How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2013
backstage pass

What a disaster

13-04-2013
you soft and only

I'm going to try and keep an open mind until we see a better version of the cover, but it's not looking good.

13-04-2013
front row

I usually like us vogue covers bc they're always very classic and the stylings always great, but this truly is the worst cover I have seen from any magazine in quite some time.

13-04-2013
fashion insider

you have to remember that the early images we get are usually really off in terms of saturation and colour. this will, im hoping, look less harsh in real life. the last vogue carey was on was one of the best of the year so hopefully the trend will carry on ... johnathan van meter as a punk sounds interesting to say the least

front row

OMG, that lime-green is killing me!!! And what's with all the text?? Not the best cover for May.

███████████████

The facial expresion is a dissaster

13-04-2013
front row

They should remove the Australia from the Vogue Australia May 2013 issue and just sell that as the Vogue US May 2013 issue too. The Great Gatsby reference is so blatant, as opposed to Vogue Australia's cover, which was more subtle.

13-04-2013
trendsetter

Cartoon vibe ...So funny.

13-04-2013
V.I.P.

Oh, what a letdown
My biggest problem with this cover is the color scheme, the dress and masthead' s colors makes it look so "sad". Carey's expression and pose are not helping either. I like the excesive jewellery though...

14-04-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Back in 2012 (when the Gatsby movie was to come out in December 12) she was photographed by Leibovitz and set to have the December cover; it looks like they possibly redid the shoot or added onto - she's wearing Oscar de la Renta FW13 here. This sort of looks like a Testino photo?

14-04-2013
tfs star

Oh this is a disaster!

14-04-2013
windowshopping

Well if its shoot by testino, thasts explaing all !! so lazy....i wish it was photographed by Leibovitz. shes great for opulent and rich themes like Gatsby. i hope we can see those pics in the editorial. Just stop with testino !!!!!

14-04-2013
V.I.P.

I'm appalled by this mess. That lime-green dress is repulsive and that cleavage is so far from attractive I just don't get the point of putting her into a dress like that. Carey generally doesn't photograph that nicely, in my opinion. Hair, make-up and styling are really bad here and the lighting looks strange, the composition is weird and there is too much text. Karlie's Vogue Australia cover would have made a much better cover for this issue, they got the Gatsby theme right. This is just so bad. I kind of wish US Vogue would just let Mert & Marcus shoot all their covers, their covers have been their only nice covers in the last few years. The Testino and Leibovitz covers are horrifyingly unattractive 90% of the time.

14-04-2013
front row

Looks really bad! Hahahaha

14-04-2013
MON
V.I.P.

The only issue I have here is with the hair. What in earth is happening here! It would've been beautiful if they used we natural hair but no... They had to promote her gatsby look. Well, that's what the cover is for... Promotion, but they could've done it in a better way. When Vogue comes out with bad covers, I actually try to be positive by waiting for the editorial to judge but this one... I don't even dare to look at the main Ed. Testimo needs a new vision
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, carey, mario, mulligan, testino, vogue