Vogue Italia April 2011 : Kristina Salinovic by Steven Meisel - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

The main editorial is so much better than I expected
The cast is great once again and even if the three of them have a very distinctive beauty, they work perfectly together. I know he has already done this type of shoot millions times before, but I don't care, cos he still amaze me.
I just wished the ed was only composed of the B&W pictures , the coloured ones looks a bit out of place and are less effective. It reminds me of that February story with Daphne G., Agyness and Jamie Brochet where you had studio shots mixed with saloon ones.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 05-04-2011 at 03:18 PM.
05-04-2011
fashion insider

video : http://www.vogue.it/magazine/cover-s...wear-with-what

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Meisel is running out of ideas.
Well, yes. And that's not a surprise as he is shooting every month for VI and also US Vogue. Maybe people are having too high expectation from someone shooting that much... even if he can produce genius stuff that doesn't mean a genius will be genius every month because of the deadline etc. Now the suggestion he or VI should have a break from each other is interesting but who else, what other photographers should replace him from time to time for shooting cover and main editorial? It seems like a real choice from the mag to have him shoot every single cover etc. and it's a big question to find some alternative to this process right now without changing it from head to toe. Photographers already working for the mag (Emma Summerton or Paolo Roversi being the first names popping up in my tired mind) or total newcomers as jokers/wildcards? Politics and strategy aside I believe it would be a nice change but on another hand it has to be done carefully, in order to keep the spirit of the magazine alive which is not a common thing these days (between status quo at some publication and too easy changes at others).

This being said I'm not fond of the cover and not convinced by the editorial as well. Neither models nor styling made me change my mind so far and I must say I'd rather count on secondary editorials to thrill me up this time...

05-04-2011
backstage pass

is that lindsey wixson? daphne looks gorge. she should've had the cover.

05-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
YUK, that's the one i defo hate. It so cliche and what's she doing? It represent a girl with big hair and then? On the other hand her 3 and 4 are really amazing. Esp. the 3 one.

Also I agree with most about Meisel: been there, done that. Nothing new, nothing really exciting. About anything.
Well, to be fair, majority of the pictures are cliche: girl walking with purse, girl smoking cigarette looking mean, girl side head shot with high hair, etc. Either way, the picture is still a gorgeous one and I don't even care for Daphne at all but can still appreciate a nice shot for what it is.

06-04-2011
front row

Better quality scans of the main editorial:

Scans by me.
Scanning all the rest now ;-)

ģ

Personal Best
Ph: Steven Meisel
St: Edward Enninful
M: Daphne Groeneveld, Lindsay Wixson & Kristina Salinovic

zfashionblog

ģ

zfashionblog

backstage pass

It's nice, but nothingwe haven't already seen. Daphne is doing a wonderful job, though.-

06-04-2011
clo
V.I.P.

I really don't like the main editorial but that's probably because I don't like any of the models who are in it.

06-04-2011
V.I.P.

I like it. Like what happened during the F/W 2011 shows, I consider this a torch passing editorial. A day or so ago, this ed was deemed random and I commented that we had not seen the full ed, well now that I have seen the full ed, it is random. However, if you have strong models then you can pull off randomness, isn't this what the February issues of Vogue Paris are? The noteworthy thing here is that strong pieces are being shown and that Sasha, Daria, Karlie, Lara, Freja or Maria Carla were not called upon to pull it off.

Last edited by agee; 06-04-2011 at 10:48 AM.
06-04-2011
backstage pass

I think that Lindsay looks fantastic, she really stands out for me in the photos

06-04-2011
V.I.P.

a great editorial, love the colors and kristina looks uber cool..what a wicked smile..:p

front row

First scans form Jessica Alba's editorial.

Photographer: Michelangelo di Battista
Stylist: Alice Gentilucci
Scans by me

V.I.P.

Rather unfortunate the cover isn't that yummy as there are some really amazing portraits in the main editorial, the profile ones (sp Lindsey's ) , the cigarette shot of Kristina, both the headscarves and the wigs groupshots, the Daphne's veil shot and Lindsey's leopard top shot...
But something is missing somehow, or I am missing something, but I wish I'd see more of the story teller side of Meisel...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, italia, kristina, meisel, salinovic, steven, vogue