Vogue China July 2017 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Collier Schorr - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2017
trendsetter

UHQ COVER

24-06-2017
V.I.P.

It's always funny, but somewhat ironic to see Stella McCartney's looks styled with leather or fur.

It actually looks like a issue I'll have to get, despite the appalling art direction. Vincent's story with Lou is easily the outstanding, and as much as I like Freja, Lou should've gotten this cover. She's just so perfect for this story. That mature and cinematic presence. Every shot is perfectly captured, especially the one with her shade against the wall.

Except the Roe Ethridge feature, everything else is pretty solid. I'm quite happy they're using so many double page shots, this really elevate many of the shots. The best I've seen from Vogue China in a while.

Hopefully Fan Bingbing never never gets cast for a film noir picture., She's not commanding enough, even in print, as a femme fatale.

Thanks for posting, MDNA & Nevin.

24-06-2017
V.I.P.

MDNA, thanks a million for posting all the eds. Wow at them not doing anymore digital editions? Are you sure? Not even on Zinio? I wonder why? I noticed Vogue Netherlands is not available on Zinio either anymore. I think i used to see it.

This is actually a good July issue, Vincent's ed is sublime. Looking forward to see where his career goes, he seems to be enjoying his work.

24-06-2017
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
MDNA, thanks a million for posting all the eds. Wow at them not doing anymore digital editions? Are you sure? Not even on Zinio? I wonder why? I noticed Vogue Netherlands is not available on Zinio either anymore. I think i used to see it.

This is actually a good July issue, Vincent's ed is sublime. Looking forward to see where his career goes, he seems to be enjoying his work.
You're welcome!

They still keep the digital edition on condenast.dooland.com, offering the magazines in PDF to the subscribers. I'm not sure about Zinio, the app seems not available in China.

I guess it's also a move to boost their lame Vogue Mini app, in the announcement page about the discontinuation, they mentioned some of the contents from the magazine will be available on the app for free.

24-06-2017
V.I.P.

^ Oh ok, so because of the app then, Vogue Mini app really gets pushed a lot by them, so I guess this makes sense. Happy to hear digital issues will be available, still.

Thanks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, beha, china, collier, erichsen, freja, july, schorr, vogue