How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2013
backstage pass

Someone went wild with the slanted text this issue.

30-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
I mean come on! Are you going to tell me that these images from the "Débora E José" editorial deserve to be featured in Vogue magazine??? It's nudity: no clothing, no accessories = it's not FASHION! This is more a Brruce Weber's type of pictures that should be in a gallery or a book about nudity and there's nothing wrong about them BUT not in the world's high fashion bible that is Vogue. As always Testino does what he wants and this editorial doesn't belong in Vogue.
I agree

30-05-2013
backstage pass

For the ones asking about the "Débora e José" editorial:
This is the "Body" issue, so showing naked bodies is normal. No one is ranting about Andrej's naked body, right?
Débora and José are two Brazilian actors that made a huge success as a couple in a soap opera and the romance came in real life too. They are both REALLY beautiful and "model" material, if you ask me. Although I do prefer him with his hair short. He's like a male latin version of Daphne Groeneveld!

V.I.P.

^ I think their photos are beautiful, no problem here.

And Matt Cyrus thanks for all the content, cant wait to get it.

30-05-2013
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
For the ones asking about the "Débora e José" editorial:
This is the "Body" issue, so showing naked bodies is normal. No one is ranting about Andrej's naked body, right?
Débora and José are two Brazilian actors that made a huge success as a couple in a soap opera and the romance came in real life too. They are both REALLY beautiful and "model" material, if you ask me. Although I do prefer him with his hair short. He's like a male latin version of Daphne Groeneveld!
oh, how badly i'd like to i don't want to see him that way, such an eyesore

i agree about Débora and José, such a beautiful couple
sometimes pure skin is more high fashion than any clothes could be

30-05-2013
fashion elite

Is it weird i'm like totally cool with the Pam Anderson editorial?

30-05-2013
V.I.P.

everything is so well done except the cover.
love Pamela's ed

███████████████

The editorial loook good, the members must not forget, this is "The Body issue" the editorial Débora e José" is a tipical ed of Testino with the new couple of Brazil, the ed of Joan look so good, maybe i dont like much Pamela Anderson, but for a body issue is perfect choice.

30-05-2013
V.I.P.

This has proved to be one heck of an issue.. right after Noami Campbell's.

Carolyn's story looks like something Carine Roitfeld would have produced for Vogue Paris, circa 2002-2003 - I love it. Carlyne Cerf's one heck of a stylist and I just love when Testino goes down this route. Pamela Anderon's pictures are stunning, she's never looked better, wowza. Needless to say Gisele's story is a knockout. She truly does excel every time a sexy aesthetic is required of her.

Joan's editorial is horrendous. It looks so enhanced and her beauty is overshadowed by awkward angles and poses. This is the type of direction I loathe from Testino. He done and overloaded story for Vogue Spain's December issue which looked atrocious both online and in print. He's done numerous editorials for American Vogue like this, which I haven't liked either.

_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Cyruss View Post
Beauty: Nova Maquiagem
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Martha Hunt & Sonja Wohlmuth

It's actually Sonja Gorolova.

The only ed I like is Gisele's luscious cover story. That particular shot of her with her legs apart and water splashing over her, damn, it would make such a glorious poster (minus the typography).

30-05-2013
V.I.P.

these kind of plastic "sexy" editorials are so not my thing..i don't like testino's work and pamela's is the only one that's ok (but it's her, if it was someone else i would like it more )

V.I.P.

The cover is fine, but this text ruins everything, i don't why the art designer made this cover on Power Point

Ok, the issue have a good & bad content, because some eds are great & others not much.

Surprise than Pam look splendid, finally she doesn't look as slut than use to be.

front row

It's great that they decided to celebrate the Brazilian sexy body, but I wish there were more brazilian models or actresses on this issue. Débora and José make such a beautiful couple and their ed is so simple but beautiful, definitely one of my favs.
I'm usually not a fan of Testino's work but all the eds he made here were FANTASTIC, great to see such an amazing issue of Vogue Brasil

V.I.P.

Naomi's issue might have been a bad one but this is not great either, Matt Raimo is my personal highlight other than that I've seen Gisele in eds like this before brought nothing new to the table and the rest just blah nothing stands out for me.

30-05-2013
fashion elite

Gisele, Doutzen , Joan and even Pam killed it!!!! Look at their body of work, marvelously breathtaking. It is sensual whilst evoke eroticism.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, brazil, bündchen, gisele, june, mario, testino, vogue