How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

I don't see why one would expect something highly original, it's a "top models" issue so it's about the girls themselves, the point isn't really to showcase their work but to "advertise" them -as models, not as girls modeling clothes, don't know if i'm making sense - it's not about what they do it's about who they are so a bland group shot is totally fine by me, there are a lot of models that i love and it seems like they're looking gorgeous which is all i'm asking for in such an issue

09-04-2007
Unveil Yourself....

Seriously, why is Chanel there? She is everything from blue-chip in eds and ads...very weird. Possible replacements for her would have been Irina, Freja, Tanya, Du, Snejana....prob more.

twitter.com/ErikP87

09-04-2007
go red sox

TFS got a mention on fashionista.com:

Quote:
And Some Actual Top Models...

Frillr
has a bizarre link to The Fashion Spot, where a sorely thinned image of May's Vogue is under heated debate.
The cover photo is actually a fold-out featuring "The World's Next Top Models," including Lily Donaldson, Doutzen, Coco, and Agyness.
While some Fashion Spot critics are calling foul at Chanel Iman's placement behind the cover fold, we think that's perfectly appropriate considering the fact that Chanel is just sixteen, has only walked two seasons, and - excuse us - is posing next to Jessica Stam.
What is puzzling: The absence of Lily Cole and Russian bombshell Tanya D, whose first YSL campaign came at fourteen and who is, quite possibly, so gorgeous she's from another galaxy.
As for missing Gemma Ward, well, she was already on the cover of Vogue three years ago with Gisele and the Big Girls. At the time she was the youngest person ever to land on a Vogue cover, but now Chanel Iman may have her beat.
We'll call the Vogue office tomorrow and see if we can obtain a better cover image. Meanwhile, check out our favorite FashionSpot graphic from the post below.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Can I sue? I publish my IDs only for TFS :p

09-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ YAY FOR SETHIII!!

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

I think it just means that she maybe has something big going on with the fall campaings, maybe. Or that she has shot lots of US Vogue editorials lately, that will come out in next months.

oh and yay for sethii and TFS!
I randomly bursted about this in irc channel but no one understood - here I have 10 pages of solid conversation!

Last edited by indie; 09-04-2007 at 08:52 AM.

09-04-2007
backstage pass

I wish US Vogue would do something more creative and artistic with their covers. They all look like boring portraiture, most of them done in a studio. Can't they shoot on location somwhere? Or use some more interesting clothes? Yes, I know, they have to appeal to their market. Well, one can always dream.

09-04-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Bravo Vogue... they must have visited tFs and realized the only way they were going to get you all to shut the hell up was if they put some models on the cover.

09-04-2007

Haha...sethii's graphic is even more famous now:

http://coacd.blogspot.com/2007/04/am...-or-is-it.html

09-04-2007
fashion insider

^A maneuver that still didn't work.

09-04-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_pepa
Freja did miss out big time, at least Gemma has been on one of these covers before. Freja really deserves to be there!
I was was so excited about this issue and now Im just dissapointed.
I agree!!

09-04-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Tell me about it Sepia! I mean, I've never wanted them there anyways, models bore me, but I didn't think that this issue would be so hot button to those loyal "we-want-models"-ists.

09-04-2007
backstage pass

^One little cover a year? Of course not! I'd like to see at least half of the covers with models on them, more if I'd get my way.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRose
-- You know who I really feel bad for? Elise Crombez. Meisel works in mysterious ways. I wonder if Elise is given the cold shoulder b/c her shape has become more womanly, but that apparently did not hurt Karen Elson one bit in Meisel's world.
Love you for mentionign Elise ! So sad that she wasn;t included in the sept 04 line up an d so sad that her star is fading

Anyway I love this cover! Simple, nice colours! I only don't get Chanel...

Last edited by kimair; 09-04-2007 at 10:17 AM.

09-04-2007
go red sox

^What about Coco?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world