Vanity Fair September 2016 : Alicia Vikander by Mario Testino - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
02-08-2016
fashion elite

Awkward

03-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
she's one of the most boring, unexciting actresses in recent times + her overexposure has been going on for more than a year now, stop
Yes! Her face is easily spread across 4/5 covers in my collection, yet I've not been bothered to finish one profile! I lose interest after the first few lines. This issue will not be an exception. Enough with this girl!

03-08-2016
V.I.P.

Testino used to capture some truly beautiful, natural moments with his cover subjects. There was so much life and soft beauty in them but he's just lost all of that aspect now, it's all over polished and posed and lifeless for the most part. I find it a real shame.

03-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Yes! Her face is easily spread across 4/5 covers in my collection, yet I've not been bothered to finish one profile! I lose interest after the first few lines. This issue will not be an exception. Enough with this girl!
You don't want to read about how she's a classically trained ballerina and it makes her a great actress for the 35235234234 time -- Diane Kruger's same story recycled for a new generation.

I think she has a certain presence on camera that is very elegant and captivating, but I agree in print she's PIPPA MIDDLETON in print (still laughing at the tFSer who pointed out that uncanny similarity).

04-08-2016
V.I.P.

^ that member deserves to be named! nailed it.. I love her and don't find her boring at all, she's one of the few actresses whose new projects I look forward to and keep searching for updates online.. but the way fashion keeps trying to make her something she's not just gives me anxiety whenever I see her.. some people are just not 'fashion' people, they should give it a rest.. but yeah I know it's all PR and exposure so it's a tough one..

she looks like she held that pose for over 10 seconds.. bit stiff and awkward, and don't get me started on that typical VF styling, they're all men-eater/1940s bombshells in their book.. sighs..

Last edited by MulletProof; 04-08-2016 at 03:24 AM.
04-08-2016
backstage pass

She looks horrible on the cover, I don't understand how all this magazines always manage to make such a beautiful woman looking that bad...

V.I.P.

Well.. I like it and I also like the majority of Mario Testino's cover story with Alicia. I have a hard time finding fault when Testino takes this kind of approach to his photoshoots with actresses. This is far more up my street than Alicia's recent British Vogue cover appearance.

V.I.P.

ALICIA IN WONDERLAND
PHOTOGRAPHER: MARIO TESTINO
CELEB: ALICIA VIKANDER
STYLING: JESSICA DIEHL
HAIR: ANTHONY TURNER
MAKE UP: LAURA DOMINIQUE
NAILS: LORRAINE GRIFFIN

visualizing.fashion

Last edited by zzzyao76; 05-08-2016 at 07:37 AM.
05-08-2016
V.I.P.

What a bad Sept Style Issue this is! Apart from Catroux profile, nothing interested me!

I always find their Style Issues to have such insipid content!

05-08-2016
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
The BTS shots are somehow more powerful than some shots of the main ed.
Couldn't agree more!

05-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
What a bad Sept Style Issue this is! Apart from Catroux profile, nothing interested me!

I always find their Style Issues to have such insipid content!
I really hoped this issue would have more fashion features, but alas. I mean there's so much to cover in fashion right now what with all these moves, maybe they could've given us a bit of bts intrigue or scandal. Don't see that happening. And now that Ingrid Sischy is no longer, I expect we'll see even less fashion features (I think her last feature for VF is in this issue). They should corner Cathy Horyn, just keep Marie Brenner away from designers, please!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, alicia, fair, mario, september, testino, vanity, vikander