How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2011
clever ain't wise

I can't understand you guys. Johnny is being photographed by Terry Richardson and he says it's like being raped. And you think it's insensitive or something. Would you say the same thing if JD was a woman? What do you know about whether he's been raped himself or not...

If I say that laying in my new, huge, fancy bath tub is like swimming in the ocean, I don't mean it literally, it's an analogy to give an idea of the feeling.

God I'm so tired of this idea that everyone just has the say the right thing that doesn't offend. It all just gets so boring when people think before they speak.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

The first time Johnny is in a photoshoot by TR! I'm curious!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
I can't understand you guys. Johnny is being photographed by Terry Richardson and he says it's like being raped. And you think it's insensitive or something. Would you say the same thing if JD was a woman? What do you know about whether he's been raped himself or not...

If I say that laying in my new, huge, fancy bath tub is like swimming in the ocean, I don't mean it literally, it's an analogy to give an idea of the feeling.

God I'm so tired of this idea that everyone just has the say the right thing that doesn't offend. It all just gets so boring when people think before they speak.
Analogy? Are you kidding me, he is making a flippant remark comparing the feeling of being RAPED to being photographed for the cover of a major magazine! His exact words:

Quote:
“You just feel like you’re being raped somehow. Raped. The whole thing. It feels like a kind of weird—just weird, man…. Whenever you have a photo shoot or something like that, it’s like—you just feel dumb. It’s just so stupid.”
Now i dont know 100% if he experienced rape ever in his life, but i can assure you if he had, he would not be making a stupid reference like this! Being raped compared to being pampered on a photoshoot for a magazine with huge budget? Ridiculous! And from his comment its clear he was talking about photoshoots in general, not about photoshoots with Terry Richardson!

I don't think every celebrity needs to be super controlled in their interviews, but i do expect that, (especially from overpaid Hollywood veterans) they display a degree of diplomacy, why not just say what he did after the rape part? And as for your question if i would feel the same way if he was a woman, and said that? It's almost insulting you would even ask that, but to indulge you, yes, most certainly, the same exact way.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 05-10-2011 at 03:07 AM.
05-10-2011
clever ain't wise

^I don't like that line of reasoning. It leads to that we all have to walk on egg shells.

I'm of the opinion JD seems like a reasonably intelligent guy, so here's how I interpreted his words: I guess to a young pretty boy hustling for gigs, it might have felt a bit like being a prostitute when being photographed. And I guess some people feel that prostitutes are if not raped so quite abused. Maybe that feeling never goes away?

05-10-2011
backstage pass

He looks and sound like such a try hard. I never found him intelligent but pretentious.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Johnny Depp Apologizes for 'Regretful' Rape Comments in Vanity Fair
By Hollie McKay
Published October 05, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Johnny Depp has never enjoyed photo shoots. But comparing them to violent sexual assault was perceived by some as a bit insensitive.

“Well, you just feel like you’re being raped somehow. Raped ... It feels like a kind of weird – just weird,” the “Rum Diary” star told the November issue of Vanity Fair. “But whenever you have a photo shoot or something like that, it’s like – you just feel dumb.”

According to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN), the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization, Depp ought to know there is a marked distinction between posing for a photographer and being raped.

"While photos may feel at times intrusive, being photographed in no way compares to rape — a violent crime which affects another American every two minutes,” the organization’s spokesperson Katherine Hull told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column on Tuesday. "RAINN welcomes the opportunity to speak with Mr. Depp and educate him about the real life experiences faced by survivors every day, and ways that he can work with RAINN to help."

After hearing of RAINN’s concerns, Depp was quick to admit fault, and apologized to the organization late Tuesday.

“I am truly sorry for offending anyone in any way. I never meant to. It was a poor choice of words on my part in an effort to explain a feeling,” Depp said. “I understand there is no comparison and I am very regretful. In an effort to correct my lack of judgment, please accept my heartfelt apology.”

RAINN accepted Depp's apology, saying: "We hope to work with him to provide hope to victims of rape and make sure they get the help they deserve."
I think we can consider the matter closed.

backstage pass

i cant recognized his face without moustache .

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Love In A Cold Climate
Courtney Love by Jason Bell

Quote:
Link to excerpt (material not appropriate for TFS) http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...us--i-d-****in
vanityfair

Last edited by lucy92; 05-10-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: please see TFS guidelines regarding drug discussion
05-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ OMG she looks fantastic. Can't wait to read that. I still have the VF pics of her in the petals.

I'm glad Johnny has said sorry.

05-10-2011
tfs star

leave it to Terry to take a beautiful man and make him look awful

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
this is really so repetive, why putting someone on a cover twice a year? what's the point?? what can possible be in that article that i haven't read already back in january?
You're not kidding. The last article they did on him (in the Caribbean) was actually with regard for this Rum Diaries movie.

06-10-2011
backstage pass

Love Johnny and think he's fabulous, but wasn't he just recently on their cover? I swear they've all lost their creativity at these magazines!

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

The Hunter In Johnny Depp
Star: Johnny Depp
Photographer: Terry Richardson
Stylist: Jessica Diehl

kroqjock @ celebutopia

15-10-2011
front row

Love in a cold climate
Star: Courtney Love
Photographer: Jason Bell
Stylist: Lauren Blane

courtney-love.org/

15-10-2011
The future is stupid

^Only two of those pics are published in the mag.

Poor Courtney, still looking for all that money!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, depp, fair, johnny, november, richardson, terry, vanity