How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2010
V.I.P.

Hate that stupid hat in her editorial, but I actually like the cover. I think it's the nicest I've seen her photograph. Good styling on the cover also.

08-09-2010
trendsetter

The Talented Miss Mulligan
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Hair: Didier Malige
Makeup: Stéphane Marais
Production design:Tom Bewermeier

vogue.com

08-09-2010
V.I.P.

Chanel haute couture on the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P.

it's difficult to be objective with this cover when you dislike the model so much. i just feel like wiping that smirk off her face.

fashion icon

If Anna was going to go with a barely known up-and-coming actress Jennifer Lawrence might have been a better choice. At least Jennifer is photogenic.

08-09-2010
tfs star

I actually like the cover and the black and white picture of her is stunning. Not of a big fan of the rest of her editorial.

When in doubt, wear red.

Very fresh cover, but the ed is a bit boring.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Do we even know that she's a great actress? I mean sure, she was good in An Education but what else has she done that's notable. I have a feeling she's going to be a one-hit-wonder as an actress.
Not at all! Just look at her recent film work (she has done acclaimed stuff before this). She's more talented and interesting than most people who get on the cover. Who wants to read about Barbies Jessica Biel and Blake Lively?

2009:
The Greatest
with Susan Sarandon
An Education (won many awards)
Brothers with Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal
Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Marion Cottilard
Wall Street 2 with Michael Douglas and Shia Lebouf
Never Let Me Go with Keira Knightley (very positive reviews)
+ lots of great things coming up.

Last edited by sethii; 08-09-2010 at 07:50 AM.
08-09-2010
I don't know

^thank you!

She's so versatile also, and very low-key which we don't get with a lot of people nowadays. She's not very high on publicity, the reason she is on Vogue isn't because her team is working their asses off, it's because Anna has been on her *** ever since An Education came out.

I love that she's not attention hungry and instead just focusing on her career, such a refreshing change.

and to the person who mentioned Jennifer Lawrence, I would love to see her on a cover, word has it she's a shoe-in for the leading actress category.

08-09-2010
V.I.P.

halo, October is Comming, not April... well, I hate this springy style for October

V.I.P.

These pictures are much better than the initial pictures - at first I thought that Lindbergh got the B&W money shot and then went off to get drunk leaving the manicurist to finish the shoot. But still why did they use that hat so much(?), once or twice is OK but that is overkill. For the most part the frocks are being showcased well, the blue flowered dress is shapeless and the bow-tied pink belt on the red jacket looks off, nevertheless if I were a designer I would be happy with the way that my clothes were showcased.

ETA:
This is a good contrast to Halle's ed last month. US Vogue is not without fault but I like that you can see these differences month to month, if this were VI it would be another 20 page edgy, sepia-toned extravaganza.

Last edited by agee; 08-09-2010 at 09:00 AM.
08-09-2010
don't look down

Speaking generally, from the comments I've noticed across the forum about certain covers looking very spring-like - the sun still comes out at this time of year, flowers are still in full bloom, and there's no rule saying the colour pink has to be put away once the calendar hits September 1.

I love autumn more than any other season, but even I don't necessarily want to see a riot of orange or a re-enactment of Hallowe'en on every October cover. And I can see the sense in selling readers an extension of a sunny, light feeling, the optimism of good times, good weather. A lot of people don't want to be reminded that the colder, darker days are on their way, so magazines are doing the job of offering the escapism of a world where the sun continues to shine and people still have the money to buy all this stuff.

Or being fancy about it - this insistence on a feeling of "spring" is weather being used as an economic metaphor in a wishful thinking, let's-pretend-we-can-still-spend way, even though the rainy days of saving legend have definitely arrived - just not on the cover of Vogue.

rising star

She looks better than that in real life....
and she seems to be very uncomfortable in the shot.

backstage pass

I dislike the excessive praise and buzz surrounding Carey, but she is charming enough and is at least another new face on Vogue. But after watching the behind the scenes video on style.com I wish they hadn't brought couture down to earth. I don't think it's asking too much to have one full-fledged fantasy editorial a year.

08-09-2010
backstage pass

i actually like her ed,and the cover is nice too,the colors are a bit tacky,but i think this is going to be a nice issue!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, carey, lindbergh, mulligan, october, peter, vogue