Vanity Fair October 2010 : Lindsay Lohan by Norman Jean Roy - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUECHIP View Post
the cover sucks. "what went so wrong?" like shut up, us weekly?

It continues to baffle me when I see people surprised by cover blurbs like that or who think they're inappropriate on the cover of Vanity Fair. VF isn't Italian Vogue or something, it basically IS a glorified tabloid. Most of the stories features are scandalous in some way or another. The trials and tribulations of Ms. Lohan are more then a good fit for the magazine.

fashion elite

oh no

30-08-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

I usually try to avoid ranting about the cover stars, but really? Vanity Fair articles tend to be pretty lengthy, and I fail to see what anyone could possibly write about Lindsay Lohan that could take up more than a page and a half...

30-08-2010
MON
V.I.P.

What a surprisingly stunning cover

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

Who cares about what the text says; the cover, as a photographic image is, without a doubt, one of the best photographs ever taken of Lohan. She looks polished and beautiful.

31-08-2010
fashion icon

When I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself, "oh heck no!," and I was right as soon as I saw the cover. She looks nice but the fact that Lindsay is getting all of these covers and news stories is rather vile. The girl needs to be getting serious help, not the cover of a magazine. Its disappointing to see what VF will do to get an issue to sell, especially after their last amazing cover with Lady Gaga!

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan on Her Trial, Her Career, and the Reasons She Lost Control

“If I were the alcoholic everyone says I am, then putting a [SCRAM] bracelet on would have ended me up in detox, in the emergency room, because I would have had to come down from all the things that people say I’m taking and my father says I’m taking—so that says something, because I was fine,” Lindsay Lohan tells Vanity Fair contributing editor Nancy Jo Sales. “I think everyone has their own addictions and hopefully learns how to get past them,” she says, in an interview conducted one week before her jail time began. “I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life.”

Lohan was visibly upset when she spoke with Sales about Ali’s presence in the courtroom, calling it “heartbreaking” to see her sister cry. However, Lohan feels conflicted about her father’s unexpected appearance at the hearing, telling Sales, "The worst part of it is you turn around and you see your dad crying and normally you’d be, like, happy that your father’s there. But then he has to go and do an interview right after.”

Sales reports that Lohan thinks her career is far from over. “I don’t care what anyone says. I know that I’m a damn good actress. … And I know that in my past I was young and irresponsible—but that’s what growing up is. You learn from your mistakes,” she tells Sales.

Lohan adamantly denies rumors of drug abuse, telling Sales: “I’ve never abused prescription drugs. I never have—never in my life. I have no desire to. That’s not who I am. I’ve admitted to the things that I’ve done—to, you know, dabbling in certain things and trying things ’cause I was young and curious and thought it was like, O.K., ’cause other people were doing it and other people put it in front of me. And I see what happened in my life because of it.”

Lohan blames her troubles, in part, on hanging out with the wrong crowd, Sales reports. “So many people around me would say they cared for the wrong reasons. A lot of people were pulling from me, taking from me and not giving. I had a lot of people that were there for me for, you know, the party.” And when she first moved to L.A., Lohan says, “it was very go-go-go and I had a lot of responsibility; and I think just the second I didn’t have [structure] anymore—I was 18, 19—with a ton of money and no one really here to tell me that I couldn’t do certain things … And I see where that’s gotten me now, and I don’t like it.” She says tabloids were her main source of news, and calls that “really scary and sad… I would look up to those girls… the Britneys and whatever. And I would be like, I want to be like that.”

Sales interviews several paparazzi, and reports that Lohan often cooperates with them for a fee, though Lohan denies this. “If I called her up right now and said I’ll give you $10,000, she’d come right down,” a photographer tells Sales. “Once you’re famous, there’s always a way to make money,” another photographer says. “She might not be doing what she’d like to be doing, but she’ll always be Lindsay Lohan.”

The October issue of Vanity Fair will be available on newsstands in New York and L.A. on Thursday, September 2, and nationally and on the iPad on Tuesday, September 7.
vanityfair

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

Nice cover. Very Grace Kelly!

fashion insider

She looks fantastic on the cover. Can't wait to read the whole article.

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

Wow, I love the colors and the concept of the cover! LiLo actually looks great, too.

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

OMG lol it's the first time Lindsay looks classier lol not the usual trashy-rehab looking cheap-whore kind of girl lol: good for her, this might give her a new image towards the media and the mass public

V.I.P.

not exactly her biggest fan but this isn't bad i guess. vanity fair do really pic the worst stars don't they.

Vogue Paris Intern

This is Vanity Fair. Couldn't they put someone on the cover who has a career and is professional on set? There are so many people who actually deserve to be on that cover. Really lame move from VF.

31-08-2010
less is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
Nice cover. Very Grace Kelly!
Only in the most superficial way. I would have preferred another Grace Kelly cover. LL utterly lacks the grace, poise, style and talent of Grace Kelly. If you're going to put a Hollywood actress on the cover VF, please make it someone talented and worthy, not a tabloid train wreck.

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

I can't believe this is Lindsay. I think this is the best shot of her I have ever seen before.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, fair, jean, lindsay, lohan, norman, october, roy, vanity