How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2010
starving hysterical naked

The entire issue is such a beautifully-executed tribute to these fantastic Asian models Lindbergh's story is... a masterpiece, the shots evoke so many emotions. And as much as I love each model involved in the editorial, I couldn't take my eyes off Ming Xi. Her face per se is SO emotional. Liu's ed by Roversi is marvellous aswell.

14-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
They threw Lisanne in there, which I think is unnecessary. She looks good, but Lisanne is on the blander side of models... they could've used someone like Kirsi.
pulling out Lisanne and shoving in Kirsi only would've produced the same effect lol.

anyhow this is really superb, cohesive content from a September issue. i like how all the eds seem to be interwoven, only with a slight variation on the elements used. the abundance of black and red is distinctly Asian, and the whole melancholic atmosphere of the eds is very appealing to the eyes. Black On Black is beautiful as well as Liu's Roversi edit though i'd really be surprised if we'd render such acclaim if the models used on the former ed were just regular Caucasian ones. but i do think that that is what keeps most of us entranced with Black On Black, cause we never really see Asian models en masse in an editorial.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammon View Post
you miss this one.

***Edited*** Please do post images in quotes.

Scan by 212@modernparty.cn
this is the link:

Last edited by BetteT; 15-08-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Removing quoted image, per Community Rules.
14-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrenateD View Post
pulling out Lisanne and shoving in Kirsi only would've produced the same effect lol.

anyhow this is really superb, cohesive content from a September issue. i like how all the eds seem to be interwoven, only with a slight variation on the elements used. the abundance of black and red is distinctly Asian, and the whole melancholic atmosphere of the eds is very appealing to the eyes. Black On Black is beautiful as well as Liu's Roversi edit though i'd really be surprised if we'd render such acclaim if the models used on the former ed were just regular Caucasian ones. but i do think that that is what keeps most of us entranced with Black On Black, cause we never really see Asian models en masse in an editorial.
I completely agree with this statement - what I love most about this issue is that it is such tribute and celebration of Asian beauty when years ago there were so many Caucasian models as the face of Asian magazines and products. The fact that they get to use their models in ways that represent their culture in such an inspiring and beautiful way is so powerful to me.

14-08-2010
V.I.P.

I also love this issue editorials, especially with the Asian models, Liu really stands out in all of them. I only wish if Sun Feifei could get more shots...

15-08-2010
V.I.P.

I heard this shot of Ruby Aldridge was from the preview for this issue.

*vogue.com.cn

Is it not in this issue at all? (It wouldn't fit in with the other eds anyway, but just wondering)

16-08-2010
rising star

Lovely, loved the makeup editorial.

16-08-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrenateD View Post

I disagree. Lisanne is overshadowed by any model she's in an ed with, and so it seems pointless to have her in this ed especially... but Kirsi has a strong, focused look... it would make having a non-Asian model with the Asians more purposeful and meaningful IMO. That's just what I think... of course, everyone has their opinion.

rising star

crap I totally forgot about that part:S I will scan it soon
Yes, the content by far is probably the best out of all the vogue editions that is out currently in my point of view; though I ripped all my pages out:S,

backstage pass

The Influence
Ph:Stephane Sednaoui
Mu Juan

Scan by 212 @ modernparty.cn

16-08-2010
backstage pass

The Designers (Shanghai & Beijing part)

16-08-2010
backstage pass

Continue:

16-08-2010
fashion insider

though im trying very hard to understand; i feel like im out of the loop in terms of the designers they are spotlighting here.

16-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammon View Post
There have another two eds about designer. Please be patient,someone will scan them soon
I didn't mean it as a complaint or anything, I just wasn't sure if it even was in this issue or if it was a supplement or anything. Thanks a lot for posting the Shanghai and Beijing part!

Some of the designs are shockingly simple, but the designer ed as a whole is definitely interesting.

16-08-2010
you soft and only

Was Lindbergh's cover not released in China? I've read about people having a hard time finding it, so I was just curious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, china, feifei, jackson, lindbergh, liu, ming, pei, september, shu, tao, vogue