Vogue Australia August 2017 : Bella Heathcote by Paolo Roversi - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2017
MON
V.I.P.

The last photograph should have been the cover. What were they thinking?

Through the Looking Glass is hauntingly beautiful! The blurred photos are amazing!

24-07-2017
V.I.P.

Wow, Duckie Thot is an intriguing beauty and I love her edit...totally outshines everything else in this issue.

Roversi and Alex White has always been an amazing combination for me every time, but for me this edit was a little so-so, it's a bit too light for my taste.

24-07-2017
backstage pass

Vogue Beauty: Martjee Verhoef by Richard Burbridge

Vogue Australia digital edition

24-07-2017
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

stunning!

fashion elite

Really cute cover.

03-08-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I love it. Specially for August, it has that winter chill vibe but the exposed shoulders make me think that spring is around the corner

Anyone has info on the "collector´s edition" tag? what does it mean exactly, everything Dior inside?
Save
Not exactly everything Dior inside (as you can see from the scans of the editorials posted by MarkPoli) but the feature of the edition is about the special exhibition that the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne will be unveiling soon that coincides with the 70th Anniversary of Dior and the exhibition that is happening in Paris and NY at the moment.

Australia prides itself on the fact that the first complete Dior show outside Paris was held in Sydney in 1948 and I guess as 'honour' of Australia recognising the talent of Dior in its fledgling years, the NGV has been given the honour of being lent/ allowed to display some historical garments of the house right up till MGC's collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
It's probably a tie-in with the Dior exhibition at NGV in Melbourne. They did the same thing last year when the Viktor & Rolf exhibition came to town.
Cadence is right- when V&R was here, the edition of Vogue that was dedicated to them came with a tshirt with every copy the designers had designed for the magazine. This time for Vogue, the magazine comes with a rather thick blank notebook. On the cover is Sasha Pivovarova wearing a Dior Aventure ensemble from the SS HC 1948. On the inside front cover Anastasia Ivanova and Marte Mei Van Haaster are wearing looks from Raf Simons' Evening Dress AW HC 13/14 collection. The notebook has 'Vogue' printed on the spine and there's mention of the NGV Dior exhibition that's happening.

If anyone would like scans of anything, happy to do so

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, august, australia, bella, heathcote, paolo, roversi, vogue