Vogue Germany July 2015 : Toni Garrn by Giampaolo Sgura - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

LAND-PARTIE
Photographer: Ralph Mecke
Stylist: Nicola Knels
Hair: Nadine Bauer
Make-up: Céline Exbrayat
Models: ?

Vogue Germany

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

cont.

Vogue Germany

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

HAUT ZART
Photographer: Thomas Lohr
Stylist: Nicola Knels
Hair: ?
Make-up: ?
Model: ?

Vogue Germany

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

Who said yes to this? Has there been any change in the direction that I didn't notice? Because this magazine went downhill... It was never this bad.

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

I am sweating just looking at Toni in that editorial, such heavy handed styling, trying way too hard! The best shots are those of the scenery. Why would you do a cover ed like that for your July issue?!!!

10-06-2015
MON
V.I.P.

It looks so sad. This magazine looks so sad. Toni's editorial looks like those Instagram photos of today's generation of hipsters - over exposed and over processed. What a shame. They had a fantastic scenery and wile get this? What even. And what on earth is with that styling? I can't even with it. The rest of the editorials are something is expect from Elle Germany... Which they even do better.

Sgura NEEDS to go

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Who said yes to this? Has there been any change in the direction that I didn't notice? Because this magazine went downhill... It was never this bad.
Seriously, this magazine is depressing. If there haven't been changes that have affected it, then there definitely needs to be some in the future, like soon!

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

toni’s editorial - ???? what is with the retouching!! it hurts...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I am sweating just looking at Toni in that editorial, such heavy handed styling, trying way too hard! The best shots are those of the scenery. Why would you do a cover ed like that for your July issue?!!!
. Tim Walker and Lindbergh are masters with these type of travel editorials. There's just too much going on in every shot, my main problem is the styling as well. Way too overwrought. A perfect example of 'wearing it all at once'. Also Toni and Alisa's make-up looks exactly the same even though it's supposed to be months apart, was this intentional?

The rest of the edits look extremely dull as usual. I'm really surprised how Christiane manages to keep this magazine afloat. Everything is just so half-baked and cold, even when they attempt art.

10-06-2015
V.I.P.

The model in Haut Zart is Larissa Hofmann. One of the girls in Landpartie is Adrienne Jüliger.

I agree that it is not a great issue overall, but I don't think the cover story is that bad. It's certainly more a fall story, but I enjoy the scenery and, even though I'm in the minority with this, the abundance. In this case, I quite like the 'too much going on' feel it has.

Last edited by sore; 10-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.
10-06-2015
backstage pass

Yes, at first glance Tonis Pictures just look like too much of that instagram "lux" filter. At the same time it somehow reminds me of that old traveller-explorer photography, or maybe rather posters from that time. Which IMO fits travelling and summer break quite well, and also has some positive feel about it to (if you focus on the exploring, getting aways thing and ignore any political aspects...) Maybe I'm writing nonsense and should just have slept a little more the last few days...
Don't know, in my opinion the editing works for some pictures, for some not so much. I kind of like two of the "framed" ones and the one with the almost graphic pattern in the background, that balances that "lux" thing somehow. But I don't know if it should be a main editorial of a vogue magazine.

I btw also quite like the landscape pictures of the Landpartie, but somehow it's hard to connect those to the model pictures and that text...

V.I.P.

Toni's facial expression is soo mehhh and boring

11-06-2015
fashion insider

What is going on with Vogue? All of them from Spain to Russia and Japan to Germany seem to have taken a turn for the worst. Not to mention the British and French editions have been so stale for a while now and sadly the Miesel free Vogue Italia seems like it could be headed south too by the looks of the current issue:/

And let's add to that all the new additions that quite honestly should never have been approved and were left with Australia, US, and China as the only ones upholding the Vogue name.

11-06-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATO View Post
Toni's facial expression is soo mehhh and boring
Yep, incredibly stunning, but her modeling skills are subpar, she always does the half open mouth thing, and brings no emotion or intrigue to her editorials.

11-06-2015
V.I.P.

Sgura should consider switching to landscape photography. All his ambient shots are beautiful. Then Toni comes in and everything goes downhill. I could blame it on Toni, but this is Sgura we're talking about...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, garrn, germany, giampaolo, july, sgura, toni, vogue