How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
What's with the Lena hate? She's a clever, funny and widely talented young woman doing her thing. I much prefer an interesting person being featured than some random pretty actress.
She's an elitist, ignorant, special snowflake who's "empowering" to cis, white, rich, college-educated girls whose success comes from their daddies' money or names.
Furthermore, she hasn't included people of colour in a show about freaking NYC, one of the most culturally and racially diverse cities in America/world. Her excuse "well I don't know how to write about the minority experience / POC" is a lame one because nothing's stopped her from hiring people who know how to do so. Plus whenever she's further asked about this issue, she basically tells people to f*** off.
[/end rant]
Sorry about that.

Last edited by Morphe; 05-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.

05-01-2013
fashion elite

I like Bianca and Joan the rest of the girls look bad. Kate's editorial looks terrible bad fitting and styling she looks bored(won't say what else she looks like) The issue isn't good.

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

Black, White, & Bold
V Magazine

PH: Sharif Hamza

fashionscansremastered.net

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
She's an elitist, ignorant, special snowflake who's "empowering" to cis, white, rich, college-educated girls whose success comes from their daddies' money or names.
Furthermore, she hasn't included people of colour in a show about freaking NYC, one of the most culturally and racially diverse cities in America/world. Her excuse "well I don't know how to write about the minority experience / POC" is a lame one because nothing's stopped her from hiring people who know how to do so. Plus whenever she's further asked about this issue, she basically tells people to f*** off.
[/end rant]
Sorry about that.
i get where you're coming from, and as someone who is black i try to watch the show without putting those thoughts of her as a person into my head. Its the same thing with Friends and Sex and the City but i didn't enjoy those shows anyway. I don't think she ever hides the fact that she is very privileged. I do enjoy her show and hopefully she will incorporate more races (Donald Glover isnt enough )

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

Such a beautiful & Ubercool cover and editorial.
I'm soo gonna buy it.

fashion elite

i'm not the biggest Sigrid fan out there but damn, she looks sexy in that ed.

08-01-2013
Mag Master

Editorial preview:
Let Love Adorn You
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Models: Susan Sarandon, Cindy Lauper, Kristen Stewart, Freja Beha Erichsen, Liya Kebede, Christy Turlington Burns, Padma Lakshmi, Olivier Theyskens, Miles Robbins, Heather Watts

vmagazine

08-01-2013
V.I.P.

Freja and Christy, by far, look the best in that editorial.
Heck, shoot me, but Kristen looks kinda good there too

V.I.P.

^thereīs nothing wrong with liking a Kristen Stewart pic. why everyone thinks they have to hate her?! is it cool?

Iīm in love with Olivier pic

09-01-2013
Mag Master

better version of the cover

facebook/VMagazine

09-01-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
[/end rant]
Sorry about that.
Well, damn. LOL Thanks for the info though. I hate when I admire someone, only to find out later what they're really like.

12-01-2013
front row

Is the Rihanna and Kate Moss shoot not featured in this issue? Maybe they're saving it for Spring.

fashion insider

Quote:
[/end rant]
Sorry about that.
That is a tasteless comment Morphe, you and like the rest of the people on this forum do not know this person, and why is it her fault that she was brought up that way? That's life Morphe, people like Lena's parents obviously worked their butts off to give Lena the life they wanted her to have, don't go bashing someone like that, especially using racism to do so.

Last edited by GERGIN; 12-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
13-01-2013
fashion insider

I am not bashing, I'm stating facts. *kanye shrug*
Go google them.

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

Mario Testino's Model Main is atrocious. I loathe when Mario does this direction, he's done and achieved much better standards before. At least the stories he does with his models for British Vogue compliment the models allure. This one here is just an utter mess.

I do love the portraits Inez & Vinoodh have done with Kristen Stewart. They're flattering towards Stewart's look and attitude.

What's the point of Let Love Adorn You? I feel I'm looking at outtakes from previous I&V stories.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#81, 2013, inez, kristen, preview, spring, stewart, vinoodh