How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

In fact, I am so sick and tired of seeing Sasha P. and Coco and Hilary Rhoda - they are EVERYWHERE! Every US Vogue, theres at least ONE of them. Then the other one is used in Italia Vogue.

Meisel really lacks originality nowadays - its like a broken records

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

^ he has to dumb down his work for USA vogue, look what he does for VOGUE Italia it's 100x the quality.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

^^^ NO thats the thing. His work can't be original anymore because the models he uses are the same everytime - which KILLS everything else.

Can't Sasha just go away now - its not even funny anymore - shes overexposed to the MAX.

09-04-2007
Secretly falling apart.

Location: Reading endless amounts of fashion magazines while watching The OC.
Freja did miss out big time, at least Gemma has been on one of these covers before. Freja really deserves to be there!
I was was so excited about this issue and now Im just dissapointed.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

I don't know why but this cover and the choice of the models, REALLY pi**es me off! I am incredibly angry that US Vogue uses Meisel, who they know will shoot fashion the SAME way every time ie. using Sasha, Coco, Hilary or Caroline jumping around in front in a BORING white backdrop.

It's really irritating - US Vogue used to be a trend setter - now its a trend follower.

I personally look to Vogue Paris because at least I know I will find something interesting, original and fashion FOWARD.

Even Italia Vogue bores me now with Meisel and his troupe of boring models!

09-04-2007
fashion elite

lets face it ,when it comes to fashion the us vogue is dead!!!!the only thing that has the us vogue running is anna wintours power and reputation!!!!!!we can all debate who deserves to be on the cover and who isnt.i think we all have come to the conclusion that chanel doesnt deserve to be on the cover!!!!SORRY!!! we must not forget that covers with models dont sell in america(unless you are a bikinimodel) i personally think that this is a make or break cover for the models.if the magazine sells well it could make anna decide to use more models on the cover and more than once a year.we all know that anna only brings out models cover in the usual months june/juli/april /may...the months that dont reallly matter. i really cant wait to see the issue and cant wait the see how the interviews section is made ,because doutzen has two pages and the other girls just one. i really wannna see how its done
kisskiss modela

09-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ Look, whether you like Miesel or not, he has cemented his status as one of the most influential photographers in the industry. I personally think he's brilliant but Sethii's right, he has to dumb down his work for Vogue US. US Vogue is meant to be clean cut and filled with trentini (who Anna Wintour has seemingly and ironically deemed as an 'all american face' when she's brazillian but anyway...) jumping up and down in a studio.

However. Even if he likes to use the same models, so what? Every artist needs a muse. Besides, after a while he will move on to a different model. He moved on from Evangalista and Stam (who had an exclusive with him) and now he uses mainly Coco/Hilary/Sasha. But one day, he will move on to another muse. I don't think you can blame the guy for using models that suit his vision.

09-04-2007
fashion elite

what could it mean for a model to have two pages?!last question!
kisskiss modela

09-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ That Vogue US puts more of a emphasis on them, a bit like....'you're a just a little better' than the other supermodels

09-04-2007
front row

Wow, 10 pages.. the cover is quiet controversal,haha
I like this kind of cover, like a lot of models put together on it. There are many models
whom US vogue loves, I think.
The cover looks great, anyway.

Last edited by shasha11; 09-04-2007 at 06:10 AM.

09-04-2007
fashion elite

i think that everyone on this thread is alittle shocked at the fact we are really going to have a models covers and we all want are favourite models to be on the main cover , because its going to take another two or three years before we are having a models covers

09-04-2007
fashion insider

Anna Wintour needs to get with the program.

US Vogue is SH*T anyway.

everyone knows fashion is born on the streets. the cool kids dictate what rocks.

then designers and stylists copy the cool kids!!!!!

09-04-2007
Secretly falling apart.

Location: Reading endless amounts of fashion magazines while watching The OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modela
i think that everyone on this thread is alittle shocked at the fact we are really going to have a models covers and we all want are favourite models to be on the main cover , because its going to take another two or three years before we are having a models covers
So true.. I bet there was just as much hype over the Sept 2004 cover.
Everyone just want there fave to be there, and if they arent they are disappointed (I know at least I am!)

09-04-2007
trendsetter

Boring was expected, the 'supermodel' covers are usually satndard group shots, but this is the worst. I didn't even notice who was in or not, just all the horrible outfits.

But wohoo for a model cover, I guess.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_pepa
I like the cover I think its lovely. I just cant believe Gemma isnt in there! Im so upset...
wasn't Gemma on the Sept.04 cover?! (so far away...actually)
i'm surprised there're already 10p. in less than one day... and just about a cover we don't see that much good...
Vogue US has this tradition of models on cover for a long time and I think it's good they keep this on...
the models seem to take a very 40s pose... like this one :

foto decadent

the style is (still) very american Hamptons (maybe i have clichés) but very spring-ish and fresh... i won't say boring but non-creative, imo... but it's Vogue US (it won't change until Anna left) and I'm waiting for the inside editorials...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world