Vogue Australia January 2017 : Nicole Kidman by Will Davidson - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2016
backstage pass

From Kirstie Clements' book, the Vogue Factor,
"oftentimes during my career, i was in negotiations regarding Nicole Kidman, most of them fruitless. I started to sense that Nicole's management had a strategy in place which meant she would be able to shoot for Harper's Bazaar Australia but only allow Vogue Australia to lift other material that had been produced for international editions."

She goes on to say how Karl wanted Nicole for his guest edited edition but it once again fell through and ironically she became the face of Chanel No.5 not long after.

12-12-2016
V.I.P.

Well why was that? Becasue Clements lacked one most important thing; DIPLOMACY! This is a woman who complained to Kidman's people that they had too many demands when she got her to shoot for them an original cover, and went on a tirade to her managment when they changed, at last minute, the date of the shoot!

Also plenty of modeling agencies had issues with how she did buisness. So is it a surprise Kidman would chose HB over Vogue? It's not something she brings up in her pathetic book, of course!

Stars are difficult to deal with, but that's part of the job as EIC of Vogue that is NOT as powerful as American or French editions.

And it just goes to show how more suited Edwina is for the role. She might be using a bit much celebs, but now VA is part of the conversation at least, and she is even able to get Gigi or Kendall.etc, and has made the magazine more attractive to advertisers as a result. Unlike with Clements i never heard a bad thing about her.

Another EIC that is beloved is Arp, everyone loves working with her, and for VG!

12-12-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Well why was that? Becasue Clements lacked one most important thing; DIPLOMACY! This is a woman who complained to Kidman's people that they had too many demands when she got her to shoot for them an original cover, and went on a tirade to her managment when they changed, at last minute, the date of the shoot!

Also plenty of modeling agencies had issues with how she did buisness. So is it a surprise Kidman would chose HB over Vogue? It's not something she brings up in her pathetic book, of course!
A woman who wasn't afraid to speak her mind

And at least she she actually used models -- Abbey Lee Kershaw & Julia Nobis (amongst others) owe a lot to her for their careers.

You can complement Edwina all day, but Clements is the one who came up with the identity of this magazine and kept it from being generic. [Granted, admittedly she stole a lot of that identity from hiring Russh's entire staff]. Edwina kept the ship going for awhile, but lately it's back to being completely unrecognizable fluff.

Not trying to get it in a debate, I don't have anything invested in this, just don't understand the Clements hate. This magazine was nothing before her, and it has been nothing since.

12-12-2016
V.I.P.

^ I can agree that she did plenty of good while running the magazine. Especially with using good models, but i can't agree that it has turned into nothing since she been out. I think Edwina took it one step further, and is doing good even on the written content.

But I'm the same, i don't have anything invested in either, and Edwina could be replaced anytime, but so far she been guiding the ship well.

12-12-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^ I can agree that she did plenty of good while running the magazine. Especially with using good models, but i can't agree that it has turned into nothing since she been out. I think Edwina took it one step further, and is doing good even on the written content.

But I'm the same, i don't have anything invested in either, and Edwina could be replaced anytime, but so far she been guiding the ship well.
Totally opposite ends of this one, but I enjoyed hashing it out.

22-12-2016
V.I.P.

vogue australia digital edition

22-12-2016
tfs star

There's something old-school about the editorial which makes me appreciate the beauty of it.

26-12-2016
V.I.P.

Love the first shot so much! Beautiful story!

01-01-2017
V.I.P.

Nicole Kidman is the eternal, never-ageing beauty but what's going on with the bat-eyebrows?

01-01-2017
you soft and only

HQ Cover

Vogue Australia January 2017 Digital Edition

01-01-2017
you soft and only

"Storm Brewing"
Actor: Joel Edgerton
Photographer: Will Davidson
Stylist: Petta Chua

01-01-2017
you soft and only

"Glory Days"
Model: Nova Orchid
Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Stylist: Katie Mossman

03-01-2017
chat~

Looks like it is full of nice articles a really great side of summer. Almost fall -
Love everything about the cover, and the new Dior suits Nicole so well!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, australia, davidson, january, kidman, nicole, vogue