How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but does that mean Adele doesn't actually have an editorial as such? Judging by the review I mean.

11-02-2012
fashion icon

Oh my gosh... ADELE!!!! I'm so incredibly excited to see that she got a cover of US Vogue. She looks so gorgeous and thank goodness they didn't just do a cropped shot of her face. This cover is certainly well deserved, look at how many people bought her album and how popular is she is. And it's high time that Vogue put a women, who I'm sure they would deem "plus sized," on the cover (I know a few other women have been on the cover in the past but not in recent years). It just make's me so happy to see a women who has a body shape closer to that of many American (and British, etc.) women on the cover of Vogue. I have a feeling that this issue will do very well... especially with people who don't normally buy Vogue. Because who can resist the power of Adele?

Also, the ed's sound fantastic. Can't wait to see them!

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 11-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.
11-02-2012
V.I.P.

sounds awesome!! can't wait to see the editorials and really happy to see Adele on the cover! she looks gorgeous!

Mario Sorrenti makes debut in US Vogue finally.. Great. Thanks for the review, surreal7.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

why is Nicki Minaj featured in Vogue??

11-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

amazing issue! Love the cover she could have had a very successful career as a plus size model if she didn't have the singing talent. The content is exciting too!!

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
why is Nicki Minaj featured in Vogue??
she has been on the covers of Paper, Wonderland, V, W and been in countless fashion magazines as well as front rows of major shows so its no wonder

fashion elite

Love that Adele is on the cover. It looks so good.

11-02-2012
she's got the look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
Mario Sorrenti makes debut in US Vogue finally.. Great. Thanks for the review, surreal7.
Once he shot Alexa Chung for it, but it wasn't really a huge spread, a single shot only.

I'm more than happy for Adele She looks stunning on the cover and M&M were the perfect choice. The review sounds awesome as well!

V.I.P.

I wish M&M had shot her outside of the studio, I mean it looks a little dark and honestly not that different from a typical Leibovitz shot (only the additional layer of PS would help me distinguish it from Annie's work).

The review sounds quite boring to me, why does Meisel not shoot for the March issue anymore? Sorrenti/Karlie and Klein/Nicki Minaj are the only vaguely interesting things here...wish they used a few newer girls like they were doing in 2010.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Adele looks beautiful on the cover and the eds sounds promising!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I somehow disagree to a part of your claim. Power, Talent, Presence and Life, yes all goes to Adele but I think that it's unjust to compare Adele to Kate/Naomi or vice versa because they're of both different leagues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
That is quite a ridiculous statement to make. Adele is active in an entirely different field than Kate and Naomi. So it's quite illogical to try and compare their level of power, presence and talent when they're not even doing the same thing.
I feel my comments were taken out of context from the original quoted message. I was disputing how I thought the idea that the original post did not feel Adele was a good choice for the cover. I would rather purchase a magazine featuring Adele, for her outstanding talent, beauty and presence than a "A Kate or Naomi" who are notorious for their Scandals. *

Last edited by MulletProof; 11-02-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: see tfs guidelines, please.
11-02-2012
fashion icon

Such a beautiful woman. I'm so glad she's got the cover.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

she looks amazing! the eyes look a lil dead but is good averall!

backstage pass

I'm also curious about the fact that Adele was not featured on the review posted... I hope it was ignored knowing US Vogue always pulls out an Ed with the woman on the cover!
I love the fact that it's Adele, I love it... But couldn't they have been a bit more creative than using the same set+colors of Rooney's November issue?
I also thank Anna for not cropping her face, the review sounds interesting.... And finally, 60 MORE PAGES THAN LAST YEAR'S ISSUE
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, adele, march, marcus, mert, vogue