V Magazine #112 Spring 2018 : Mariah Carey by Mario Testino - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-03-2018
fashion elite

Did they use her same face to every photo?? It looks exactly the same!!! I can't.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyAddict View Post
lol what's happening with Testino was their chance to hide these atrocious photos and to do a better job but they missed it.

Agreed. I would've shelved this if it was up to me and maybe just give it to a top model and slightly cheaper photographer. He blew his load too soon by pairing Grace with Sam Smith. Grace could've gotten a cover on her own.
But of course Gan don't want to incur the wrath of the butterfly queen, so this is where we are at.

It will be interesting to see how V will move forward without Testino......

09-03-2018
fashion insider

The issue with this shoot, and I am definitely a lamb- is that it is seemingly a night shoot. As a stickler for good lighting, why would Mariah even agree to doing this? The lighting and retouching are not done well. These photos age her. Love Mariah, not a fan of these images. Testino usually falls flat for me. As is the case for this moment.

09-03-2018
rising star

I saw the magazine today in shops and just save your time and don't try to search for it. There's three Testino spreads inside and yes he's credited in his spreads. There's the Mariah and a fashion special with Duckie and another black girl in colored seamless along with a feature within the same vein of the fashion special. All the Testino spreads are done by Formichetti. The highlight of the issue is a Jackie Nickerson editorial, quite gorgeous crops of garments from mainly new designers I recall and hidden credits I don't remember. Then there's Hannah Ferguson and Jules Horn by Nathaniel Goldberg and David Bradshaw outside in a backyard with a pool. Jules is the boy toy always in the water or getting out and Hannah watching from a chair or near the pool, quite repetitive after the fourth image. After that there's a part two of what V did for the last issue of girls with one page shots in parts of the world. There's also a female version of the VMAN editorial by Cameron McNee and it's just as bad. Ugly collages from a bad tumblr, and some really boring feature on some woman by Suman Jack. What else do I need to say, don't buy it.

10-03-2018
rising star

Omg... She looks terrible

trendsetter

Whoever made the comments about her face were right! Literally the same in all the photos. How pathetic. Plus I don't get why she would be on a magazine, she's such a has been.

trendsetter

I wanted to be like her so so much when I was 12 years old and she was singing Emotions... Those days are long gone...

10-03-2018
V.I.P.

Can someone confirm the conspiracy? I cannot sleep. I need to know if they are the same faces in ALL THOSE SHOTS!

10-03-2018
everything sucks!

That must be Mariah's "good side," lord every photo her face is angled the same, same side

11-03-2018
rising star

I wasn't interested in Testino story, so I have just read what's going on and... I don't understand why u hate him so much. You are all acting like he is sentenced and there are proofs. I am not saying he hasn't harassed people but nowadays its really easy to accuse someone. We are here to judge his work. Leave the rest to court.

When it comes to the photos I have to agree. Her face was obviously photoshopped. But I like the cover. Maybe because it looks a little creepy?

11-03-2018
tfs star

They've just phototshopped the same face onto several pictures....i mean really.
(Spurce: VMagazine/My collage)

12-03-2018
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
I wasn't interested in Testino story, so I have just read what's going on and... I don't understand why u hate him so much. You are all acting like he is sentenced and there are proofs. I am not saying he hasn't harassed people but nowadays its really easy to accuse someone. We are here to judge his work. Leave the rest to court.

When it comes to the photos I have to agree. Her face was obviously photoshopped. But I like the cover. Maybe because it looks a little creepy?
Some are so pitchfork-and-lynchmob-happy to see Mario and the rest taken down, their bloodlust blatantly couldn’t care less for due process; seems in synch with society's attitude. Reading some of these posts— like “I knew he’s like that, juts look at his shoots” is exactly the same damning pearl-clutching as when once it was the norm to instantly dismiss all gays and women who didn’t conform to their era’s prudent manners as deviants ready to snatch your sons and husbands away for their own debauchery.

Has Mariah ever looked high fashion in any shoots, in anything…? She is who she is— just more of a caricature of some 15yo’s ideal of what a diva is these days. The copy-and-paste face on the majority of the shots seems typical of her clueless demands because I can’t imagine even an intern would think that’s remotely appropriate for an editorial.But then again, it is V Magazine LOL

13-03-2018
V.I.P.

Optimistic Dystopia
Photographer:
Jackie Nickerson
Stylist: Amanda Harlech
Models: Lea Julian, Tom P. & Tiger Ferrier
Make-up: Val Garland
Hair: Ken O'Rourke

vmagazine.com

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post

What more proof do you need? The men have been cross-questioned, I'm sure journalists did the whole nine yards fact checking everything. The last bloke went as far as to give timemarks etc. But in your opinion people should reserve comment, meaning Testino would be free to continue with his work until a judge lay down the law? Preposterous, and I for one am glad the real world doesn't operate that. Your line of thinking is the very reason why abuse in the industry seems so rampant and normalised. Because everyone concern themselves only with the bottom line, in this case, creative output. Bugger the ones used as collateral.

Consider yourself fortunate that you can so conveniently seperate the art from the artist. Even with no controversy attached to his name, I'd still hate on these images. The entire theme is not only lazy, but the photoshopping makes it positively atrocious.

Luckily there is a Jackie Nickerson edit which actually signals a ray of hope for V. It's time to let the underrated ones step up.

Last edited by Benn98; 13-03-2018 at 06:58 PM.

23-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Hannah Ferguson lands an appearance in the 112th, March-April 2018 issue of V Magazine. Posing poolside, the American beauty wears vibrant looks from the spring collections. Hannah models alongside Jules Horn in the sun-drenched shots captured by Nathaniel Goldberg. Stylist David Bradshaw dresses the blonde wearing designs from the likes of Coach, Tom Ford and Burberry.

fashiongonerogue

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#112, 2018, 2019, carey, magazine, mariah, mario, spring, testino