US Vogue May 2009 : Faces of the Moment by Steven Meisel - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2009
fashion insider

Besides the models the dresses on the models are so pretty! Jourdan and Caroline's are my favorite.

12-04-2009
V.I.P.

^I didn't even pay attention to the dresses.

12-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
Lara looks gorgeous, but that doesn't explain why she's on there.

Imo, she's not even a face of the moment. Why is she considered one? Cause of that whole french vogue issue dedicated to her?

She barely walked any shows this season!
15 to be exact.....
Oh, don't get me started

Lara is the face of the moment because she consistently works for all of the best photographers, magazines, and designers.
And i love how you're acting like an entire issue of Vogue Paris is something to sneeze at. Have you noticed that Kate Moss is the only other model to have that honor?

As for her 15 shows, if you took the time to look a bit more into the topic, you would have noticed that she was only willing to walk one show per day, and she even said that she only walks for the people she likes. At this point in her career, she doesn't even need to do runway.

jk
livejournal

12-04-2009
fashion insider

^ hahahaha

12-04-2009
V.I.P.

As much as I love seeing models on US Vogue again, I think they should have had newer models on the cover.

12-04-2009
teenage dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childkid View Post
Oh, don't get me started

Lara is the face of the moment because she consistently works for all of the best photographers, magazines, and designers.
And i love how you're acting like an entire issue of Vogue Paris is something to sneeze at. Have you noticed that Kate Moss is the only other model to have that honor?

As for her 15 shows, if you took the time to look a bit more into the topic, you would have noticed that she was only willing to walk one show per day, and she even said that she only walks for the people she likes. At this point in her career, she doesn't even need to do runway.

jk
livejournal
liya did as well. but yeah ia. i don't even get the hate lara looks the best to me here.

fashion insider

Quote:
^I didn't even pay attention to the dresses.

Yeah, we're all to busy staring at the miracle that is models on the cover of US Vogue to notice the dresses.

12-04-2009
V.I.P.

^^^^^^^

12-04-2009
rising star

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA
very true!

Last edited by FELNWER; 12-04-2009 at 10:23 PM.
12-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childkid View Post
Oh, don't get me started

Bravo.

Now your a true Lara fan.

12-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Bravo.

Now your a true Lara fan.

you're

12-04-2009
front row

I am just happy that it is finally a model cover but other than that... meh. They are all very beautiful though. I honestly dont feel the "US Vogue is the arbiter of who is really the supermodel" because they chose these girls out of all the girls that VI, VP and Vogue UK have been pushing. I just feel that Vogue US is so dated and 2 years too late. Better late than never I guess.

For some reason I think that Anna Wintour just grudgingly used Lara and Natasha, them being not the typical patrician looking girls just because they are both too big in the biz to ignore. Funny how they had to tone down their signature fierce poses.

Last edited by yalil; 12-04-2009 at 10:29 PM.
12-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvetteispeace View Post
you're
Thanks.

12-04-2009
fashion icon

I very like the Cover..

12-04-2009
less is more

It looks like lara and jordan (and maybe natalia) are wearing the final 3 rodarte ss09 dresses that I absolutely adore. it's great for the rodarte girls that they have another us vogue cover, even if you can barely see those lovely, dreamy dresses.

'

nymag.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, faces, meisel, moment, steven, vogue