How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-08-2012
Mag Master

Blake Lively on Gucci Premiere

facebook/BlakeChristinaLivelyFanpage

10-08-2012
V.I.P.

the Meisel ed is probably in W

10-08-2012
backstage pass

I'm not surprise by Meisel not being featured. I've said for the longest that I think Anna & Meisel aren't on the best of terms anymore.

10-08-2012
windowshopping

I am not in love with the cover to tell the truth but I hope the eds will be great and of course I don't really care for the cover since this is the biggest issue of the year, that matters the material and not the cover! Even though I would like a better cover haha.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIVENCHYlover View Post
14 pages for Steven Klein, the best photographer!
Damn right! His is the only ed I really anticipate. An all-black atmospheric ed with Karen and him is destined to produce stunning pictures.

When in doubt, wear red.

I feel like this cover is a great summary of Gaga's career when you compare it with her first one. Gaga's first album was unexpectedly good, great eve, quite fresh and unpretentious. So was her first Vogue cover. It was bold and different from what we usually see from Vogue but perfectly executed and very true to what she seemed to be. This one , like BTW and everything she does now , isn't completely bad but it's so try-hard at being edgy that it falls flat. I feel the same for the editorial yet I appreciate that they're willing to push the enveloppe. BTW kudos to Mert & Marcus, even with the heavy photoshop these guys are really a breath of frest air for Vogue.
If I were Anna, and wanted to go for something BIG and different I would've used the naked shot with the big pink hat as a cover. Now that's a something !!

I'll buy the issue because of all the pages ( I'm still mad at myself for not being the HUGE one with Sienna on the cover). Also the contents sound pretty good. Mostly excited for Steven Klein. However I'm really pissed about the absence of Steven Meisel. 125 years Celebration without him ?? Come on Anna !!! And for the record, even if his work for VI isn't always good, he never fails to impress for US Vogue.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Another September issue I will NOT be buying.
agree!!! so many september issues that i won't be buying...so upsetting

10-08-2012
V.I.P.

I can't believe than Meisel don't appear on this issue, this is one of the most boring issues ever, anyway look forward on the Stella & Lindbergh's eds.

tfs star

dreadful cover [just...beyond overexposed], but Steven Klein and Peter Lindbergh's eds are enough to get it

backstage pass

I'm not sure how I feel about the cover (mostly because gaga is one of my least favorite people ever) but the content sounds pretty good. Haven't bought an issue of US Vogue in a long time, might have to buy this one.

rising star

Tbh why is Lady Gaga on the cover?

10-08-2012
fashion icon

The review of the issue sounds really promising. I'm particularly looking forward to The Custom Of The Country and The Vogue 120 because they sound really lovely and have a few of my favorite stars in them (Jennifer Lawrence, Juno Temple, and Emilia Clarke). Plus as someone who loves literature I always appreciate an editorial inspired by stories or their authors.

barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
I feel like this cover is a great summary of Gaga's career when you compare it with her first one. Gaga's first album was unexpectedly good, great eve, quite fresh and unpretentious. So was her first Vogue cover. It was bold and different from what we usually see from Vogue but perfectly executed and very true to what she seemed to be. This one , like BTW and everything she does now , isn't completely bad but it's so try-hard at being edgy that it falls flat. I feel the same for the editorial yet I appreciate that they're willing to push the enveloppe. BTW kudos to Mert & Marcus, even with the heavy photoshop these guys are really a breath of frest air for Vogue.
If I were Anna, and wanted to go for something BIG and different I would've used the naked shot with the big pink hat as a cover. Now that's a something !!

I'll buy the issue because of all the pages ( I'm still mad at myself for not being the HUGE one with Sienna on the cover). Also the contents sound pretty good. Mostly excited for Steven Klein. However I'm really pissed about the absence of Steven Meisel. 125 years Celebration without him ?? Come on Anna !!! And for the record, even if his work for VI isn't always good, he never fails to impress for US Vogue.
I'm wondering though, in what way is this trying to be edgy? It's not edgy, it doesn't resemble edgy, and in fact, with all of the comparisons that can be made between this image of a dramatic dress on a statuesque figure with a heavily made up face and Vogue's heyday in the midcentury, the whole thing actually comes off as quite classic in many ways.

I'm not attacking you, mind you, I'm just wondering what about the cover makes you assume this was trying to be edgy in any way. To me, more than anything, it's just a slightly camp take on high fashion, nothing more. For her, honestly, it's quite tame and pretty straightforward. Just not really seeing how this illustrates the difference between Gaga pre-BTW and post since, to me, this doesn't seem like it was designed to be all that weird or edgy or crazy.

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

Moderators' Note

This thread has been restored. The copyright issue with the phptographers, Mert & Marcu, has been clarified. They only wanted one photoshopped image remvoved, since it iwas a change made to their work. Feel free to post unaltered images from Mert & Marcus.

12-08-2012
fashion elite

facebook/marcjacobsintl

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alas, gaga, lady, marcus, mert, piggott, september, vogue