How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-06-2011
rising star

Vanity Fair August 2011 : Emma Stone by Patrick Demarchelier

vanityfair.com

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

OMG love this
Very vanityfair.

less is more

Great cover after so many recent flops. The red lips and bikini are so eyecatching. Something in her face or smile looks a little off though.

Last edited by rox_yr_sox; 28-06-2011 at 01:27 AM.
28-06-2011
V.I.P.

Woah, best cover I've seen so far this year. I love Emma and I'm glad she's now getting more fame she deserves.

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

I probably wouldn't have recognized her if it didn't say it was her on the cover but WOW, this is hot!! I love it!!

28-06-2011
tfs star

So exiting, love this cver^^ can't wait to see whole editorial!!

28-06-2011
rising star

OMG! Instant love! I adore Emma!

V.I.P.

I love Emma. This however has Lindsay Lohan written all over it. It looks like a pose she'd do, an outfit they'd style her in...everything.

28-06-2011
you soft and only

Oooh very nice.

She's probably one of the few celebrities that I like to see on covers now.

Here's a bit of her feature:

Quote:
New York, N.Y.—“I micro-manage,” Emma Stone tells Vanity Fair writer Alexandra Wolfe. “I think I’m a Type A personality who’s trying to convince herself she’s Type B,” the actress says, admitting that she still lays out her clothes and sets her coffee-maker for the morning the night before. Stone, who confesses she was nervous for her V.F. bikini cover shot, saying, “I usually wear a one-piece,” jokes that her only vices are sugar, wine, and black-tar heroin. “That’s pretty much it, the heroin, the sugar, and the wine—nothing too crazy.”

“Sometimes people recognize me,” Stone says of her public profile, “but they’re more like, ‘Oh, hey!’” As Stone’s star rises, however—the actress will appear in The Help, Friends with Benefits, and Crazy, Stupid, Love this summer—so does the presence of the paparazzi. “He stands up while I’m walking to my car and is like, ‘Hey, Emma! Listen, I’m going to delete these pics. Here’s my card,” Stone recalls of a recent encounter with a paparazzo. “‘If you ever go to the beach with your friends or walk out of your house in your pajamas, call me.’” Stone, confused, refused his card. “He’s like, ‘But I’m deleting these pictures, see?’ … These guys try to strike up a deal with you so you feel like they’re your friend. I didn’t even know that was a thing—that people would call them.”

Stone, who rarely tweets and shut off her Facebook account after she “got addicted to FarmVille,” admits to Wolfe that she is still grappling with certain aspects of being in the public eye—dating, for one. “Talking about this stuff is pretty new,” Stone, who won’t say if she is single or not, says of being asked by the press about her personal life. The actress concludes that “the only solution I’ve come to when it comes to things like that—the health of my family or dating, really personal things—is not to talk about it.”

As for the pressure in Hollywood to stay thin, while Stone allows that “I’m definitely more conscious of it as I’ve gotten older,” she says that she has not succumbed to extreme celebrity fad diets. “That diet, have you seen it?” Stone asks of the popular trainer to the stars Tracy Anderson’s recommended diet. “It’s like: Eat this diet, which is a palm-size piece of chicken and some beans, and work out two hours a day for the rest of your life.” The actress, who rock-climbs at Chelsea Piers in New York City, even admits that weight training and Pilates with Spider-Man co-star Andrew Garfield “brings out anger in me.”

Before her breakout role in Superbad, Stone had dropped out of high school and moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of acting, enrolling in online classes and working part-time at a dog bakery. “I think three people called my specific cookies inedible to their dogs,” Stone said with a laugh. “I’m not a super-talented dog baker.” Stone, however, insists she has no regrets. “I did Superbad in what would’ve been my senior year,” she says. “I was playing a senior, and had I graduated I would’ve missed that opportunity, and had I missed that opportunity I wouldn’t be here right now.”

Stone tells Wolfe that she still remembers what she considers her hardest Hollywood moment, an audition for NBC’s Heroes. “I could hear that, in the other room, a girl had just gone in and they were saying, ‘You are our pick … On a scale of 1 to 10 you’re an 11,’” Stone recalls, before Hayden Panettiere—who ended up with the role of Claire Bennet—walked out of the room. “I went home and just had this meltdown,” Stone says, calling the experience “rock bottom.”

The August issue of Vanity Fair will be available in New York and L.A. on Thursday, June 30, and nationally and on the iPad on Tuesday, July 5.
vanityfair

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

really a good cover, very nice.

V.I.P.

Lovely, finally they put out a decent cover!

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

YAY Emma getting serious covers. She so cool.
Articles look intertesting too.

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

it reminds me Lindsay Lohan cover... very similar font, background, bikini retro presentation, but tough it´s cute. nevermind for repeating, if they repeat in good way

MSNBC.MSN.COM

Last edited by fincher; 28-06-2011 at 04:30 AM.
28-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Beautiful! This is just breathtakingly hot & gorgeous! Although it`s a bit tacky and summer-ish for August, I still love it! Very Vanity Fair. Best so far! It`s a huge live up from last month`s flop

trendsetter

I love this cover!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, demarchelier, emma, fair, patrick, stone, vanity