How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2009
V.I.P.

everything about this issue is really bad

15-04-2009
V.I.P.

I love this Issue ,in those Issue are very nice Eds I like it

15-04-2009
tfs star

Wow, I love it! All the eds are beautiful, especially Diva de Luxor and Dream On! Magic Black is really strong on the other hand

V.I.P.

Fantastic issue, classic German Vogue, thanks so much for all the previews achAT.

15-04-2009
she's got the look

Ana Claudia!
Looks like a great issue, I'm loving the previews.

backstage pass

looking good! loving the meghan, jewelry ed and stage ed previews!

V.I.P.

I bought the issue today (my first one would you believe) .

It's overall strong, although quite thin, just over 240 pages. The Meghan and Dree ed is stunning and the best even though I expected a bit more from some of the shots. Ana Claudia's one is O.K, there are two really amazing shots (with her on a fairy-tale bed topless in Chloe and one of her in a bathtub in Cavalli), otherwise it's alright. Arlenis' one is also strong. I didn't care for the Jewllery one.

BTW there's an article on Gossip Girl (again) which is nothing new and one on the 'Model As A Muse' to tie in with the MET, although I found it quite boring as the writer is just reminiscing on her own experiences (not particularly exciting). And she kind of stupidly references great editors and photographers who contributed to helping the muse, but she only mentioned female ones. Since when did Von Unwerth or Simmons contribute to making someone a muse ? It's was a little sexist :p

But yeah good issue overall!

15-04-2009
Alluring

I love Arlenis's look on the cover and I really like the issue in general, Vogue Germany always delivers for me

15-04-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

This issue is truly bad. The articles are boring which is highly unusual for Vogue Deutsch and I hate every single editorial, especially because the styling is always soooo far off. This is actually the first time I've seen a black model in Vogue Deutsch, so at least something.

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
This is actually the first time I've seen a black model in Vogue Deutsch, so at least something.
About 12-15 years ago, the magazine used to run about two covers a year with non-white models on the front, ranging from Kiara and Beverley Peele through to Yasmeen Ghauri, not to mention the Naomi covers.

And Vogue Deutsch will always be notable to me for having an Asian on the cover when most European magazines were pretending they didn't exist. November 1998 with Ling Tang (image source - iconography).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ling.jpg (20.5 KB, 320 views)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
I bought the issue today (my first one would you believe) .

It's overall strong, although quite thin, just over 240 pages. The Meghan and Dree ed is stunning and the best even though I expected a bit more from some of the shots. Ana Claudia's one is O.K, there are two really amazing shots (with her on a fairy-tale bed topless in Chloe and one of her in a bathtub in Cavalli), otherwise it's alright. Arlenis' one is also strong. I didn't care for the Jewllery one.

BTW there's an article on Gossip Girl (again) which is nothing new and one on the 'Model As A Muse' to tie in with the MET, although I found it quite boring as the writer is just reminiscing on her own experiences (not particularly exciting). And she kind of stupidly references great editors and photographers who contributed to helping the muse, but she only mentioned female ones. Since when did Von Unwerth or Simmons contribute to making someone a muse ? It's was a little sexist :p

But yeah good issue overall!
Von Unwerth shooting Claudia for Guess in the early 90's was pretty iconic and was quite a contribution to her career and status as a muse I guess...

15-04-2009
front row

I am loving the previews, thank you for posting achAT.

I am most excited to see Koto Bolofo's ed though. I can't get enough of his work.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Von Unwerth shooting Claudia for Guess in the early 90's was pretty iconic and was quite a contribution to her career and status as a muse I guess...
Good point but I couldn't recall that relationship being mentioned. I only remember a Gisele and Lagerfeld shoot being mentioned...I skimmed through it though and my German's not perfect.

15-04-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
About 12-15 years ago, the magazine used to run about two covers a year with non-white models on the front, ranging from Kiara and Beverley Peele through to Yasmeen Ghauri, not to mention the Naomi covers.

And Vogue Deutsch will always be notable to me for having an Asian on the cover when most European magazines were pretending they didn't exist. November 1998 with Ling Tang (image source - iconography).

I cannot speak about the past of this magazine, for I've been buying it for about three years now, but recently I have noticed the lack of black or Asian girls in Vogue Deutsch. I think that's a pity but I don't think there is a malevolent motivation behind this.

goodbye kiss

Even if the eds weren't completely scanned, I already loved them, especially Arlenis's and Meghan's. Meghan's been doing a great job in Vogue Germany!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, alexi, arlenis, germany, lubomirski, pea, sosa, vogue