How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-04-2007
fashion icon

Doutzen, with her L'oreal and Calvin Klein contracts, has to be the most famous of these ten models. I mean to people outside the fashion industry.
I see her on tv every day!

08-04-2007
eat yourself

I didn't read all the pages but I like how we always have so many pages of replies for Vogue US, even when we only have the cover

the cover is nice
it kind of reminds me of the Ralph Lauren ads
I hope the eds are as good as the cover

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ I want to see the eds NOW

I hope we have a monster editorial of all the models like we did in 2004. God I loved that

08-04-2007
fashion icon

I am SO happy I saw this thread before I left for vacation. It made my day! Especially seeing Hilary, Raquel, Coco and Agyness. I will be stalking Barnes & Noble the whole week, since I won't be home to get this in the mail. (If it even arrives this week... the suspense will kill me).

And I'm going to take a moment to applaud myself for predicting in the Cover Rumor thread that Chanel Iman could be on the cover! I don't mind seeing her, really. I hope it helps her career. And even though this cover is boring, I WILL NOT complain. After all, it is a MODEL cover!

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ Impressed that you predicted it! I never saw it coming!

I checked up on my 'prediction' list. I got about 5/10 I really did think Gemma/Daria might repeat!

08-04-2007
User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix*
Chanel is also on a ladder too.
But we all know she won't go as high as doutzen
Maybe she wanted a better view of the front page girls

08-04-2007
army of lovers

Raquel should be on the front cover...and Doutzen got star placement. I'm glad Hilary made it though.

08-04-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA
Maybe she wanted a better view of the front page girls

:p

08-04-2007
congratulations, nerds.

I'm so surprised (in a good way) that Irina isn't on the cover!
I actually agree with all the choices, even the few surprises.

08-04-2007
User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakk
:p
lol that was a really b#*$ comment by me

I LOVE that they used models, but I'm sort of confused by some of their choice, I know some people would say just be happy with the model cover and stop comlaining.. but this IS TFS afterall and what is a messageboard w/o some discussion.

TOTALLY deserve it:
-Jessica Stam, She's been around and strong for so long
-Caroline Trentini, I think she would have had to throw a glass of water in Anna's face in order to NOT be included
-Hilary Rhoda, Return of the American model
-Raquel, She has been around forever, but she really has only exploded into top model status these past 2-3 seasons
- Lily D, has been around for a long time, strong steady stream of work
- Doutzen, CK fragrance, CK TV commercials, this girl has the most mainstream appeal, she is the most "Supermodelish" girl on this cover

I'm suprised Raquel didn't make it onto the front page, maybe they just sort of felt obligated to tack her into the cover because she missed out on 2004. Jessica Stam I'm shocked didn't get Sasha's place.

I Can see how they made the cover:

-Sasha, I personally don't think she's in the same league as the girls I listed above, odd choice to put her dead center in the front page. I would have put her in the fold out. Meisel loves her I guess.
- Coco, agh I think anyone who frequents this board and reads the "models whose appeal you dont' get" knows how I feel about Coco, but you totally can't deny the fact that she has reached a certain level in her career to deserve this mention. Plus Meisel is shooting = Coco gets work. No brainer really.

Odd choice:

- Agnyess, I'm not suprised about her appearance, but I personally dont' think she deserves her spot. She isn't really suprising though because she has been on so many vogue issues already so early in her career
- Chanel, race aside, she just isn't booking the same level of shows, campaigns, eds as the rest of the girls, she is so new also, very confusing choice. Especially since I don't think she's even worked with Meisel before so Vogue must have put the pressure to place her in the cover. Politics.

Where the heck are they?:

- Du Juan, I know her career has slowed down a bit, but I think she deserved a spot.
- Freja, are they serious? I don't particularly care for Freja to be honest but this girl is EVERYWHERE. She even has a new CK campaign on TV and I think last season she opened 1/3 of the shows she was in. I think maybe its because Meisel has never cared too much for Freja and that hurt her in the end, plus she isn't really a US Vogue staple.
- Irina, Meisel loves her and she is a favorite in the fashion crowd. I guess she is becoming too much of a celeb model? I dont' know.. her exclusion doesn't really suprise me, she doesn't really seem to me a US vogue type of girl, but I still would have thought she would warrant a spot.

Last edited by CharlottefromCA; 08-04-2007 at 12:35 PM.

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ I can't say I'm surprised that Stam didn't get Sasha's position. I knew she had a pretty good chance of getting on the cover if Miesel was shooting but....I never thought she would be front and center.

Sigh..I wish she could have made it on the front cover though but still!

08-04-2007
clever ain't wise

This cover is long awaited, and certainly the choice of models is quite quite predictable if you look at the appearances in the last few issues of Vogue. Btw, this is not Chanel's debut - she was in the last issue on one page. Doutzen on top is quite appriproate - she has the Calvin Klein contracts, L'Oreal contracts -she is the very next supermodel. Chanel is clearly now poised for getting big campaigns - and what do we know of what's in the works for her fall campaigns...This is not about who deserves the cover - you don't get what you deserve, you get what you take. She obviously made a good impression on someone.

Don't be surprised Anja, Natasha or Freja aren't in there. Have they been in Vogue in the last year? If not they don't have much of a chance. They wanted a mix of newnew ones and fairly new ones, already established stars and muses. As I recall Anja hasn't really been in Vogue ever...if there was one that stood out as a little surprising it is Stam, I thought perhaps Anna Wintour's principles would exclude her - but I guess the pendulum has swung. I'm quite happy to see Stam there, though, although she's only had a very-back-of-the-book appearance before, right?

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 08-04-2007 at 01:04 PM.

08-04-2007
trendsetter

do you remember where you found the cover on style.com?

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
This cover is long awaited, and certainly the choice of models is quite quite predictable if you look at the appearances in the last few issues of Vogue. Btw, this is not Chanel's debut - she was in the last issue on one page. Doutzen on top is quite appriproate - she has the Calvin Klein contracts, L'Oreal contracts -she is the very next supermodel. Chanel is clearly now poised for getting big campaigns - and what do we know of what's in the works for her fall campaigns...

Don't be surprised Anja, Natasha or Freja aren't in there. Have they been in Vogue in the last year? If not they don't have a chance. As I recall Anja hasn't really been in Vogue ever...if there was one that stood out as a little surprising it is Stam, I thought perhaps Anna Wintour's principles would exclude her - but I guess the pendulum has swung. I'm quite happy to see Stam there, though, although she's only had a very-back-of-the-book appearance before, right?
Yep! March vogue 2007!

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
This cover is long awaited, and certainly the choice of models is quite quite predictable if you look at the appearances in the last few issues of Vogue. Btw, this is not Chanel's debut - she was in the last issue on one page. Doutzen on top is quite appriproate - she has the Calvin Klein contracts, L'Oreal contracts -she is the very next supermodel. Chanel is clearly now poised for getting big campaigns - and what do we know of what's in the works for her fall campaigns...

Don't be surprised Anja, Natasha or Freja aren't in there. Have they been in Vogue in the last year? If not they don't have a chance. As I recall Anja hasn't really been in Vogue ever...if there was one that stood out as a little surprising it is Stam, I thought perhaps Anna Wintour's principles would exclude her - but I guess the pendulum has swung. I'm quite happy to see Stam there, though, although she's only had a very-back-of-the-book appearance before, right?
I believe Stam has had 3 US Vogue editorials. One was shot by Steven Miesel in 2004 and featured her alongside Heather Marks and Karen Elson. (All 3 had red hair) The other one was in January 2005 and was a group editorial with about 8 or 9 other models showing the looks from a few collections. The most recent one was in last months (or the month before's) index pages and they mentioned her by name.

Last edited by jssy4eva; 08-04-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world