US Vogue September 2011 : Kate Moss by Mario Testino - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-08-2011
V.I.P.

So stunning. At first I was disappointed for like a second that she wasn't in her wedding dress on the cover but then the picture is so beautiful.

Love the pic of her with the bridesmaids. I hope all these pics are in the issue. I can't wait to get it.

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
You know, I must be the only person in the world who has no interest in this wedding.
Not at all. There's two of us it seems.

11-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Not at all. There's two of us it seems.
Make it the three of us.

The cover is gorgeous, but the editorial content doesn't interest me greatly. Maybe it could be because we've already seen pictures of her wedding, and these look more or less the same.

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think Testino successfully captured the spirit of the wedding. Shots of the cake and the guests standing around talking? Really, that's the best he could do? I know there was way more action at Kate's wedding than that!

and a triple BOO for not showing Alison!

11-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
This may be a wild guess but I think it's at least 758 pages thick.

ahh an I believe the 70 percents of the pages will be the ads lol, just like last year september issue

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Make it the three of us.
Now there's four.

I think the cover looks great, if a tad unrealistic since Kate hasn't looked that good in about 15 years now. But I'm happy to see a model on the cover. But the ed and the story about the wedding and the whole thing is just so tacky and obnoxious to me. If this was anybody else's wedding, people here would be crucifying Vogue for dedicating an issue to it, but since it's Kate, nobody cares.

Again, I do think the cover is great and I'm happy to see a model on the cover.

BTW, is anybody else bothered by that sloppy cut job on her forehead/hairline over the letter G?

V.I.P.

^ for sure, I mean, it's the biggest issue of the year for them. this will SELL... ok?

windowshopping

Omg.
This made my long day at work worth it. I can't wait to pick it up at a newsstand first chance I get! <3

tfs star

Like I said before, Vogue is a fashion magazine, not a wedding album.

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmodels View Post
This made my long day at work worth it. I can't wait to pick it up at a newsstand first chance I get! <3
sure, same for me.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Now there's four.

I think the cover looks great, if a tad unrealistic since Kate hasn't looked that good in about 15 years now. But I'm happy to see a model on the cover. But the ed and the story about the wedding and the whole thing is just so tacky and obnoxious to me. If this was anybody else's wedding, people here would be crucifying Vogue for dedicating an issue to it, but since it's Kate, nobody cares.
Yes, her face was photoshopped beyond recognition. When Christy Turlington was on the cover of Vogue Italia last year, some TFS members made mention of the "photoshopping". Whereas with this cover, since Kate is a TFS favorite, she gets a free pass.

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

I imagine just as many people here like Christy in all fairness. But I think perhaps it's just a total given that Kate is going to be Photoshopped to hell wherever she appears, where as it wasn't so much a given with Christy. Kate might still be an in demand model but I think it's fair to say time has effected her more than other models her age, more than likely due to her lifestyle.

Last edited by honeycombchild; 11-08-2011 at 05:54 PM.
11-08-2011
V.I.P.

imo she´s not overly photoshoped, you can tell without doubt that she´s Kate. Let´s face it, there´s not a single cover, ed or ad that it´s not photoshoped...

I doubt that the pics of people standing around are part of the ed, those are pics from vogue.com, not scans of the actual mag. Let´s wait and see what they printed...

11-08-2011
backstage pass

I don't care for the wedding itself either, but I will say those photos are simply stunning.

11-08-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
imo she´s not overly photoshoped, you can tell without doubt that she´s Kate. Let´s face it, there´s not a single cover, ed or ad that it´s not photoshoped...

I doubt that the pics of people standing around are part of the ed, those are pics from vogue.com, not scans of the actual mag. Let´s wait and see what they printed...
I was going to give you karma for this, but I guess I have to spread it around. But you took the words right out of my mouth.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, kate, mario, moss, september, testino, vogue