Vogue China July 2017 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Collier Schorr - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2017
V.I.P.

Not what i expected when i clicked on the thread title, she looks beautiful, and carries even the styling! Easily their best cover this year, and kudos for not doing the predictable Freja!

06-06-2017
backstage pass

Love the cover, but they could have chosen another brand to fature...

06-06-2017
fashion elite

it's always a pleasure to see Freja, and it's a nice cover. I dont even mind with the hideous styling lol

06-06-2017
V.I.P.

It's beautiful but in some way she looks like Victoria Beckham on this cover.

backstage pass

i like it, simple but effective, and Freja brings a slight moodiness to it. I also like how they've used minimal text for once.

06-06-2017
trendsetter

Hauntingly beautiful!
Freja will always be one of my favourites. I don't like the styling but it doesn't matter, I love this cover

08-06-2017
trendsetter

Photographer:Collier Schorr
Stylist: Daniela Paudice

weibo.com/voguechina

I've never been a fan of Freja, and Daniela's hideous styling is even wrose.

08-06-2017
fashion insider

The shot of her in the parka and tank is gorgeous: Simply irresistible lines. In living color, that should have made such a waiting-by-the-shore, slightyly-melancholic but still effortlessly cool cover. Freja has that kind of face that just conjures up an Ingmar Bergman story... But once again, they had to pimp that stupid Dior garbage to keep those advertising coins coming.

Thanks MDNA

09-06-2017
V.I.P.

Once again the styling is positively criminal!! I like shot 2&3, the rest is ruined by the styling. Daniela Paudice must be stopped.

09-06-2017
front row

Seems like the only one that finds it rather dull.

09-06-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Once again the styling is positively criminal!! I like shot 2&3, the rest is ruined by the styling. Daniela Paudice must be stopped.
The styling for 1, 3, 4 and 7 are nice. Even striking with an obvious cop from Haider’s brand of wrapping shirts/jackets around the waist to create a fluid bow effect. And the plaintive tone of a simple white tank always gets me nostalgic for OG Helmut… Given who the stylist is, and who the photographer is, I’m pleasantly OK with the results.

10-06-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
The styling for 1, 3, 4 and 7 are nice. Even striking with an obvious cop from Haider’s brand of wrapping shirts/jackets around the waist to create a fluid bow effect. And the plaintive tone of a simple white tank always gets me nostalgic for OG Helmut… Given who the stylist is, and who the photographer is, I’m pleasantly OK with the results.
My gripe with it is the monotonous linear silhouette, despite the voluminous styling in shot 1. Unbelievably lazy.

11-06-2017
fashion elite

For me the vast majority of what gets passed off as "fashion photography" in magazines these days is instantly forgettable. I honestly don't follow any of it all that closely anymore. With advancements in technology combined with staggering access to fashion photography archives from the past to current era one would think that the caliber of photographic quality and ingenuity would jump off the page (or these days the screen) but in my opinion the opposite has happened. Everything has become monotonous, trite and surface level.

Overall I find the beach editorial shoot styling tired and cliched. From the done to death tousled "beach hair" to ill fitting, floppy sleeves (which always looks ridiculous I don't care how trendy or cool it's supposed to look) to the ho hum might as well have been created in studio, beach photography.

However, I'm really struck by one image of Freja in particular. The hooded Balenciaga raincoat shot. The thoughtful framing and composition harks back to an era of fashion photography where images and art direction defied convention, challenging both the editorial staff and viewers while commanding commercial relevancy and merit all done with class, humor and grit.

see Dottie shot by Hans Fuerer for VOGUE Paris 1974

The mix of no none sense functionality and knotted formality draws me in and makes me want to know more about this woman. The weathered, crinkled leather, mimics Freja's lips. The subtle sheen on her lids plays off the metal hardware. The heavy hood frames her face in a startling, harsh way which really puts the focus on Freja's features.

I love the sense of modest vulnerability and strength Freja conveys without ever making eye contact. It's not a super glamorous, high fashion image but that's precisely why it's so striking. It's unusual to stumble upon such unexpected imagery with emotional resonance in the pages of a modern day fashion magazine. I never thought I'd say this but kudos to Collier Schorr.

don't look down

I'm not a fan of Freja - I'm immune to her magic - so this looks like the same dross that you see everywhere at the moment. I do like the cover, but it's all downhill from there for me.

23-06-2017
trendsetter

SIMPLY FRFJA (8P) QUEEN OF COOL (1P)
Photographer: Collier Schorr
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen
Makeup: Dick Page
Hair: James Pecis
Nails: Natalie Pavlovski

ROMAN GRADENS (12P)
Photographer: Yelena Yemchuk
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Model: Sora Choi
Makeup: Petros Petrohilos
Hair: Pier Giuseppe Moroni

SHAPES FORMS, VOLUMES(10P)
Photographer: Roe Ethridge
Stylist: Robbie Spencer
Model: Amber Witcomb, Sora Choi & Lorena Maraschi
Makeup: Francelle Dalyfor
Hair: Tomo Jidai
Nails: Maki Sakamoto

DUSK LIGHTS (12P)
Photographer: Vincent van de Wijngaard
Stylist: Hannes Hetta
Model: Lou Schoof
Makeup: Lotten Holmqvist
Hair: Tomohiro Ohashi

THE DIOR GAZE (9P)
Photographer: Lena C. Emery
Stylist: Konca Aykan
Model: He Cong

RISING (12P)
Photographer: Zeng Wu
Fashion Director: Daniela Paudice
Stylist: Clif Szeto
Models: Chu Wong, Huan Zhou, Huan Meng Yang, Shujing Zhou, Sijia Kang & Han Wang

SUMMER BUZZ (9P)
Photographer: Regan Cameron
Stylist: Rachael Wang
Model: Gao Jie & Maria Clara
Makeup: Kristi Matamoros
Hair: Linda Shalabi
Nails: Isis Antelo

They has decided to discontinue thier ipad edition, so this is the last issue they offered to the Apple subscribers.

Last edited by MDNA; 23-06-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, beha, china, collier, erichsen, freja, july, schorr, vogue