next to September

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, adele, march, marcus, mert, vogue