How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2012
backstage pass

the flag or whatever that is is just weird... it looks like an amateur did it, i don't like it. what i like is the silhouette of the dress, however! and as much as i dislike gaga, it could have been much worse... hope the content is better

09-08-2012
tfs star

I don't like Lady Gaga at all, but I think this is a glorious cover except the red banner!
She looks stunning and beautiful (for a change)...Anna did take some risks and the result is great!

V.I.P.

It's different, so props for that. I agree that she looks a bit drag, but that's Gaga.

09-08-2012
tfs star

The red flag ruins what would've been a good cover - not great. There's also lots of empty space within the text that makes one think the mag will fall flat content-wise. On the other hand I do love the shape of the dress and her hair.

V.I.P.

I want to like this more than I do. Were they trying to channel the illustration effect from yesteryear(?), if so it is not quite there. The image is OK, normally I like crazy hair but the Heatmiser look is not working for me; also Gaga looks too wan, I would rather see her looking powerful or kitschy.

If I had to guess I think that the issue is that the tail is wagging the dog… it looks to me like TPTB figured they got Gaga for the cover and it will sell and garner attention, so their real intention became to either be different for the sake of being different, and perhaps they wanted to draw attention to the text for the portion of the market that are not drawn in by Gaga.

I am not against the banner being threaded through the letters in theory but I don’t get why it red and why it is going on here.

I really like the nude image of Gaga in the hat and wonder if that would have work as a cover.

09-08-2012
V.I.P.

Poor taste. It looks fun but is really silly too. I hope Grace and Mert & Marcus are having fun. They shouldn't be so serious doing this in 2012.

trendsetter

Horrible cover altogether but I can't wait to get my hands on it! Who knows it might even look better in person? Fingers crossed.

09-08-2012
V.I.P.

Like the concept, like the styling, don't like Lady Gaga.

fashion elite

Don't like hair, make-up and this ugly dress
Horrible cover ever.

09-08-2012
backstage pass

ugh no, not lady gaga again...and I hate her hair

09-08-2012
fashion icon

Oh wow, it's very beautiful and different. I'm glad they made this issue standout.

09-08-2012
front row

I think this is great! Love the Mert & Marcus signature of the coloration and a full body shot on Vogue (that isn't Olympians?) - great!

Gaga looks quite pretty in the cover too. Cannot wait to pick/air-lift this up!

trendsetter

okay, here's a better quality pic from vogue without the purple hue on her face. And the dress looks much more magenta than it did in the photo Gaga shared.

vogue.tumblr.com

also, it's $5.99..... isn't it usually $3.99? Oh well... at 916 pages it's worth it.

Last edited by Psylocke; 09-08-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: clickable link as source
09-08-2012
I don't know

Please don't post other people's opinions here, and if you have to, make sure it's from a reputable source. This place if for tFSers to share their opinions on the magazine.

09-08-2012
backstage pass

a very, very, bad, bad cover, Gaga !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alas, gaga, lady, marcus, mert, piggott, september, vogue