How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Australia September 2012 : Bella Heathcote by Will Davidson

instagram/vogue_australia

22-07-2012
V.I.P.

just had to look to see if she was australian, didn't realise she was in neighbours. i don't really know much about her but she is definitely gorgeous and the cover image is no exception. absolutely loving the colours too, looking forward to seeing it in hq.

fashion insider

It looks quite pretty, but I would have preferred a more weather appropriate dress (i.e. shorter sleeves) for the first Spring issue. Also something feels a little off with the expression and hairstyle, but my opinions on that could change once I see it in better quality. I love the setting though, and the colours from what we've seen so far.

I was a little confused by the actress choice, since she isn't very well known here yet. I checked on IMDb and it seems she'll be in Brad Pitt's new movie which comes out in September, so I guess it makes sense to give her some publicity.

fashion insider

Also, is this Edwina McCann's first issue as the new editor? I know she was credited under the last issue with Abbey on the cover, but I remember some users saying that the timeframe with regards to the announcement of the change meant that she wouldn't have had much creative control over it, if at all, and that September will truly be her first issue

If so it's quite a lovely debut, I'm looking forward to seeing how the magazine has changed contents wise.

fashion elite

I don't like, reminds me od Dolce & Gabbana's boring campaigns.

V.I.P.

Bella is so lovely, and she totally deserves the cover.

22-07-2012
Mag Master

bigger preview
Bella Heathcote in Christian Dior by Will Davidson

e-paper/The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)

according to the article there will be a subscribers cover, where Bella wears Chanel

22-07-2012
you soft and only

^ I'm really disappointed to hear that an edition of Vogue is going the Subscriber's cover route. I just can't stand them, I'm sorry.

22-07-2012
V.I.P.

This is a beautiful cover, love the colors. But i have to say since its her first issue as eic, it does beg the question, will there be more celeb covers from now on?! Hopefully its at least a nice mix.

Excited to see the content of this whole issue, and how her Vogue feels....

22-07-2012
Mag Master

Article: The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney) Insider Fashion:
Quote:
New Vogue editor unveils first cover

It’s the cover everyone has been waiting for and Insider can exclusively reveal it.
New Vogue Australia editor Edwina McCann’s first cover — the all-important September issue — features rising star Bella Heathcote, photographed by Will Davidson.

McCann met the 24-year-old Aussie actress, who recently starred in Dark Shadows as the love interest of Johnny Depp, at a Gucci event in Sydney and immediately thought: ‘‘You’re going places. Then she turned up on the red carpet wearing Chanel at Cannes and that was when the lightbulb went on,’’ McCann said. ‘‘I felt very strongly that Vogue should be doing her first major cover. Vogue has had a lot of success with model covers, and we’re not going to depart from that but, like British Vogue, it’s about the right woman or model at the right time for the right reasons.’’

McCann added: ‘‘I actually feel that Vogue, as a periodical record, has a responsibility to feature the most interesting Australian women. If we had a charter, that would be part of it. That’s what will give us our unique take on the world.’’

In an initiative she started while editing Harper’s Bazaar, McCann has produced two covers, one for newsstands (pictured), with Heathcote wearing Christian Dior, and another for subscribers in which she wears Chanel.

The whole magazine was turned around in a ‘‘highly pressurised’’ three weeks after McCann replaced former editor Kirstie Clements. McCann is proud of the result and its sense of adventure: ‘‘That’s what Australians are all about.’’
e-paper/The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 22-07-2012 at 06:40 AM.
22-07-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I`m not enthusiastic with magazines who have Subscriber`s covers let alone Vogue doing it. Edwina should`ve left that Idea with Harper`s Bazaar.

So this is the first Vogue with subs cover?

trendsetter

There will be a full redesign of the magazine by McCann/ full editorial input by the new fashion team that will be seen in the December issue!

I am a little disappointed that its not a model on the September cover but I do think this is very beautiful!

22-07-2012
fashion elite

it's a nice cover but the face doesn't express anything, it's a very blank expression, however I like the composition of the cover and the styling is brilliant.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I`m not enthusiastic with magazines who have Subscriber`s covers let alone Vogue doing it. Edwina should`ve left that Idea with Harper`s Bazaar.

So this is the first Vogue with subs cover?
I believe so. It apparently has one cover line and no barcode!

22-07-2012
trendsetter

Ps. Crystal Renn has an ed in this issue!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, australia, bella, davidson, heathcote, september, vogue