How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2007

I wish I could afford to buy this. Whoa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
also, the pic of Karen a couple pages back seems to be broken, can someone rehost it?
I second that!

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
Yes they've sold out in Europe but I'm sure some stores in the US still carry it, and you can still order a copy at visionaire's site. The book itself is $375 and i think shipping within the USA is $175 - same as europe, which is weird, but i entered a shipping address in NYC to check and it was the same
Really?! The shipping cost for me was only $12.40...maybe the site knew you were on an out-of-country computer...?

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

maybe, but that sucks because ha i known that, i could have had it shipped to a US address first and then to my address in France oh well, I guess living in Europe can't have good sides only

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
maybe, but that sucks because ha i known that, i could have had it shipped to a US address first and then to my address in France oh well, I guess living in Europe can't have good sides only
I know...I feel bad you had to pay so much for shipping ...that's like robbery at those prices. The things we do for beautiful things...

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

^ haha I think I could have bought some great designer pieces with all the money i've spent on magazines and fashion books in the past 24 months but i love it

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
^ haha I think I could have bought some great designer pieces with all the money i've spent on magazines and fashion books in the past 24 months but i love it
Mmmhmm...I feel you. I'm the same way...and now that I've discovered the back issues for order of Visionaire that I really like, I have to be careful not to go crazy. But I love collecting some of them...

26-11-2007
V.I.P.

I was planning on buying a back issue, the one edited by Mario Testino... But I can't quite afford it right now

26-11-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Really?! The shipping cost for me was only $12.40...maybe the site knew you were on an out-of-country computer...?
Unfortunately that is not the case, when they perceive the demanding is huge, they increase the purchase value by increasing the shipping fees. Same happened with last year's 'Sex and Words' booklet by Bruce Weber, the book original price was $80 and I remember they were asking more than $100 for shipping a light 200g (!). Today the 'Sex and Words' is priced at $130 and shipping cost to Portugal increased to $148.25! Crazy people!

26-11-2007
fashion insider

I'm so glad my uni library has the whole collection. I must see this

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by educo View Post
I'm so glad my uni library has the whole collection. I must see this
OMG! lucky...:p

27-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
eugen shots are from Hugo boss campaign( i`m surprised what Freja and Tanya aren`t here)
Probably because Tanya was 14 at that shoot.

27-11-2007
front row

I wonder if the future issues will be this expensive? If they are, the subscription for $675 seems like a really good deal. It includes 52. Private. Also, smack me for being ignorant, but are all the issues fashion photography like this, or does the subject matter vary?

27-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((Cody)) View Post
I wonder if the future issues will be this expensive? If they are, the subscription for $675 seems like a really good deal. It includes 52. Private. Also, smack me for being ignorant, but are all the issues fashion photography like this, or does the subject matter vary?
They're almost always different...like the next one is CD's of various musical artists...The Vreeland issue is a colleciton of memos...always creative though...

27-11-2007
front row

Ahh, ok. Thanks. I may buy this if my debit card comes in soon enough.

27-11-2007
front row

Wait, I was just looking on the site, and the shipping is nothing like what you guys are saying. The most expensive option (UPS 2nd Air) is only $45.30. The basic (UPS Ground) is only $17.90 Did you all just get another charge from the delivery men?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
52, private, visionaire