How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ She's also had these multiple little small featurettes like these:

jessica-stam-fan.co.nr (though credit to the original scanners)

08-04-2007
clever ain't wise

OMG You guys are in the know

08-04-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
[...]
Don't be surprised Anja, Natasha or Freja aren't in there. Have they been in Vogue in the last year? If not they don't have much of a chance. They wanted a mix of newnew ones and fairly new ones, already established stars and muses. As I recall Anja hasn't really been in Vogue ever...if there was one that stood out as a little surprising it is Stam, I thought perhaps Anna Wintour's principles would exclude her - but I guess the pendulum has swung. I'm quite happy to see Stam there, though, although she's only had a very-back-of-the-book appearance before, right?
You're right about Anja. She has never been featured in Vogue US, although she's popular with other editions, e.g. British, Japanese or Italian. Still, I was hoping that with the huge Estee Lauder contract she signed recently she may get her chance. Well, it seems Anna W. doesn't get her appeal...

08-04-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamar
You're right about Anja. She has never been featured in Vogue US, although she's popular with other editions, e.g. British, Japanese or Italian. Still, I was hoping that with the huge Estee Lauder contract she signed recently she may get her chance. Well, it seems Anna W. doesn't get her appeal...
Good point - it's a clear stance of Calvin Klein and L'Oreal over Estee Lauder in that sense. Estee Lauder girls are known to do well - but there are other strange things about Anja - such as her lack of appearance at VS - not what you'd expect. Really, her carreer stands out as strange. I thought Valentina had a chance since she also appeared in the last issue of Vogue - and she has her massive Ralph Lauren deal.

08-04-2007
fashion insider

Ah, we just all LOVE complaining don't we? I'm quite happy about this cover. Obviously some models should have had the chance to be on the cover like Du, Snejana, Irina, Hye, Anja, etc, but hey, ten is hard to choose.

I wonder how this will appeal to the wider Vogue readers. We here are all estatic about this models cover, but the average person might be thinking "who the hell are these girls? This one is so weird looking (Coco) and the other one, she needs to tweeze her brows (Hilary)." :p Haha, ok, it won't be as bad as that.

08-04-2007

^If you want a vague idea of that:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../11756182.html

A lot of the commenters are model followers, but there are some who're not Just keep in mind that ONTD is pretty much no-holds-barred...

Last edited by Faith Akiyama; 08-04-2007 at 01:30 PM.

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

The mag doesn't come out for another two weeks, apparently. Come on!
Maybe we weren't supposed to know it yet.

08-04-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandinha
The mag doesn't come out for another two weeks, apparently. Come on!
Maybe we weren't supposed to know it yet.
Haha very true. I can see there being a lot more speculation
i wonder if this will be another jennifer hudson for vogue thread

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

Yes, and in the final verson they will decide that pleasing us is not worthy after all, and then we will all have a Halle Berry cover.

08-04-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
A lot of the commenters are model followers, but there are some who're not Just keep in mind that ONTD is pretty much no-holds-barred...
I see what you mean... Well, we are complainers but at least we aren't haters like the ONTD bunch!

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandinha
Yes, and in the final verson they will decide that pleasing us is not worthy after all, and then we will all have a Halle Berry cover.
Watch that happen :p

As a model lover, I'll probably be framing this cover

08-04-2007
tfs star

I'm not a fan of the foldout covers because inevitably whoever is on the inside gets slighted. Does it really count as a cover if you arent visible from the newstand?

While this September 2004 cover was nice. They could have just had a single cover with the 3 girls on the front so I didn't have to wonder why Liya wasn't placed on the front to break up the homogeny.

this pic was taken from another TFS thread and did not have a source.

The May 1996 cover was an example of a poor editorial decision using a foldout cover. Niki Taylor appears on the front cover. On the back foldout is Naomi Campbell (I could not find a picture of Naomi's photo). Why have a back foldout of just one model? Especially of Naomi who had paid her dues in comparison to Niki at the time. The black community was offended and Naomi admitted to being hurt by the slight.

www.paperpursuits.com

Last edited by Madhuri; 08-04-2007 at 01:48 PM.

08-04-2007
V.I.P.

I still have my September 04 one in great condition. It's so gorgeous (I actually prefer that one, it was more creative).
But maybe Stam could autograph yours like "from Stam to Stammy Queen"

08-04-2007
front row

This is awesome, so awesome. I don't usually like US Vogue but for issues like these I MUST have them!

08-04-2007
VSFS 2009!

^ Oh, I would love that

I have my Sept 04 in good condition too. I was just getting into fashion then but I think something about that cover made me keep it in a safebox Probably because before Stam, I was completely and utter in love with Natalia Vodianova.

I'll probably buy multiple copies of this. One to rip up for my editorial folders and the other one to treasure for as long as I shall live

Edit: This is a reply to Panditha

Last edited by TheGlassAngel; 08-04-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, meisel, models, steven, vogue, world