US Vogue Special Edition It Girl Style Fall 2016 : Gigi Hadid by Gregory Harris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

US Vogue Special Edition It Girl Style Fall 2016 : Gigi Hadid by Gregory Harris

Snapped by HandbagQueen

11-10-2016
tfs star

Why do they need these Special editions covers with models who have already been on the cover? First Kendall, now Gigi.. I wish they could give this chance to some new faces or one of their favourites like Imaan.
By the way, the shot is not bad but this cover feels very unnecessary to me.

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

I don´t know what to say at this point with US Vogue and their clear obsession with gaining 15 year-olds as readers. They already had Gigi and Kendall on their separate covers and Kendall has had her special cover too and now it´s Gigi. Now I came to understand and appreciate Gigi as a model and to respect her and I do see talent and skills in her, although she is obnoxious at times but this is overkill and the image is bad and the layout and logo is soooo cringe worthy. Bad. Next please! Anna STOP NOW with instagirls come onnnnn!

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

^ Exactly! I don't understand these special editions either! You are after teenagers but will they shell out almost 13 dollars for such a thin issue? Why?!

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

Either give Kendull and Gigi covers or don't, why make so many "special" editions?

11-10-2016
scenester

They already have a 'Teen' Vogue, why do they feel the need to do this?

11-10-2016
MON
V.I.P.

Very unnecessary.
Stunning photo though. Wish this were her actual cover

11-10-2016
scenester

It's like they want to go back to give covers to models but are too afraid it won't sell if they do it often so they make these special editions. I get the idea, but there are more than just two fashion models in the industry, lol. At this point, Karlie Kloss could totally hold a Vogue US cover on her own

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

Certainly don't mind the sight of Gigi Hadid and that's a nice cover, but I'm also tired of these worthless special editions of US Vogue.

V.I.P.

I feel like this image is far better than her actual Vogue cover, then again, so was Kendall's. Not too phased about these special editions because I simply don't buy them. The price points are normally akin to daylight robbery. I imagine this one will also only be released in the US?

I do find it comical that Vogue decided to lump Kendall, Cara & Gigi with those other It-girls who luckily have solid careers or at least something to fall back on. Quite a passive-aggressive move from Anna. As it is this 'it-girl' term is not really a compliment for anyone. It basically means that their hype is frivolous, and bound to be short-lived. As if they don't have to work hard enough to dispel this myth. Maybe it's time Kendall and Gigi should decide whether they want to be models or socialites. These two are NOT the same, sorry.

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

All it means it that the covers of Kendall and Gigi must have sold so well, they are trying to make a few more dollars LOL. This is actually better than Gigi's original cover... the pose is better... but too much photoshop on her face...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
11-10-2016
fashion insider

Doesn't this exist already under the name Teen Vogue? What is their obsession with these teeny boppers? We get it, they're old as rocks at Vogue but this just reeks of Madonna level desperation. Honestly, if a woman in her mid thirties would take over like Anna did back in the eighties I doubt her idea of keeping the magazine current would be this. Someone just out of their 20's is not so enamored this phase. They're more likely to be happy to finally be making decent money. Only the Anna's and Grayson's are nostalgic about their teens/20s because they are so far removed from them.

Last edited by A.D.C.; 11-10-2016 at 04:20 PM.
11-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
All it means it that the covers of Kendall and Gigi must have sold so well, they are trying to make a few more dollars LOL. This is actually better than Gigi's original cover... the pose is better... but too much photoshop on her face...
I think that could be true, but don't forget that Wintour is the only EIC who if she adores you, she will give covers even when you bomb spectacularly!

That said, i do hope we get Sept issue sale numbers released this year, because that issue was sold out where i usually buy, and it really doesn't happen often! Makes me wonder if Kendall really did well for them!

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.C. View Post
Doesn't this exist already under the name Teen Vogue?
Well, not quite. Maybe this is US Vogue's attempt to tap into the millennial or 25-35 age market, like Vogue China did with Me! Because apparently people from this group feel too old for TeenVogue, and too young for Vogue Vogue.

11-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Well, not quite. Maybe this is US Vogue's attempt to tap into the millennial or 25-35 age market, like Vogue China did with Me! Because apparently people from this group feel too old for TeenVogue, and too young for Vogue Vogue.
You can even broaden that age group from 20-40 years old. This is a tough group for marketing because the world has changed so much. It is also very important to reach them because of they have the spending money LOL.

I just hope this opens door for more models in the future people like Karlie Kloss, Joan smalls (with a push from Estee Lauder), Anna Ewers would benefit if #Kengi hit it out of the park for American Vogue in terms of sales.

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

Last edited by Zposen; 11-10-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, edition, fall, gigi, girl, greg, gregory, hadid, harris, special, style, vogue