How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-04-2007
tfs star

Chanel and Hilary reppin' for the American models....I don't think the last model cover had any...LOL

08-04-2007
rising star

I would have loved to see Snejana on the cover....but seeing how she is known for her diva-like antics there would have been a fight on that set for sure haha...

08-04-2007
Ítre ton cygne noir

hmm... i don't like these particular models all that much, although i'm happy to see agyness. i would have liked to see freja and anja at least.

but i shouldn't complain, because this is huge for US vogue.

08-04-2007
Be a good one

I am sooo buying this issue!

edit: and good point eccentricity!

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

First of all! Where are Freja, Anya and Mariacarla! Second of what are Gemma and Doutzen doing on there but most important, what's freakin Chanel doing on the cover. How ironic and cynical!

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

Raquel, Doutzen, Lily D, Caroline T, Hilary, Sasha, Stam... i knew these girls would be on the cover. i was a bit surprised to see Coco and Agyness because i thought they were too "new" but then i read "the next supermodels" so... i like the choice of models overall, except for Chanel Iman who is nowhere near any of the other girls in terms of career... Freja should have been in her place !

ETA: gemma's on the cover ? oh my this is not the information i've been given who's wrong in my list then ?

Last edited by taben; 08-04-2007 at 11:13 AM.

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight|
First of all! Where are Freja, Anya and Mariacarla! Second of what are Gemma and Doutzen doing on there but most important, what's freakin Chanel doing on the cover. How ironic and cynical!
Umm, Gemma isn't on the cover...

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight|
Gemma isn't on the cover. Did you mean Sasha? :p

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

maybe he meant stam, she the one that looks like gemma on the tiny pic we've seen

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

I find the cover really disappointing , very boring and the choice is so strange, what Chanel Iman is doing there? Where are Natasha, Freja and Anja?

08-04-2007
God Save McQueen

ok, the same as many of you, i am happy that its a model cover but a lot of it is pissing me off.

first of all, the "next supermodels"? Raquel has been around since 1999! I love her and im glad shes on the cover (she should have been on the main one really) but come on! and caroline, stam, lily have all been around the same amount as daria and gemma who made the last models cover.

the only ones i would really see as new are chanel, coco, and aggy. while i dont personally like chanel as a model, i dont see her lack of experience making her non deserving for the cover. however, i would have much rather seen du, hye, bette, behati, iek, lara, tanya than some of the older girls if it is indeed the "next supermodels".

08-04-2007

Four IMG, three DNA, one Elite, one Marilyn, one Ford...kind of a blow to Women and Next

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

I shouldn't be complaining because this is an AMERICAN magazine, but if they could find place for TWO British and TWO Canadian models AND TWO American models, they could've found a place for one more Slavic model. Geez, they're all over now and yet only Sasha made the cut. Real fair.

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

Oh is it Sasha? The I can understand it somehow. Thanks guys for poiting that out! I'm still wondering what Doutzen and especially Chanel are doing on the cover? I didn't go through the whole thread but where are the Asian models? Han, Hye or Du? How pathetic!

I actually feel quite sorry for Chanel, being picked for the obvious reasons!

Mariacarla, Snejana, Alison, Suvi, Vlada? Where are the women of Women management?

Last edited by |PerfectTonight|; 08-04-2007 at 11:26 AM.

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

I thought Snejena should have made the cover but besides a couple of models, I'm pretty happy with the choice!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world