How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-02-2013
fashion insider

The mouth is a bit weird but apart from that I love the cover and the tag line. Queen Beyonce rules the world indeed.

08-02-2013
fashion icon

I love it. After the panic when everyone thought that Tour promo photo was meant to be for Vogue, this is amazing. I like the classiness. I'm not a huuge Beyonce fan, but I can't wait to add a proper cover of hers to my collection. Everything works here.

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

I think she is stunning and looks beautiful on this cover, although her look reminds me the former Dreamgirls era... but I hate the grey-white-red layout because it is not springy at all

618 pages is a nice surprise, I was ecpexting lower number (althoug it is not much more than last years 606 pages)

Last edited by GlamorousBoy; 08-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.
08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Well color me shocked. This is much better than what I was expecting. It's no coincidence that it's also not a very typical "Beyonce" cover.

V.I.P.

One of the best pictures I've seen of her, but of course that's not saying much. May sound like a back-handed compliment and even though it is, i mean it in the best way possible. She does not usually photograph this well. I like the more mature image of her on this cover, versus her previous.

backstage pass

It's absolutely stunning!!

08-02-2013
tfs star

Gorgeous. Something very 90s about it, the hair?

08-02-2013
fashion elite

OMG this is REALLY awful! What did they do?? Is Anna Wintour ok? I mean, I'm a huge US Vogue fan and have been a subscriber for years but this image does look really bad on a cover the pose, the clothing, the hair, the lighting, her expression. Where's the refinement? I mean now compared to the disaster of the SI cover for 2013 with Kate Upton we can't even count on US Vogue to produce a great cover? Woww this is such a letdown, especially when Beyonce is such a beauty and since her last US Vogue cover was absolutely fantastic, it was sleek, very well styled and glam. This, this is... just plain and silly.

V.I.P.

I can't say I'm ecstatic over the grey background (2nd year in a row) but it's not a total disaster. Her smile is forced but the outfit is nice and the text is under control.

rising star

Beautifulll!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
She barely looks like herself. It's almost like they pasted Joan Smalls' lips and cheekbones on Beyoncé's face. Weird. But she looks ok, I like how understated and elegant the cover is. It's not bad. The grey background is getting depressing and boring, though.
They actually do have a very similar look.

Beysus looks so sultry here but I'm never quite sold on her in photos. You can always tell that she tries super hard on shoots, but she always look so contrived. Its like she's trying to will her photos to be "fierce" but it never looks natural aka this cover.

front row

Ugh this is terrible. The only thing it has going for it is beyonce's beauty.

08-02-2013
fashion icon

I've said before, it's always a bit hard to judge a cover before a HQ image, but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. The clean-lines and simplicity to the cover is nice. I like that they didn't go with an over-the-top cover for Beyonce, this sort of cover is unusual for her, but I think it works. And it's hard to argue that Beyonce isn't a great choice for the Power issue, she really stands out amongst her fellow musicians right now and she has a strong sense of self which can be seen as a form of power. Also love that Gabrielle Giffords got a tagline; another great, strong, amazingly powerful women. I cannot wait to read that article about her.

V.I.P.

What a beauty.

army of lovers

She looks good but after all those altered Superbowl halftime pics I can't look at her the same way.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, beyonce, demarchelier, march, patrick, vogue