Vanity Fair October 2017 : Meghan Markle by Peter Lindbergh - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2017
trendsetter

I would have been perfectly happy for the rest of the month without this.
It feels way too soon for her to be doing press like this.

08-09-2017
V.I.P.

So Harry finally found an actress who wants the attention that goes with being with him, he seems to have chased more than a few over the past few years. She'll be insufferable, but he's a imbecile - perfect match.

08-09-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
From the BBC -
She sounds insufferable. And very desperate for attention.

The cover is a big NO as well.

backstage pass

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way as everyone else. Before Harry she was pretty much unheard of and even with him she's not exactly and A-list casting choice..definitely should have said no to this, its clear VF are interested for one reason and one reason only.

10-09-2017
V.I.P.

LOL @ being on the cover of a very popular magazine to basically say to leave us alone and that they want privacy. Sure Jan.

10-09-2017
everything sucks!

Melania Trump is not on their best-dressed list, obviously because of her husband, but if she were married to any other world leader/politician, she would show up every year. Like her or not, she is fashionable and stylish with a beautiful face and body to boot. It would have been a nice gesture for VF to have featured her - petty they didn't because she really is the ideal VF best-dressed woman. I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Last edited by t-rex; 10-09-2017 at 11:16 PM.
11-09-2017
trendsetter

Regardless of who is in the Oval Office, I sympathize with the First Ladies.
It's not an elected position, appointed position, or paid position, yet, every First Ladies is expected to do plenty of work.
And they are always treated in the most insulting ways: from Hilary to Michelle to Melania.
That being said it really should not come as any surprise she is omitted.
Her husband goes around demeaning the ' fake press/ enemy of the people' constantly.
What would she expect.
If I were a magazine editor it would be hands off completely with Melania.
She could always use it to her advantage though. Maybe concentrate and call more attention to her program against cyber bullying .
But she seems content to do little. I really don't think she ever wanted to be in the White House to begin with. Just Donald's idea.

12-09-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
Melania Trump is not on their best-dressed list, obviously because of her husband, but if she were married to any other world leader/politician, she would show up every year. Like her or not, she is fashionable and stylish with a beautiful face and body to boot. It would have been a nice gesture for VF to have featured her - petty they didn't because she really is the ideal VF best-dressed woman. I'm curious to know what you guys think.
Well she looks like a "Stepford Wife", it depends if you consider that to be a good look. One thing is looking super chic and well put together in an conservative kind of way, think Carla Bruni playing at being a first lady, another is looking like a perfect plastic doll that is being dressed by the best money can buy. You look at her and there is nothing there, that's super off putting.

Anything is better than Kate Middleton, Meghan at her worst will always be best than that lazy 50's throwback that one day will be Queen. The Royal Family are all as stupid as they come, but at least Harry gets the credit for moving on from the "Made in Chelsea" types that seem to be the template for royal girlfriends.

12-09-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
You look at her and there is nothing there.....
That's the problem with her. I've said it many times in her thread, what she's doing is not very far from Catherine, Carla, and Queen Letitzia (aesthetically). They all dress the same to me. But she falls short because she doesn't have anything to back that style up with. No personality or quirks at all. She's like a paper doll, throw on something different and she'll still look good. That's not what style is about.
I never cared for VF best-dressed list because I think it's essentially elitist in theory. It's got nothing absolutely to do with style. The people who make that list are power people with actual careers. They don't twiddle their thumbs all day.

It's also naive to think that her style or public profile is mutually exclusive to her husband and everything he stands for. The two are linked, of course. Because by supporting and praising the one you're ultimately feeding into the other. That's part of the territory, she's not the first first lady to experience this and no doubt will she be the last. If everyone was disgusted by Vogue running a puff piece on the Assad woman, why should Melania get a pass?

12-09-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
That's the problem with her. I've said it many times in her thread, what she's doing is not very far from Catherine, Carla, and Queen Letitzia (aesthetically). They all dress the same to me. But she falls short because she doesn't have anything to back that style up with. No personality or quirks at all. She's like a paper doll, throw on something different and she'll still look good. That's not what style is about.
I never cared for VF best-dressed list because I think it's essentially elitist in theory. It's got nothing absolutely to do with style. The people who make that list are power people with actual careers. They don't twiddle their thumbs all day.

It's also naive to think that her style or public profile is mutually exclusive to her husband and everything he stands for. The two are linked, of course. Because by supporting and praising the one you're ultimately feeding into the other. That's part of the territory, she's not the first first lady to experience this and no doubt will she be the last. If everyone was disgusted by Vogue running a puff piece on the Assad woman, why should Melania get a pass?
Those were exactly the people i was thinking about, particularly Queen Letizia, there is indeed not much difference in terms of style. But looking at Melania is like looking at a vaccum, the woman has no substance, what she wears is what the Stepford Wife should wear. ( not that VF best dressed list is ever concerned about true "style" but anyhoo...)

And i agree, why should Melania get a pass when the fact that she's married that monster is the ONLY reason why she's news?!!!!!!

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

WILD ABOUT HARRY!
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Stylist: Jessica Diehl
Hair: David Babaii
Make-Up: Mary Greenwell
Model/Celebrity: Meghan Markle

Vanity Fair Digital Edition

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, fair, lindbergh, markle, meghan, october, peter, vanity