How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2007
  301
princely
 
yourbestfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 13,403
It's no surprise theres no Freja since Meisel shot the cover. What was it that I heard last time, Freja was cast for Sasha's first Prada campaign but Meisel kicked her off set 20mins through? Ouch.


Last edited by kimair; 10-04-2007 at 10:42 AM.
 
 
09-04-2007
  302
User Friendly
 
CharlottefromCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lala land
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,968
whoah you responded right when i edited out Anja for Irina lol

Yeah its no suprise really.. thats why I included the analogy Meisel is to Freja as I am to Coco.. even though Coco deserves her spot if I were casting I would not include her.

 
09-04-2007
  303
tailored
 
kimair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Francisco
Gender: femme
Posts: 14,523
honestly, i don't understand all the talk of "where's tanya?" "where's maria carla?" "where's elise?"...

the bottom line is anna is going to pick her favorite girls, the one she sees as being "the next top models..."
it seems pretty obvious why these girls were picked, because they've been touched by anna's magic wand through editorials throughout the last few years...
it's not to say the girls not picked aren't successful, clearly many of them are...
it just means they aren't anna's favorites, and really, does that matter? are they going to blacklisted or something? no way...

i'm just happy models are on there...

__________________
j'adore couture (life in fashion and in print)
 
09-04-2007
  304
V.I.P.
 
kuba01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,437
* I dont think Raquel really should be on the cover either, shes been a model since 1999 (?) and she isn't really "the world's next top model" - she sort of already IS a top model.

 
09-04-2007
  305
V.I.P.
 
kuba01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
the bottom line is anna is going to pick her favorite girls, the one she sees as being "the next top models..."
it seems pretty obvious why these girls were picked, because they've been touched by anna's magic wand through editorials throughout the last few years...
it's not to say the girls not picked aren't successful, clearly many of them are...
it just means they aren't anna's favorites, and really, does that matter? are they going to blacklisted or something? no way...
You make a good point but why call it "the world's next top models" if it isn't accurate or relevant at all.

If we're going by that, they should have named it "Vogues favorite models" or "Steven Meisels bit*hes"

 
09-04-2007
  306
one two three
 
static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,182
I think that last line would really do a wonder for sales!

 
10-04-2007
  307
breakfast time
 
novella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,858
I wish that the cover was bigger and not so stretched out, but I'm still very excited and I can't wait to see more! This looks like a very promising issue and there are actual models on the cover! I'm not necessarily a fan of everyone on the cover, but I still think that they all deserve to share the "World's Next Top Models" cover. However, I do agree that this is obviously Anna's opinion and ultimately a subjective one at that.

I won't lie though--I did at "Vogue's favorite models" or "Steven Meisel's bit*hes."

__________________
I need no reason for the first time in my life
I just need to be on my way

 
10-04-2007
  308
V.I.P.
 
sethii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 19,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01

The only credible thing Chanel has done is appeared in TIME magazine's style + design issue. Oh and shes walked in a couple of lower end shows...

what about being a favourite of Teen VOGUE, Benneton campaign, Bottega Veneta campaign. 'Lower end shows'? look at her showlist #924 She did 40 shows.

She may not be in italia vogue every month, but she is not a nobody.

__________________

 
10-04-2007
  309
rising star
 
jollyvixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 182
Why all the hostility toward poor Chanel? I think she's a doll and I'm very glad to see her on this Vogue cover. The "token black" comments are demeaning to such a lovely young woman.

 
10-04-2007
  310
front row
 
breathe.couture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyvixen
Why all the hostility toward poor Chanel? I think she's a doll and I'm very glad to see her on this Vogue cover. The "token black" comments are demeaning to such a lovely young woman.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethii
what about being a favourite of Teen VOGUE, Benneton campaign, Bottega Veneta campaign. 'Lower end shows'? look at her showlist #924 She did 40 shows.

She may not be in italia vogue every month, but she is not a nobody.
ITA again!
Meisel's Bith*es! Better yet, "Anna's Homegirls"? Anna should've posed for the cover too, with the girls posing around her


Last edited by breathe.couture; 10-04-2007 at 12:52 AM.
 
10-04-2007
  311
backstage pass
 
Djavanjmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01
If we're going by that, they should have named it "Vogues favorite models" or "Steven Meisels bit*hes"

 
10-04-2007
  312
one two three
 
static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe.couture
Meisel's Bith*es! Better yet, "Anna's Homegirls"? Anna should've posed for the cover too, with the girls posing around her
We need to find a photoshop expert NOW!! Anna and her Homegirls would be the most priceless thing ever

 
10-04-2007
  313
...
 
Annu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,708
^maybe it would sell better with those headlines

__________________
Things are only impossible until they’re not.
 
10-04-2007
  314
one two three
 
static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,182
My photoshop skills are limited at best, but it just needed to be done...:p

style.com

 
10-04-2007
  315
...
 
Annu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,708
^Great!!

__________________
Things are only impossible until they’re not.
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.