How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Vanity Fair October 2011 : Angelina Jolie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

vanityfair

30-08-2011
front row

Beautiful!
I never get tired of her face, she looks wonderful

V.I.P.

Quote:
Despite recent reports, Angelina Jolie assures Vanity Fair contributing editor Rich Cohen that there is “no secret wedding” in the works for her and Pitt. “I’m not pregnant. I’m not adopting at the moment,” the star tells Cohen.

“Brad thinks I’m going to be a nightmare,” Jolie jokes, telling how directing her new movie, In the Land of Blood and Honey, has changed the way she will approach her acting career. “I had such a good experience he thinks I’m going to be impatient with directors, which I already am. I get impatient with people working on a film that have their head in their hands like it’s the most complicated thing in the world.”

“I’ve never felt more exposed. My whole career, I’ve hidden behind other people’s words,” Jolie tells Cohen of her screenwriting and feature directorial debut. “Now it’s me talking. You feel ridiculous when you get something wrong.”

“I had the flu,” Jolie says of how she came to write the script. “I had to be quarantined from the children for two days. I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don’t watch TV and I wasn’t reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn’t know any other way.” She says she then let Brad take the script to read on a trip: “He called and said, ‘You know, honey, it’s not that bad.’”

Jolie admits she did not initially intend to direct the film. “It was something I didn’t trust out of my hands,” she explains. “So by default I ended up putting myself in as director.” Of her decision to use all unknown actors from the region, she says, “It couldn’t be anybody else. It’s their story. It was important that they were willing to do it. If none of them were willing, I wouldn’t have made it.”

Jolie does elaborate on Brad’s supportive role throughout the project. “He’d come in and say what he liked or what he didn’t understand. Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things. He’s been so supportive. But it’s hard to separate the person that loves you from the critic, so I don’t think he’s a fair judge.” But she goes on to say that “people will judge for themselves. I think if you make a good movie people walk away arguing.”

Before shooting, Jolie says, she sent the script to “reporters and writers, people of Serbian and Bosnian nationality who’d been through the war. I was gauging the accuracy…. If they said no, I wouldn’t have done it.”

The October issue of Vanity Fair will be on newsstands in New York and L.A. on September 1, and nationally and on the iPad September 6.
vanityfair

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Gorgeous shot of Angie
love it !

30-08-2011
you soft and only

I really don't care for her, but that is actually a gorgeous cover. I'll be picking this up.

I can't believe we've had 10 months of living celebrities.

30-08-2011
backstage pass

it is too close to her head.

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Beautiful Angie! Love!!

V.I.P.

very beautiful, lovely cover.

V.I.P.

This is absolutely gorgeous. Such a beautiful close-up shot of Angelina. Those luscious lips would draw your attention right away IMO.

fashion elite

beatiful but then again by m&m, the photoshop superstars.

30-08-2011
tfs star

Utterly stunning.

tfs star

I love the mood from her ed shot, something dark and mysterious and also loving the suburbia mood.

30-08-2011
trendsetter

She looks like a doll, plastic and quite lifeless.. I don't really like the cover
Posted via Mobile Device

30-08-2011
trendsetter

It's a pretty shot, but it still left me a bit disappointed. When I read the title and saw it was by M&M, I expected something more. Angelina is a stunning woman, but I don't think any of her recent covers have been terribly impressive. At least with a full body pose, one can be more creative.

Hoping the ed will make up for it.

30-08-2011
███████████████

Nice cover but again to much photoshop the eyes of the lef are more small of the othger

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, alas, angelina, fair, jolie, marcus, mert, october, piggott, vanity