Vogue Germany January 2018 : Gigi Hadid by Patrick Demarchelier - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
the main editorial is just awful... she poses like an amateur model... sadly... these clothes have so much life and colour yet she manages to come across completely lifeless...
I have to agree, and I like her as a model but GOSH this is bloody awful!!! The poses and the whole story sucks! Nothing SUPERMODELESQUE about that: just hair in her face and open mouth; definitely NOT what Gianni Versace was about. It´s a big fail !!!

And furthermore, if they wanted to pay respect and hommage to Versace and Gianni wouldn´t it have made more sense to have a former supermodel from that era on the cover instead????? like lol I mean...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
I have to agree, and I like her as a model but GOSH this is bloody awful!!! The poses and the whole story sucks! Nothing SUPERMODELESQUE about that: just hair in her face and open mouth; definitely NOT what Gianni Versace was about. It´s a big fail !!!

And furthermore, if they wanted to pay respect and hommage to Versace and Gianni wouldn´t it have made more sense to have a former supermodel from that era on the cover instead????? like lol I mean...
I know. I mean it would be okay with a different model. Having said that everyone keeps banging about how much they missed the supers and how touching the whole tribute was. That was really a golden opportunity to honour one or several of them.

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Her poses are pretty good and varied. Her body looks amazing especially her legs. However her face with her mouth open brings the entire editorial to an average level.

3 Days Ago
fashion insider

Love it. Very Avedon-esque.

3 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I'm a fan but I do think everything could've looked a whole lot better with Demarchelier's cover story. I don't know... just looks a little over-processed for what I'm used to with Demarchelier, I dislike the lack of depth with the backdrop and what the absolute HECK is going on with the Photoshop on Gigi's foot in the shot where she's on the studio floor?

How jaw-dropping is that shot of Karolin Wolter in the fur from Luigi & Iango's editorial? She could've carried the story alone.

3 Days Ago
fashion insider

Looking at the cover, all I can think about is: when will she fix her lower teeth?

3 Days Ago
fashion insider

2 Days Ago
rising star

UK Vogue December 1990 Christy Turlington by Patrick Demarchelier

pg.gs

Who did best?

Last edited by FashionMuseDior; 2 Days Ago at 11:50 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, demarchelier, germany, gigi, hadid, january, patrick, vogue