How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2011
V.I.P.

i think some people are overreacting to her ***. we see boobies on the cover of every fashion magazine, almost every month. we've seen it so many times. what's the difference to see an ***? at least it's something different and unusual. somebody mentioned if you change the vogue layout, it could be easily replaced by the playboy layout, the same could happen to a cover with boobies, no? so what's the difference? why is this so shocking?
i can understand the people complaining about the tattoos, although it doesn't bother me. as for me, i think this is the best cover vogue brazil has ever done. it's so beautiful and tasteful, and kate looks absolutely gorgeous. i'm so gonna buy it!

27-04-2011
tfs star

People, it's not that it's an *** on the cover of Vogue that's distasteful, honestly it's just Kate Moss's *** on the cover that I don't like, tattoos and all. I think it might be the angle, maybe if she turned to the side slightly.

Now Gisele on the other hand, that would've been a fine tanned *** on the cover.

In conclusion, asses are great, I'm no prude. Nudity can be tasteful and fashionable, but there's something about this one particular shot below her waist that's off.

27-04-2011
backstage pass

vogue.globo.com/

27-04-2011
French Chic

By God, they have really photoshopped her arse. Looks as smooth as a little babies.

V.I.P.

Bigger

twiiter/StrikeTwoPoses

27-04-2011
V.I.P.

^

.. the large and rotated (!) version makes it even better.

And I hear ya, atooomic.. sometimes this place gets so bipolar .. I don't remember anyone making such a big deal out of Claudia's Vogue Germany covers, one with a baby, and the other one naked and pregnant.. which is as related to women as a picture of a naked Kate Moss is related to fashion. And Natalia's cover for Vogue UK too. I know it wasn't a frontal shot of anyone's butt but still, I think this is quite tasteful - and yes, tastefulness might be quite subjective but I think anyone over a certain age can tell the difference between a picture that's carefully composed and a picture of someone spreading out their legs with no other purpose except subjecting the viewer to think and want one thing only. I'm too tired to expand more on this, and too skeptical to even bother.. this is like explaining why someone prefers viewing pictures on this forum and not on the site imagebam takes its pop-ups from .. after all, it's all about clothes and women .. pretty ridiculous.

V.I.P.

LOVE the cover!! Kate looks sexy and bashful.

goodbye kiss

Loved it I can't remember the last time I liked a Vogue Brazil cover like this one. I'm glad I didn't have high expectations because they delivered a great surprise. Brazilian people usually prefer butts to tits so it all makes sense to me :p

It's out on May 2nd, according to terra.

28-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by atooomic View Post
i think some people are overreacting to her ***. we see boobies on the cover of every fashion magazine, almost every month. we've seen it so many times. what's the difference to see an ***? at least it's something different and unusual. somebody mentioned if you change the vogue layout, it could be easily replaced by the playboy layout, the same could happen to a cover with boobies, no? so what's the difference? why is this so shocking?
I don't think there is a difference; that's certainly not my pov. I believe there is no such thing as 'tasteful nudity', and I, for one, object to seeing an @ss on the cover of a fashion magazine as much as boobs. I don't see what the nude body has to do with fashion, and while I can deal with it inside the magazine I do think it's rather pretentious to slap Kate Moss naked on the cover of a Vogue - any Vogue - and then claim you did it because it's "fashion". This may not be the worst kind of example of nudity that doesn't belong, but it is precisely covers like this that make people sneer at the "fashion" industry.

Prude and proud. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by atooomic View Post
i can understand the people complaining about the tattoos, although it doesn't bother me.
Tattoos may be aesthetically unappealing to some (including myself), but other than that I for one don't see a specific problem with them.

28-04-2011
rising star

I like the concept/idea, but the PS work is such a botch (arrangement/proportions of the limbs and the arse) ... it's vogue/Mario can't they hire a competent person?

28-04-2011
fashion insider

i wish her but was...bigger. hahaahha
im not even joking.

28-04-2011
fierce.

The best cover of Vogue Brasil of the last 5 years

®

some shots by testino inside the mag

madeinbrazil

V.I.P.

Caua

tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS today: Kate Moss Gets Naked for Vogue Brazil (Forum Buzz)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, brazil, kate, mario, moss, testino, vogue