Vogue India May 2017 : Kendall Jenner by Mario Testino - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2017
MON
V.I.P.

I agree^. It's not Vogue India that we should be looking at, it's the fact that Mario decided that it's her that he'll use for the cover. It's not like Vogue India can tell Mario what to do, nor can they change his decisions. I think part of these agreements is the surrender of control to the Photographer. So the fact Mario chose him, is a bigger feat for her.

Last edited by MON; 03-05-2017 at 07:34 AM.
03-05-2017
V.I.P.

Kendall needs more supporters if she is going to prolong her modeling days... Testino is a good person to have in her corner... it's genius of him to use her because she is going to give much visibility to this edition... and vogue India...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
03-05-2017
trendsetter

I prefer his Australian Vogue issue with Lara Stone to this mess. His Aussie Vogue was perfect - from the fonts to the models and the energy.

Can't say the same for this.. Nice font, Indian Vogue better stick to it.

03-05-2017
V.I.P.

Preview of one editorial

Photography: Mario Testino
Styling: Anastasia Barbieri
Hair: Christiaan
Makeup: Val Garland
Set design: Andrew Tomlinson
Models: Marjan Jonkman & Nora Attal

blog.nextmanagement.com

03-05-2017
V.I.P.

Must admit that I like the look of everything here, and think Kendall looks fantastic. I saw some of Kendall's cover story online and love the look of that too. The whole concept and styling reminds me of those retro James Bond movies from the 60s and 70s. Yes!

03-05-2017
don't look down

It's certainly a sign of something that a nation that must have several million beautiful women gets to see this face on the front of their magazine.

fashion insider

I like it. for what it is. Might get it.

This may be same old same old Mario, but it’s the same old signature that’s going to elevate Vogue India to a world class edition— even if it may be just a one-off, and they’ll be back to their amateur, ModelMayhem-aesthetic after this. And Mario having christened her as the Chosen One for his edition is nothing to scoff at (Benn). It’s definitely not the beginning of the end for her.

(The “Indian” script is hilariously clunky… It’s like the result of having to sign on one of those FedEx scanners. Oh Vogue India, you can’t help being ratchet.)

04-05-2017
trendsetter

Bad bad bad. This is not cover worthy at all.

04-05-2017
V.I.P.

Why didnt Nora get the cover?

04-05-2017
tfs star

Does this issue have ANY Indian models?

backstage pass

Kendall looks horrible, at least in this picture, but even if they are betters why the f*ck did they chose her? what a waste of (more) space

04-05-2017
V.I.P.

And then some of you still see a supermodel in her lol =

Quote:
It is shaping up to be a no good, very bad month for supermodel Kendall Jenner:
1- On April 4, her much-touted Pepsi commercial was released and almost immediately panned for a complete lack of self-awareness.

2- There's the reportedly dramatic split happening between the Kardashian/Jenners and their former stylist Monica Rose (Jenner has reportedly hired Beyoncé's stylist Marni Senofonte as a replacement).

3- Then there was the absolute disaster of Fyre Festival, which Jenner had promoted — and then deleted — on her social media channels, reportedly making $250K per post.

4- Now, the model faces controversy over what should be her bread and butter. Jenner's Vogue India cover, shot by Mario Testino to celebrate its 10th anniversary, was released on Wednesday to backlash amongst its readers. WWD pulled quotes from Vogue India's social media pages, primarily from consumers who didn't understand why the glossy didn't cast a model or actress from India for the honor.
Source: http://fashionista.com/

This cover looks really bad and ONCE AGAIN for the 10 0000000 times: THIS GIRL HAS NO RANGE! The people who try to see, the talents of chameleon of Linda Evangelista or the personality of Cindy Crawford or the walk of Naomi or the beauty of Christy, have lost their minds. She is just the b*** of the moment and she has the support of designers and Anna Wintour but many girls like that who are famous because of their family names or whatever (we all know how the Kardashians got to where they are now... because of pure talents and skills lol LOL LOOOL... ) come and go. I´m not worried lol.

Last edited by Bertrando3; 04-05-2017 at 02:44 PM.
04-05-2017
MON
V.I.P.

I do get the sentiments of why it wasn't an Indian model or actress (which could've been so much better), but the choice didn't surprise me at all. Remember Vogue Japan's 15th Anniversary Issue with Miranda Kerr wearing a kimono?

Anniversary Issues are more of who the photographer adores at the moment, and at the same time appeasing him/her, and less of actually celebrating the magazine and how it changed the fashion in that country and it's achievements.

04-05-2017
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^ I disagree, this is a Mario Testino edited issue of Vogue India's Anniversary, nowhere near from her "end", it's an honour SHE got the cover actually! Makes total sense, career wise, every agent would wish this for their model, let's not kid ourselves!
Agreed this is actually the peak when you can be used in foregin issues because you are now a recognizable brand globally. That said, it would have been a nice cover but the angle is not good.

V.I.P.

HEATED SUMMER
PHOTOGRAPHER: MARIO TESTINO
MODEL: KENDALL JENNER
TALENT: SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT
STYLING: SARAJANE HOARE
HAIR: CHRISTIAAN
MAKE UP: VAL GARLAND

visualizing.fashion

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags