How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2012
V.I.P.

I think it's a great cover and I love the red banner, it would have been boring without it tbh.
It's one on the most daring covers of Vogue US in recent years.

Can't wait for the content!

09-08-2012
front row

I like this, at least its different and not shot by Testino!

Can't wait to see whats inside.

backstage pass

Now, Mert and Marcus shot 4 for Vogue US by far, whereas all of them are blank and dreadful, IMO. I quite like Testino's work, the bokeh always be captured perfectly in most of all.

09-08-2012
fashion insider

I'm not a Gaga fan in the slightest, but I actually adore this cover and find it to be very striking. It's something different to what you would usually see on the newsstands and I appreciate that. I can see what they were going for, and I definitely think they pulled it off!

Kudos to all involved

V.I.P.

I like this new direction...awful but at least it's not the same boring cover, month after month.

hate gaga, though

fashion icon

So awful. I'm not entering this topic anymore.

09-08-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxx View Post
I expected worse, this one turned out nice! I love the fact that she doesn';t wear any hideous wigs
Isn't this thing on her head a wig?

09-08-2012
backstage pass

i really admire how they have for once have taken a "risk" and done a full body portrait. I quite like how the shape of her body is quite distinctive in the dress, with the high waist and the big hips. Also i actually dont mind the red banner, it add's what i feel an almost patrotic element to the cover. Also i can not wait to get my hands on 916 pages, it is going to huge!

backstage pass

Does anybody know the release date for the uk?

V.I.P.

Very unexpected cover from them, i mean when was the last time they had a cover with this background? Or a similar plain one? Cant remember!

But it works so well with this image, Even the red ribbon doesn't bother me, i love everything about this, the dress, the fact its a full length shot and you can see it! Always appreciate that, and i think her face looks fantastic.

Now i hope we get a word on the contents soon, sounds like it could be a nice anniversary issue.

09-08-2012
front row

i love the red banner. heck! i even like gaga here and that's saying something since i loathe her.

09-08-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

I'll just buy it for the sake of owning an issue that has so many pages

I am really over her in general, therefore I was quite disappointed when I found out she was going to be on the cover of the september issue. The result is underwhelming and a bit bland. While I applaud Anna Wintour for sightly stepping out of her comfort zone, I do not like the picture as a whole and don't really think it was cover worthy. To me, it looks like some outtake that a fan would have transformed into a cover... Then again, I may be biased and my opinion regarding that photo in particular may be tainted by the fact that I am so over the general "fakeness" she exudes.

fashion elite

WOW such a shock lol! Such an impressive cover, I like the red flag inside the Vogue's masthead, I mean come on y'all, it's their 120 years' anniversary!!! Obviously they had to do something special, grand and emblematic that looked rich and historic and iconic = a.k.a music superstar Lady Gaga. Now, I agree that there's a lot of white on the cover, I'm not too fan of the candy-shaped dress either or her hairstyle or the pose with the hidden arm for that matter but somehow, as weird as it looks it's an impressive landmark cover, 120 YEARS OMG! I wish that Meisel or Demarchelier would have shot the cover, because they're the great remaining old-school photographers where Mert and Marcus are the young/hip duo that go wayyyyy too much to Photoshop to make their images pop. I would have loved to see something supermodel-esque for the 120 years like Vogue Italia did for their 30 years' anniversary issue but Anna is so obsessed with celebrities and so are the U.S.A so I guess we couldn't have supermodels whatsoever; anyway excited to see the contents and who they have decided to feature for this breathtaking issue.

V.I.P.

Its definitely very different for Vogue but her facial expression still scares me and hate the red banner, my fav thing about it is the Marc Jacobs dress

09-08-2012
V.I.P.

I really like this. Very different for Vogue but it works for me. Gaga looks really elegant and I love the shape of the dress. 916 pages? I can't wait for all the editorials!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alas, gaga, lady, marcus, mert, piggott, september, vogue