How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2007
princely

It's no surprise theres no Freja since Meisel shot the cover. What was it that I heard last time, Freja was cast for Sasha's first Prada campaign but Meisel kicked her off set 20mins through? Ouch.

Last edited by kimair; 10-04-2007 at 10:42 AM.

09-04-2007
User Friendly

whoah you responded right when i edited out Anja for Irina lol

Yeah its no suprise really.. thats why I included the analogy Meisel is to Freja as I am to Coco.. even though Coco deserves her spot if I were casting I would not include her.

09-04-2007
tailored

honestly, i don't understand all the talk of "where's tanya?" "where's maria carla?" "where's elise?"...

the bottom line is anna is going to pick her favorite girls, the one she sees as being "the next top models..."
it seems pretty obvious why these girls were picked, because they've been touched by anna's magic wand through editorials throughout the last few years...
it's not to say the girls not picked aren't successful, clearly many of them are...
it just means they aren't anna's favorites, and really, does that matter? are they going to blacklisted or something? no way...

i'm just happy models are on there...

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

* I dont think Raquel really should be on the cover either, shes been a model since 1999 (?) and she isn't really "the world's next top model" - she sort of already IS a top model.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
the bottom line is anna is going to pick her favorite girls, the one she sees as being "the next top models..."
it seems pretty obvious why these girls were picked, because they've been touched by anna's magic wand through editorials throughout the last few years...
it's not to say the girls not picked aren't successful, clearly many of them are...
it just means they aren't anna's favorites, and really, does that matter? are they going to blacklisted or something? no way...
You make a good point but why call it "the world's next top models" if it isn't accurate or relevant at all.

If we're going by that, they should have named it "Vogues favorite models" or "Steven Meisels bit*hes"

09-04-2007
one two three

I think that last line would really do a wonder for sales!

10-04-2007
breakfast time

I wish that the cover was bigger and not so stretched out, but I'm still very excited and I can't wait to see more! This looks like a very promising issue and there are actual models on the cover! I'm not necessarily a fan of everyone on the cover, but I still think that they all deserve to share the "World's Next Top Models" cover. However, I do agree that this is obviously Anna's opinion and ultimately a subjective one at that.

I won't lie though--I did at "Vogue's favorite models" or "Steven Meisel's bit*hes."

10-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01

The only credible thing Chanel has done is appeared in TIME magazine's style + design issue. Oh and shes walked in a couple of lower end shows...

what about being a favourite of Teen VOGUE, Benneton campaign, Bottega Veneta campaign. 'Lower end shows'? look at her showlist #924 She did 40 shows.

She may not be in italia vogue every month, but she is not a nobody.

10-04-2007
rising star

Why all the hostility toward poor Chanel? I think she's a doll and I'm very glad to see her on this Vogue cover. The "token black" comments are demeaning to such a lovely young woman.

10-04-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyvixen
Why all the hostility toward poor Chanel? I think she's a doll and I'm very glad to see her on this Vogue cover. The "token black" comments are demeaning to such a lovely young woman.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethii
what about being a favourite of Teen VOGUE, Benneton campaign, Bottega Veneta campaign. 'Lower end shows'? look at her showlist #924 She did 40 shows.

She may not be in italia vogue every month, but she is not a nobody.
ITA again!
Meisel's Bith*es! Better yet, "Anna's Homegirls"? Anna should've posed for the cover too, with the girls posing around her

Last edited by breathe.couture; 10-04-2007 at 12:52 AM.

10-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01
If we're going by that, they should have named it "Vogues favorite models" or "Steven Meisels bit*hes"

10-04-2007
one two three

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe.couture
Meisel's Bith*es! Better yet, "Anna's Homegirls"? Anna should've posed for the cover too, with the girls posing around her
We need to find a photoshop expert NOW!! Anna and her Homegirls would be the most priceless thing ever

10-04-2007

^maybe it would sell better with those headlines

10-04-2007
one two three

My photoshop skills are limited at best, but it just needed to be done...:p

style.com

10-04-2007

^Great!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world