Vanity Fair October 2017 : Meghan Markle by Peter Lindbergh - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2017
The future is stupid

Vanity Fair October 2017 : Meghan Markle by Peter Lindbergh
source | twitter: vanityfair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1274.jpg (528.4 KB, 66 views)

05-09-2017
front row

She got this cover solely because she's dating Prince Harry, and is expected to marry him. There's nothing else in her life and career that warrants a VF cover.
Love Peter Lindgergh, but that portrait is doing nothing for her. I refuse to believe that's the best from their session.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

But it's too soon for her to be doing press. How did the palace allow this to happen if she'd indeed to be wed to Prince Harry soon? And yikes, what an unflattering shot of her, sorry! I never regarded Meghan as very beautiful, so a portrait wasn't the best option for a cover. Why not give us a body shot, she works out a lot and loves dressing up. This is not the way to sell a future British royal to the public. I'd actually feel slighted if I was her.

05-09-2017
don't look down

Well, there's no whitewashing there, it seems they're going to the other extreme and emphasising all the natural aspects of her look.

If it's a proper interview with her, I can't say I'm too excited by the prospect of what will be Palace-approved PR, but it does impress me that Vanity Fair can keep getting these 'exclusives'.

Sometimes I feel it's the only magazine that believes print media can still hold its own in an insta-world. A lot of big-name publications feel like they're just going through the motions at the moment, because they don't believe in what they're doing anymore.

scenester

People mag.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

It has now been revealed that this is indeed an exclusive interview, in which she candidly speaks of her relationship with Prince Harry. Just read the profile on VF online. Couldn't pick up on any palace machinations but she does come across as very loose-mouthed, if you ask me. He must've proposed if she's already doing press. And as expected Wallis Simpson's name was bandied about in that piece as well.

Last edited by Benn98; 05-09-2017 at 09:46 AM.
05-09-2017
scenester

Not a very flattering shot of her. It doesnt capture her true beauty

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

Whilst the Palace will very much be involved in the kind of interviews and press going forward, it is never going to be the same as it was Kate. Meghan isn't marrying the next in line, she won't ever be Queen. At least not without some huge shake ups and horrid events. She's marrying the fifth in line, and potentially by the time they marry, Harry could even be the sixth in line.

So the rules will definitely be more lax, just like they were for Fergie when she married Andrew.

I can't really see The Palace having much power over Meghan to stop her doing this if she wished to. Probably just approval that nothing too much was said etc.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

... but probably wilder about fame. Yikes.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

^Thinking exact the same thing. Major yikes!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
.......just like they were for Fergie....
Well come to think of it, she may be more alike to Fergie than I thought, lol. I suppose I'm just shocked she'd actually go so far as to do this cover, which I find so tasteless. Without Harry this magazine wouldn't give her the time of the day and she's well aware of that.

No wonder VF didn't even bother getting Leibovitz to shoot this cover.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

From the BBC -

Quote:
Actress Meghan Markle has spoken about her love for Prince Harry in public for the first time, saying: "Personally, I love a great love story."

The star of US drama Suits told Vanity Fair the pair are enjoying "special" time together.
"We're two people who are really happy and in love," the 36-year-old said.

Markle revealed she and the prince had been in a relationship for six months before the rest of the world found out at the end of 2016.
There was a media frenzy when it was revealed Harry was dating the US star, the pair having met in July last year.
The intense interest prompted the prince to issue a statement, attacking the press for subjecting his girlfriend to a "wave of abuse and harassment".

'This is our time' She admitted to Vanity Fair that the situation "has its challenges" and "comes in waves", and that "some days it can feel more challenging than others".

"Right out of the gate it was surprising the way things changed," said Markle, who plays lawyer Rachel Zane in the TV drama.
"But I still have this support system all around me, and, of course, my boyfriend's support." She says she doesn't read any articles about her - either about her private life or her work.

"I haven't even read press for Suits. The people who are close to me anchor me in knowing who I am. The rest is noise."

Meghan Markle says she's never defined herself by her relationship. Asked how she handles tabloid speculation about herself and Harry, Markle said: "We were very quietly dating for about six months before it became news, and I was working during that whole time, and the only thing that changed was people's perception.

"Nothing about me changed. I'm still the same person that I am, and I've never defined myself by my relationship."
She's aware however, that as the relationship progresses, the spotlight might turn more on to her and the prince.

"We're a couple," she said. "We're in love. I'm sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time.
"This is for us. It's part of what makes it so special, that it's just ours. But we're happy. Personally, I love a great love story."

05-09-2017
fashion insider

I'll take anyone over that Lazy Duchess.... I actually think this is perfect for Vanity Fair.. People always tend to forget that it's a high gloss tabloid.

05-09-2017
fashion insider

Oh boy. Guessing they are already engaged or about to announce it if the palace approved this. She seems a bit too eager for attention for my liking, but oh well. She will be like the new Fergie, now that Harry is fifth (almost sixth) in line.

05-09-2017
V.I.P.

I watch Suits and I love her in the show. I think she is beautiful and this photo does not do her justice, it's okay but I don't think this is her best shot.
Love that she got the cover and finally a new face!
I'm tired of the predictable faces all the time so this is a very nice surprise.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, fair, lindbergh, markle, meghan, october, peter, vanity